PDA

View Full Version : The Amish and the X3

Dr. Phil
11-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Today was switch over to snows day so I was at my dealer :) Low and behold their first X3 had just cleared PDI :D Hmmm.....9 miles on the odometer, nice and clean, blue and ready for its first customer experience :angel:

Well 26 miles later, I returned it to its original location. Overall I nice ride but I will share more pictures and write up later tonight.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22507

Mr. The Edge
11-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Today was switch over to snows day so I was at my dealer

:confused:

why? :dunno:

alee
11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Bad back? :dunno:
My vote is on lazy. :D

Dr. Phil
11-25-2003, 02:43 PM
My vote is on lazy. :D
Ha ha.....actually got inspection done to match up with plate and to avoid emission test that starts soon :D

Plus lazy and no place to do switch over right now:p

Oh, nice drive, 3.0 liter seemed a bit sluggish compared to sedan (could be weight / gearing issues).....

The HACK
11-30-2003, 11:10 AM
I like those wheels. Why does BMW always put the more attractive wheels on the sh*tty packages? On the E46 coupe, they put the 5 spoke on the none-sports 328Ci. That was one of my favorite BMW factory wheels. On the Premium package 328i the put the cross spoke wheels, another one of my favorite. :(

RCK
11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
I like those wheels. Why does BMW always put the more attractive wheels on the sh*tty packages? On the E46 coupe, they put the 5 spoke on the none-sports 328Ci. That was one of my favorite BMW factory wheels. On the Premium package 328i the put the cross spoke wheels, another one of my favorite. :(

I will have to disagree with you Hack. Those are terrible wheels...looks like they came off a Honda CRV :tsk:

LmtdSlip
11-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Gotta love that sunroof! :thumbup:

I can help but think that there are better choices for the $$ than the X3.

Mr. The Edge
11-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Those wheels are not good.

The SP wheels are the best.

bluer1
11-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I like the plastic bumpers - no rock chips!
:thumbup:

Craps_Player
12-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Gotta love that sunroof! :thumbup:

I can help but think that there are better choices for the $$ than the X3.

No sunroof shade? It gotta get HOT in the sun..... :eek:

FireFly
12-03-2003, 06:52 AM
No sunroof shade? It gotta get HOT in the sun..... :eek:

The X3 has a sunroof shade...

Dr. Phil
12-03-2003, 06:59 AM
The X3 has a sunroof shade...
Power operated too :bigpimp:

FireFly
12-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Power operated too :bigpimp:

When I test drove the X3 did I see that with the shade closed you could hit a button which would sort of open a vent in the middle of the shade, allowing air to flow but not let the sun in? I seem to recall the vent looked more like a grill... Was I seeing things?

Dr. Phil
12-03-2003, 07:55 AM
When I test drove the X3 did I see that with the shade closed you could hit a button which would sort of open a vent in the middle of the shade, allowing air to flow but not let the sun in? I seem to recall the vent looked more like a grill... Was I seeing things?
Nope, that is what it does :thumbup: Definitely one of my favorite features of the X3 :)

car_for_mom
12-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Fellow Bimmerphiles,

I confess to being somewhat interested in the X3; but from what I've heard, it doesn't have that much more room than Karl Bimmer?

I'm thinking of something a little different for the next Bimmer (True Confession: what I really, really, really would like is the 650Ci, but I'se 'po' :p ). The New 5 sort of interests me, but it sort of doesn't - I'm ambivalent.

Thinking of the next Bimmer, you ask? Well, my current one has 30,150 miles; at this rate, I'll have over 120,000 miles in four years :yikes: So, I'm thinking I'd best start saving the 'dead presidents' for the next one!

FireFly
12-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Fellow Bimmerphiles,

I confess to being somewhat interested in the X3; but from what I've heard, it doesn't have that much more room than Karl Bimmer?

I'm thinking of something a little different for the next Bimmer (True Confession: what I really, really, really would like is the 650Ci, but I'se 'po' :p ). The New 5 sort of interests me, but it sort of doesn't - I'm ambivalent.

Thinking of the next Bimmer, you ask? Well, my current one has 30,150 miles; at this rate, I'll have over 120,000 miles in four years :yikes: So, I'm thinking I'd best start saving the 'dead presidents' for the next one!

120,000 miles is just getting broken in. My uncle put 500k and 450k miles on his 2 BMW 325's.

SARAFIL
12-15-2003, 07:06 PM
120,000 miles is just getting broken in. My uncle put 500k and 450k miles on his 2 BMW 325's.

To get back on to the original topic, anyone interested should make the trek to the dealer this week if you want to drive a manual tranny 3.0. We received our second demo today, a Black Sapphire 3.0i 6-speed (not sport). Overall, I think this one looks significantly better. It's shocking what a "nicer" (or, more appropriate) exterior color, better interior color and wood trim (vs. polka dot aluminum) trim will do.

MJM
12-16-2003, 06:09 AM

To get back on to the original topic, anyone interested should make the trek to the dealer this week if you want to drive a manual tranny 3.0. We received our second demo today, a Black Sapphire 3.0i 6-speed (not sport). Overall, I think this one looks significantly better. It's shocking what a "nicer" (or, more appropriate) exterior color, better interior color and wood trim (vs. polka dot aluminum) trim will do.

SARAFIL: How do you think the Blue Water Metallic color will look on the X3 with Black Leather? The hardest part of choosing a color is that you can not see them for real on the car and the paint chips are very small. My understanding is that this color was available only on the previous version of the 5 Series cars for one year. Was it dropped for poor sales or just went by the wayside when the new model was introduced?

Thanks,

MJM