PDA

View Full Version : Gee whiz! Wow!

Paul A
11-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Its easy to become blase about technology and the neat things we now take for granted. Every now and then, however, a 'gee whiz' happens when something you never thought about suddenly appears before your very eyes. This happened to me this morning at my BMW dealer. Maybe its old hat to the folks on this board but I was sure impressed. The service rep put my key in a little gizmo on his desk which was attached to his computer and up came a screen with my cars present kilometers, number of service lights showing, estimated mileage to service for a number of systems, and probably some other stuff I didn't digest. He told me the key from the 7 brings up about three screens full of data. I didn't know the keys were that intelligent and I thought the whole thing was extremely cool.

Cheers.

The Roadstergal
11-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Neat! :thumbup: That really is great technology.

(Then again, I'm still in the middle of thinking power windows and cruise control are great technology.)

OBS3SSION
11-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I was suitably impressed as well when I brought Twilight in for her first service a couple months back.

Paul A
11-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Twilight? I've had names for motorcycles over the years but never for one of my cars. Whence Twilight?

OBS3SSION
11-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Twilight? I've had names for motorcycles over the years but never for one of my cars. Whence Twilight?

Primarlily because of the color: Tourmaline Violet. Plus, I just like naming my cars.