PDA

View Full Version : I just test drove the X3

JetBlack330i
11-25-2003, 06:08 PM
I can't help but compare it to the X5.
Yes, it handles well. Almost like a sedan, despite the higher center of gravity. But not quite as supple as the X5. The particular car I drove had the Premium package, but it didn't feel as luxurious as the loaner X5 I had.
Although is has the same 3.0 engine than the X5, somehow it didn't feel as strong. Both had the tiptronic transmission, but I walked out of the X5 with the distinct impression that a 3.0 is plenty sufficient. Somehow, today I didn't have that impression with the X3.
Rumors that it has more interior room than the X5 is false.
One thing is for sure: X3 will not canibalize X5 sales.
Yes, it's cheaper than the X5, but I'd say, overall, the value index (what you get for your dollar) is the same (which is not very high) :eek:

Sean
11-25-2003, 06:17 PM
I sat in the demo yesterday after it had just come off the truck. I was totally unimpressed, especially for what the thing cost. The interior is cheap in my opinion. Piss poor! It made me scratch my head and think to myself, WTF? :dunno: The front is flat and Fugly. The Sunroof is huge, it is about the same size as the roof in a Cooper/CooperS. The 17" wheels are too small for the vehicle itself. The bumper covers like like @ss! The plastic molding on the rocker panal catches the back of your leg getting in and out. This is bound to get your pants & etc dirty. My BMW Tech friend is actually the one that brought this to my attention. I'm sure it drives great and they will sell the hell out of them just for the fact it has a Roundel on it, but they won't be selling one to me. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: