PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrgh Car sent back to the VPC !!!

ivan308
11-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Sorry I just have to vent and l am sure anyone that has ever been a fellow waiter will commiserate with me.

Original scheduled delivery date was 11/15 however with the backlog that the VPC has the car was delayed. Finally got an update last week that the car had been released to the carrier on 11/21. Needless to say I was expecting delivery today or at the latest tomorrow. Call my dealer to find out the status and they tell me that they do not have the car and neither does the carrier. Needless to say I was not pleased and requested to know what was going on.
After some research the dealer tells me that the carrier had sent the car back to the VPC because it had some minor damage. A scratch or something. Needless to say I will probably not get the car now until Saturday maybe.

I believe I need to ask for a port report to get details on the damage

Anyone ever hear of this happening before?

2004onyx330xi
11-25-2003, 08:09 PM
If it was something as simple as a scratch, most dealers are equiped to deal with such repairs. I would definitely get the low down before accepting the vehicle.

numbersguy
11-25-2003, 09:59 PM
I too have been waiting a long time for an ordered car to arrive. And I've been thinking about what it would take in the way of mistakes and screwups for me to tell the dealer to just keep the damn thing when it finally shows up.

Delivery damage bad enough to send it back to the VPC just might do it for me!

numbersguy
11-25-2003, 10:05 PM
And another thing. I've been reading about those electronic sensors that measure paint thickness in mils. If the paint thickness is over spec it means your car has had body repairs no matter how good the repair looks. I'm not so sure I'd want to pay retail for a car that flunks this test right off the bat.

Pinecone
11-26-2003, 02:49 AM
Next time, do a Performance Center Delivery. :)

You know EXACTLY the date of delivery, and they WILL make that date.

GimpyMcFarlan
11-26-2003, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the delay of your Bimmer ivan308. :( If it is due to a scratch, please be assured that she is being well taken care of at the VPC. They have a complete body and paint shop there that rivals the one at the BMW factory. I'm sure that she will be better than new when she arrives! Hang in there!

e46shift
11-27-2003, 10:30 AM
get the vpc report