PDA

View Full Version : I think the local dealer hid the X3 tonight

Kaz
11-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Dropped by one of the local dealers tonight after doing a little (window) shopping for tools. Sorta expected to find a X3 sitting on the lot to look at, though it seems like the one they should have is hidden away someplace. I'll have to go back during the day and take a little test drive.

Some other observations:

-2 Imola Red ZHPs. One was a AT, though. :tsk:
-A Tourmaline Violet CPO E65. Didn't realize that was a standard color.
-They had their 2 remaining Alpina Z8s dug out from the back where they had them. No markup, unlike all the M3Cs and MCSs there.
-X5 facelift is pretty subtle in person
-A 545i 6MT in Olivin Green. Um, that looks like Kalahari Beige to me.
-The 545 appears to have 2-piece front and rear rotors. The hats appear to be aluminum and they seem to be attached to the rotor with headless bolts or something. The calipers are HUGE for a sliding type.
-The hood/headlight cutline on the E60 is from... A Ford Contour

philippek
11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
We're not hiding anything, Kaz...the dockworkers at Hueneme haven't seen fit to get ours down here yet.

And unfortunately, every ZHP we have in stock currently is a steptronic.

Tourmaline Violet...what a color.

Kaz
11-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Philippe, the front right tire of that purple E65 appears to be low.

And I actually couldn't go into the showroom to verify that the one inside was a AT or not.

philippek
11-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Kaz,

the tire is an easy fix...but what the hell are we going to do about that color?

The HACK
11-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Kaz,

the tire is an easy fix...but what the hell are we going to do about that color?

Sell it to Alex Baumann. :D

You know, I used to think I like Toledo blue on the pictures I see, but after seeing it in person I don't think I'd want Toledo. Bring back TOPAZ! :mad:

Kaz
11-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Kaz,

:dunno: It took you guys FOREVER to sell off that one purple MB C320 last year. Maybe purple just isn't a OC color.

philippek
11-26-2003, 01:33 PM
I can't believe you remember that car...Amethyst C320 sport with gray interior. And we never sold it...it ended up with a wholesaler, IIRC.

Kaz
11-26-2003, 01:47 PM
I can't believe you remember that car...Amethyst C320 sport with gray interior. And we never sold it...it ended up with a wholesaler, IIRC.

How often do you see a PURPLE Benz?

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-26-2003, 01:59 PM
I saw a X3 on the truck heading east on Wishire Blvd today. Truck wasn't even covered! :eeps:

SARAFIL
11-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Kaz,

the tire is an easy fix...but what the hell are we going to do about that color?We say the same about our Kalahari Beige 760. :yikes:

Also, Chiaretto Red isn't much better. :cry:

(directed towards HACK: ) Toledo, on the other hand, rocks. So much more to it than Topaz. Plus, it never replaced Topaz; Mystic did. Even nicer on the X5 with SP and 19'' wheels! :bigpimp:

philippek
11-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Mr. Kaz, sir, I can happily report that your Mystic Blue/Sand Leather X3 has arrived at your dealership, and can be made available for a test drive at a moments notice.

Unless you prefer lurking on the lot after hours...

C'mon over...stay awhile...have a cup of coffee even...

GimpyMcFarlan
11-26-2003, 04:57 PM
My father and I got an opportunity to catch a sneek peek at an X3 yersterday. (Thank you Scottsdale BMW!) It had arrived at the dealership just a couple hours before we saw it. :bigpimp: It was freshly detailed and the cardboard floor protectors didn;t have a mark on them. :D Just like the new 5, you must see the X3 to truely appreciate the design. Mystic Blue looks stunning on this SAV. :thumbup: I didn't think the interior looked "cheap" at all. It is definitely utilitarian compared to my 3 coupe, but it was very nice overall. There was plenty of space in the rear seats for my 6'2" frame. It had an unusual aluminum trim... ...it had a polk-dot kind of look to it... ...it took me by surprize at first but I like it better than the traditional plain silver trim color... ...don't ask me what it was called.

SARAFIL
11-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Mr. Kaz, sir, I can happily report that your Mystic Blue/Sand Leather X3 has arrived at your dealership, and can be made available for a test drive at a moments notice.

I agree. If you want to see it, going after hours won't guarantee anything. One of our Sales Managers took it home last night, and our General Manger took it home today over Thanksgiving to test it out. Therefore, if you were to stop by after hours, you might think we were hiding it as well.

Also, it could have been in their service department, showroom, reconditioning department, etc.

Kaz
11-26-2003, 07:59 PM

I will have to cruise by soon during daylight hours. Unlikely that it will convince me to get out of my beloved wagon, but it could make for some recommendations. Like I know a E24 owner who is looking for something like it, but wants something smaller than a X5...

Mathew
11-26-2003, 09:29 PM
My mother had a purple s-class once

:eek:

Technic
11-26-2003, 10:17 PM
My father and I got an opportunity to catch a sneek peek at an X3 yersterday. (Thank you Scottsdale BMW!) It had arrived at the dealership just a couple hours before we saw it. :bigpimp: It was freshly detailed and the cardboard floor protectors didn;t have a mark on them. :D Just like the new 5, you must see the X3 to truely appreciate the design. Mystic Blue looks stunning on this SAV. :thumbup: I didn't think the interior looked "cheap" at all. It is definitely utilitarian compared to my 3 coupe, but it was very nice overall. There was plenty of space in the rear seats for my 6'2" frame. It had an unusual aluminum trim... ...it had a polk-dot kind of look to it... ...it took me by surprize at first but I like it better than the traditional plain silver trim color... ...don't ask me what it was called.

... aluminum golf ball trim? :dunno: