PDA

View Full Version : Day trips from Lennox, MA

craigrow
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
In a couple of weeks my wife and I will be in Lennox, MA. My parents will be taking the kids and leaving me with their Cadillac XLR. Any suggestions for day-trips and good drives from Lennox?

craigrow
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Is this the wrong forum?:dunno:

Certainly somebody can recommend a nice drive or two.

dms540i
07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
This time of year it's all about Tanglewood. Later on it's fall foliage. Besides great dining and spas there's the Rockwell museum not to far away in Stockbridge, I believe. Or head north up US Route 7 through Williamstown into VT for a nice scenic Green Mountain drive - six months from now come back and bring your skis. Relax and avoid plans. I would just pack a picnic supper and head to Tanglewood with a map.

jpmcguire
07-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Boston has a lot of real American history -but it is a city-and it is summer! I'm from RI and I'd suggest heading north along the coast -Glouchester MA is so quaint and artsi. Then there is heading a little East to Plymouth and see the Rock and the mayflower.
Enjoy your visit.

craigrow
07-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the advice. We spend a lot of time driving the twisty roads of the Berkshires. Stockbridge, Lee, Lenox, are all nice towns. We saw the Rockwell museum and the Sharker village. We took an over-night trip to Cooperstown, which was the hilight of the trip, and saw the Howe caverns. Our final night was spent at Tanglewood where my Mom had worked for seven years and acted as our personal, expert, tour guide. After putting about 600 miles on the Cadillac I can't wait for my 335i.