PDA

View Full Version : SAT Radio w/business CD

PABS
11-26-2003, 06:28 AM
After reading all the post on sat radio (XM, Sirius) I don't see anywhere that it allows me to keep the CD changer.

What arrangement allows me to add sat and keep all the functionality I currently have.

BTW, my car is a 2001 330ci w/the HW business CD.

ObD
11-26-2003, 10:42 AM
After reading all the post on sat radio (XM, Sirius) I don't see anywhere that it allows me to keep the CD changer.

What arrangement allows me to add sat and keep all the functionality I currently have.

BMW OEM CD changer ---> BMW OEM Sirius receiver is your only option. To use the BMW OEM Sirius receiver in a 2001 you need to swap your MY 2001 headunit with a MY 2003 headunit.

Aftermarket CD changer ----> Blitzsafe or Soundgate adapter with a compatible bus with the CD changer AND in addition an AUX port on the adapter. XM or Sirius tuner plugs into the AUX port.

LordByron
01-02-2004, 08:39 PM

After you get Sirius u won't need a CD Changer anymore... if u want to listen to a CD just use the one in your dash that all that u'll need