PDA

View Full Version : No power to seats or idrive control

montehall
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I pulled my center console out yesterday to vacuum the AC ducts. I put it back together and now I have no seat controls and the idrive wheel wont function. The only connectors I pulled were the rear fans and the power outlets... which still work and so does the led light at the front of the console.... any ideas?

amg142
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
theres a wire that connect right under the idrive control knob of the center console. When disconnected u get no power to seat control or idrive knob

montehall
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
theres a wire that connect right under the idrive control knob of the center console. When disconnected u get no power to seat control or idrive knob
Is it a small 4-pin black connector? I can't find where the jack is for it

amg142
07-08-2010, 05:55 PM

same thing happened to me lol. the jack is located right under the idrive unit on center console. its a pain to clip on bc the wire is really short. basically the center console has to be almost closed for it to reach.

TechFreak
07-08-2010, 05:55 PM

IDrive connector :

http://www.xolmatic.com/xprojects/XE65/Consola_Central/IMG_0807.JPG

You can just see the IDrive connector in the centre offset left in the photo below :

http://www.xolmatic.com/xprojects/XE65/Consola_Central/IMG_0804.JPG

montehall
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey thanks for the help... that plug is pretty hidden, but that fixed it. Thanks again.

Tallguy
06-15-2016, 04:21 PM
2004 BMW 745I
Have the same issue Idrive does not power up and all seat controls not working unless connected to a scan computer then you can move seats. Is there a general relay or module that send power to all? even none of the seat switches light up both sides. SAny ideas I,m interested as to what is stuck causing no power 5v on green wire going to I drive centre console control under knob. however I was told the previous battery went dead does this have anything to do with it?

06-23-2016, 12:33 AM
My idrive has stopped working too. E66. Had a charger plugged into the battery. Started the car noticed no idrive. Thing ive blown something up. Oh well.