PDA

View Full Version : Alpina front spoiler help!!

wees1234
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

Will the alpina front chin spoiler fit over the factory 2006 e66 760Li front bumper with maybe a bit of modification or none? I was told the alpina has a different front bumper than the regular model and you will need that bumper and front spoiler to fit it, and it wouldn't fit over the factory bumper. I already purchased it and would love to know before i go through the hassle of installing it to my new car. Please any input would be appreciated.

ndabunka
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Short answer... You should not have a problem as long as the Alpina bumper you bought is from a 2006 or newer model. Who told you it had a different bumper? Was it an Alpina front from a earlier year model? Did you buy the one off eBay for the $1,400 or so he was trying to get out of it?

Seven11
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
whaaaa?

wees, u got a new car?

wees1234
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
whaaaa?

wees, u got a new car?

yea i got a 2006, I'm doing a full pearl white paintjob with the black roof hopefully and need to get the alpina front clip first because I already bought the rear. I got my lowenhart lc1's being powdercoated black with the pearl white lips, and I just need to get the right looking exhaust tips for the rear bumper. I just need to know asap before he starts shooting the car if the alpina front spoiler will fit over the stock bumper. I already ordered and picked it up from my dealership but I dont want to have him touch it until i get the right answer. Any help with the exhaust tips and front clip/spoiler and rear trunk spoiler will be appeciated.

Seven11
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
if u already have the alpina front spoiler, i dont see how u cant just put it on the car and see if it fits? :dunno:

and we need some pics of your car ASAP!

wees1234
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
if u already have the alpina front spoiler, i dont see how u cant just put it on the car and see if it fits? :dunno:

and we need some pics of your car ASAP!

promise that after i get it. A very good friend is doing the work and its more of a surprise to me so he doesnt wanna show me the car until its done. Wheels will be about 3 weeks alone so hopefully a month and pics will be up. Find me exhaust tips please for that bumper

Seven11
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
what bumper? alipina? if so then, a nice dual tips are what u need.

sorry for the HUUUGE picture but i think its great to check out a close up

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/c/c8/20100312155918%212007_BMW_Alpina_B7_E66_Sedan.jpg

ndabunka
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Ah, just re-read the original post. You didn't buy the ENTIRE front Alpina bumper but rather bought some type of "lip" or "chin, right? If so, then it likely will not fit on the OEM 7-series bumper as the Alpina and the OEM bumpers ARE significantly different bumpers with obviously different lines. I m just not certain what an "Alpina CHIN" may actually be as I did not think that the Alpina front was anything other than a single front bumper myself. Others with Alpina's on here may be able to give you better guidance

Seven11
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
we need pics of the car

before all the mods is fine also

sanhonda22
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I m just not certain what an "Alpina CHIN" may actually be as I did not think that the Alpina front was anything other than a single front bumper myself. Others with Alpina's on here may be able to give you better guidance

In these pics, its hard to tell. I do remember seeing pics of an Alpina B7 front, where it consisted of the upper half bumper, and the bottom half as an attachment for that specific bumper. However, im not sure if that was for a pre or post facelift model.

sanhonda22
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I already ordered and picked it up from my dealership but I dont want to have him touch it until i get the right answer.

Why not just have the dealership look up the part numbers for the regular bumper, and the B7 bumper, and compare them?

sanhonda22
07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
From looking at pics on RealOem dot com, it looks like the Alpina Front is and add on for the OEM bumper. I guess that the pre-facelift model is the one that may need a new Aplina upper bumper half.

sebi750
01-08-2011, 10:26 PM
whats the part number for the add on?

m3fosho
07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Was wondering if OP ever got that Alpina chin spoiler installed on the 760 stock bumper.