PDA

View Full Version : 2002 bmw 745 engine block weep hole leak

tihomir1
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Can somebody tell me if this coolant leak might be from the water pump or it is from the pipe inside the engine (from the o ring)which is very hard to replace?And do you know what might happen if I plug the weep hole?Thank you!

CodyItaliano
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
might want to get it looked at because both things have been quite prone to leakage.

as far as plugging the hole, it will still be leaking behind the blockage. you can stop the leak like that, but will only fix it until ultimately has quite a gusher. i remember this happening in the parking lot at work with a 745Li, '03 model.

if i had to say, it probably the shaft seal in the water pump. most times it is comming from the weep hole.

ricanhype
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Just had this job done. I went to 3 different shops and then found the solution here in this forum. I actually took it to a shop here in Orlando called HANS Foreign Auto Center and they fixed it and the car is now perfect! I was told it would cost 7-8k at BMW I got quotes of $4500 and got it done for less than half that at HANS. I highly recommend this and I am glad I found it. Here is the link to the fix.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/411578/all-german-auto-custom-cooling-pipe-saves-745-(n62)-owner-thousands-in-repairs