PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Interference/issue and Radio

aheydarp
07-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I have a 2006 750Li and Blackberry Bold 9000 with At&T which is an approved BMW phone. The bluetooth drops off most of the times and in many often when I end the call the radio does not come back up (even when I totally turn off the phone and restart the car). The rado will come back up only when the car is off for a while. I took it to BMW service and they say that it is only supposed to work with the software version 4.6.0167 which is a very old sw version and I can not get that version from Blackberry. It seems ridiculous for a $90k car to only work with one version of the phone SW. Any suggestion?

gman750
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
yea that bold 9000 won't work really well for it for some reason..i had that issue as well...the 9700 works good and the iphone4 does 2.

aheydarp
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your reply. I had a problem with my BB curve 8310 and when I told the dealer he said that 8310 w ATT is not a supported phone. So I decided to get a new phone and was tinking of getting BB9700 but that phone was not a supported phone on BMW site so I got the bold 9000. Now the dealer says that you have to use the old version SW which is not available anywhere. How can BMW make a car and claim it only work with one old version of phone. Even if other people with their new phone get into my car, the radio will not work. It is really ridiculous

BobSC
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your reply. I had a problem with my BB curve 8310 and when I told the dealer he said that 8310 w ATT is not a supported phone. So I decided to get a new phone and was tinking of getting BB9700 but that phone was not a supported phone on BMW site so I got the bold 9000. Now the dealer says that you have to use the old version SW which is not available anywhere. How can BMW make a car and claim it only work with one old version of phone. Even if other people with their new phone get into my car, the radio will not work. It is really ridiculous

That's odd! I have used my BB 8310 on my 2007 750Li for over a year now with no problems whatsoever. I don't put much faith in the list of "supported" phones by BMW. It appears to me that most phones actually work just fine if they are bluetooth capable. But maybe the system is different in an 07.