PDA

View Full Version : BMW Individual

gman750
07-10-2010, 11:07 AM
how many different color interiors does the 7 have excluding the BMW INDIVIDUAL ones?

how would you know if you have an individual 7?

Are these 7's worth more in the long run?

BobSC
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
From the 2007 Sales brochure....

Cream / Black
Beige / Dark Beige
Flannel Gray / Basalt Gray
Lava Blue / Black
Natural Brown / Black
Black /Black

From the 2007 Individual brochure

Platinum Full Merino Leather
Rust Brown Full Merino Leather
Amarone Full Merino Leather

There also is some mention in the individual brochure about a wood grain steering wheel....but apparently there is only one and it is somewhere in North Carolina! :)

There may be some others from earlier of even the 2008 models.

gonecampin
07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I am not sure if it would be worth more in the long run...you are personalizing the car and then you need to find the one person in the world looking for exactly what you have done. You will pay for it brand new though. You would have to convince someone to pay more for your car than one without special interior packages, if they even knew what you where talking about to begin with. Just my $.02. Special order items generally are not worth the same on a used vehicle as to when purchased new.

Boing745
07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I am not sure if it would be worth more in the long run...you are personalizing the car and then you need to find the one person in the world looking for exactly what you have done. You will pay for it brand new though. You would have to convince someone to pay more for your car than one without special interior packages, if they even knew what you where talking about to begin with. Just my $.02. Special order items generally are not worth the same on a used vehicle as to when purchased new.

If you have a good taste and you'll get the right package you will get top dollar for your individual. Before i bought my 7 i was looking on ebay and fully loaded gold 7 with brown interior costed average of about 5K less then black on black. There are alot of very nice 7's out there and every one likes something different but most people even if they dont want black on black they cant say its ugly. I like creme interiors or the one that looks pretty much white, those are hot, but i prefer black on black, if i had a chance to buy one that has the really light interior i would. Just saying here if you got really clean looking combo you will get money out of it and if you have the light green with brown interior(not talking about individual here) with factory 18's on it no one will want to buy it unless it dirt cheap. I mean there are 7 out there that some one has bought at some point that are that ugly looking green color and some weird looking interior.

gman750
07-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Just wondering. For some reason the light gray I terior in my 7 complements the whole car. Like the middle console is the same gray that's on the door trim and I really think it looks better than having a black or tan interior. Do all gray 7s have this combo? B c i csnt imagine a silver 7 in another color combo.Maybe I'm trippin but the interior on my 7 seems unique.

BobSC
07-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Gman.....do you have a picture?

SARAFIL
07-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Just wondering. For some reason the light gray I terior in my 7 complements the whole car. Like the middle console is the same gray that's on the door trim and I really think it looks better than having a black or tan interior. Do all gray 7s have this combo? B c i csnt imagine a silver 7 in another color combo.Maybe I'm trippin but the interior on my 7 seems unique.

I'd bet that you have the normal "Flannel Grey / Basalt Grey" interior. The seat material and dash/console/door panels are slightly different shades of grey.

hotrod2448
07-11-2010, 02:41 PM

I'd say it's most likely the normal gray interior. It's a lot of gray. I believe most if not all individual cars also say "individual" on the door sills.

ndabunka
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
The individual cars often have the piano black dash wood that you cannot order on the regular model. The individual will also have the individual 20-inch wheels and any host of other things. They are generally worth more as long as they are well cared for