PDA

View Full Version : Repeating iDrive and trunk problems

pigeon
07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
My car freaking hates me LOL. '06 750Li with comfort access and rear entertainment among other options. In the past year the idrive has been broken more than it has been working - the controller goes crazy, feedback is gone and it turns by itself. Dealer has put 2 new controllers into it and just recently put a different part in and it was still malfunctioning when I picked it up - why the tech couldn't see/feel that I have no idea. They're waiting for the new regional tech to come in to look at it.

Trunk release has been changed twice and not again it's not opening. It will open with the key and the release will have to be manually pushed through to reset it.

Other repeat offenders: driver's rear door handle CA has failed and been replaced 2x. Driver's door handle has mechanically failed twice, was just replaced and within 3 days it's failing again - there's lateral play front to back with the handle and it will catch some when pulled up fully.

Why can't my freaking dealer fix my car??!!! OK, sorry for the rant, just had to vent.

Seven11
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
man... be glad you have warranty...

BobSC
07-11-2010, 05:23 AM
That is some list of repairs! I would recommend contacting BMW themselves if this doesn't get resolved. It could be the service tech's at the dealership not knowing how to fix it properly, but no way you should have to continue to deal with it.

vichugo
07-11-2010, 08:17 AM
With stories like this, I'm glad I have a warranty! Good luck with your issues.

pigeon
07-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, my CPO runs out in about 12k miles. I'm thinking more and more that the car needs to be traded before then. The only thing is it runs and drives great, it's just the stupid gadgets that make a 7 a 7 that keep letting me down. You'd think a car that stickered for 98k new would be built better!

Mr_Burger
07-12-2010, 06:24 AM
It's not the gadgets causing you the problems, it's the pi$$ poor service you're getting from your dealer..

Either take it somewhere else or report them to BMW USA. They clearly have no idea how to service it correctly and are probably yet to find the underlying problem causing the numerous other failures...