PDA

View Full Version : My brother's "new" car...

The Roadstergal
11-27-2003, 04:30 PM
:clap:

1992 525i, glacier blue with grey interior; he's had it for a few months, but this is the first time I've seen it. Lovely, and the thing is in terrific shape - it just purrs...

And a cleaner undercarriage than a daily driver has any right to have. :p

One Q - is an E46 330 a possible steering wheel swap? The wheel on this one is pretty worn, and he'd lovel to have an Alcantara. :eeps:

flashinthepan
11-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Absolutely....saweeeeeet lookin' :D :thumbup:

SARAFIL
11-27-2003, 04:34 PM

1992 525i, glacier blue with grey interior; he's had it for a few months, but this is the first time I've seen it. Lovely, and the thing is in terrific shape - it just purrs...

One Q - is an E46 330 a possible steering wheel swap? The wheel on this one is pretty worn, and he'd lovel to have an Alcantara. :eeps:

The airbag systems have changed numerous times since '92. There's no way I can see him using the airbag from a new E46 in that car. Therefore, he'll have to go without an airbag if he did that swap, or find someone very creative to "make it work".

The Roadstergal
11-27-2003, 04:41 PM
The airbag systems have changed numerous times since '92. There's no way I can see him using the airbag from a new E46 in that car. Therefore, he'll have to go without an airbag if he did that swap, or find someone very creative to "make it work".
Danke for the info - he'll just get a better E34 wheel.

Plaz
11-27-2003, 04:47 PM

Gorgeous!

Love the wheels!

(not diggin the roof rack tho)

PhilH
11-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Looks like it has an aftermarket suspension on it. What kind is it?

BlackChrome
11-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Nice e34 with M5 wheels! :thumbup:

Sean
11-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Looks better than mine, but that's my fault. It has been washed or waxed in a year and a half. :yikes:

Chris330Ci
11-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Stick or auto..? :dunno:

e28Will
11-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Sweet e34, especially with the throwing stars (forged baby!!). -I heard that the fugly fan covers, the alternatives to the throwing stars, are good for up to 200 degrees of cooling for the brakes.... and they're magnesium blades too!

As for steering wheels, the best option (without airbags of course) would be the euro m5 wheel (i had one in my e28). imho, it's one of the best if not the best steering wheel BMW's had. It's covered in really nice nappa leather (something bmw should get back to), nice thickness without being obese, and looks darn good.

The Roadstergal
11-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Stick - he doesn't do auto. :) It does have an aftermarket suspension - H&R/Bilstein if I remember correctly? I'll have to ask. It does have very nice handling, not butt-hurting at all, but quite responsive. He is an avid biker, so the bike racks are a must...

Thanks for the M5 steering wheel info; I'll pass that on.

Emission
11-30-2003, 03:25 PM
As for steering wheels, the best option (without airbags of course) would be the euro m5 wheel (i had one in my e28). imho, it's one of the best if not the best steering wheel BMW's had. It's covered in really nice nappa leather (something bmw should get back to), nice thickness without being obese, and looks darn good.

Took the words from my mouth. E34 M5 wheel!

ff
11-30-2003, 05:45 PM
:thumbup: Wow! In beautiful shape too. :thumbup: