PDA

View Full Version : No lovin' for the X5

SupraRZ
11-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Man, 9 of the last 10 threads are on X3's. I'm turning the tide with this post :)

(not that i dislike the X3 or anything, i think it's an awesome addition to the lineup)

RCK
11-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Man, 9 of the last 10 threads are on X3's. I'm turning the tide with this post :)

(not that i dislike the X3 or anything, i think it's an awesome addition to the lineup)

Its a new car...it deserves all this attention. Give it some time, it will eventually fade away :bigpimp:

Dr. Phil
11-27-2003, 06:50 PM

I am going tomorrow to drive X5 with my father :D I will be pro X5 all day long :bigpimp:

batm4n
11-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Whats with the combined board for the X5 and X3, how comes we don't have a separate board for each. We don't have the 3 and the 5 series on the same board!

SARAFIL
11-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Whats with the combined board for the X5 and X3, how comes we don't have a separate board for each. We don't have the 3 and the 5 series on the same board!

Why? It makes no sense to further seperate all these boards in to model-specific boards if there are not even enough posters to fill up one board, let alone 2, 3, etc.

How many people here actually post about the X5? X3? I don't think it makes any sense to further divide up these boards until we see a large enough influx of posters to give reason to do so.

Same thing goes for the other boards-- there aren't enough posters on the Z forum to really require seperate Z3 roadster, Z3 coupe, Z4, Z8 boards like some other sites do. It's just silly.

batm4n
11-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Why? It makes no sense to further seperate all these boards in to model-specific boards if there are not even enough posters to fill up one board, let alone 2, 3, etc.

How many people here actually post about the X5? X3? I don't think it makes any sense to further divide up these boards until we see a large enough influx of posters to give reason to do so.

Same thing goes for the other boards-- there aren't enough posters on the Z forum to really require seperate Z3 roadster, Z3 coupe, Z4, Z8 boards like some other sites do. It's just silly.

Fundamentally these vehicles are based on two different platforms. What applies to the X3 doesn't necessarily apply to the X5 just because they both share the X badge.

If the forum was based on posts alone, they should collapse the E30 and E36 M3 forums. There are more posts in the X forum than those two forums combined in addition to having a forum for the E46 and a general M series board.

SARAFIL
11-28-2003, 08:42 AM
It's just silly.

Take a look at the M board, for example. I don't think any of those sub forums make sense-- some of them only have 2 or 3 posts in them.

This board is majority 3 series with a selection of posters owning other models. Only recently has there been a growing number of 5er posters. I still don't seen that many 5 series posters, or for that matter, Z series, 7 series, X5, etc. Why break these models in to seperate forums if doing so will segregate those few posters even more?

If there aren't many people here with a given model, and they are all forced to post in a specific subforum, that means few people will read it, and they will get few responses; whereas in a more general forum, many people will see it and hopefully, some of them will be able to offer assistance. Lets say someone has a question about xDrive in his new X5. Are there enough people here to answer? No. So, what will he do? He'll cross post on the other boards, including the X3 board, hoping someone will know the answer. The only thing having a seperate X5 board has accomplished for him in that case is to give him more trouble.

SARAFIL
11-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Fundamentally these vehicles are based on two different platforms. What applies to the X3 doesn't necessarily apply to the X5 just because they both share the X badge.

If the forum was based on posts alone, they should collapse the E30 and E36 M3 forums. There are more posts in the X forum than those two forums combined in addition to having a forum for the E46 and a general M series board.

I also think that the sub forums on the M board are foolish, for what it's worth.

To put it in simple terms, what good is it to have a model specific board if there are only a handful of posters reading it? I don't think we have enough posters here to justify seperate X3 and X5 boards. That's that. Luckily for you, I'm not the one that makes that decision.

Remember that back when it was an enthusiast-run site, bimmer.org had very general boards (Z3, 3 series, etc.), and it only started to add the specific model subforums after the traffic increased enough to justify it. Now, they're just money-hungry and putting up boards for any car model out there that can bring in increase revenue (Escalade? :rofl: )

SupraRZ
11-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Alright! This means we have to increase the post count for the X5's :)

SARAFIL
11-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Alright! This means we have to increase the post count for the X5's :)

:thumbup:

Bring in enough X5ers, and they'll have no choice but to grant you your own board.

SupraRZ
11-28-2003, 07:13 PM
:thumbup:

Bring in enough X5ers, and they'll have no choice but to grant you your own board.

My car doesn't have enough defects yet to warrant a discussion :rofl:

I'm keeping tabs with my gf who purchased her M3 at the same time as I did my X5. She's winning :rolleyes:

Maybe we can talk about the need for a stiffer sidewall, cuz my 19" sidewalls are rolling over from my cornering :D