PDA

View Full Version : 750 hood release problem

4realguy
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
The reason I tittled this one "750 Hood" problems is because I think that the 745 video and pictures don't really help. Can anyone help with manually opening the hood of a 750. I am trying to post a pic of the way mine look under the drivers wheelwell. In the pic you can see the windshield washer resevoir which is in a different place on the 745.

Do I have to remove these items or is there another way?

4realguy
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
The problem is when I try to use the release in the car nothing happens. The hood does not pop!

TechFreak
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Keif is your saviour for this one ....check out his pics & vids on how to sort it : :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403879

Keif
07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
The wiper fluid reservoir looks like it's in the same place as the 745, you just need to find a way to move it a little, or move some other stuff to get past it. If you need a lot of room (good for your first time doing this), taking the reservoir out will get you a good view of what you need to see and feel. Also, don't put the reservoir back in until you've opened and shut the hood several times -- I learned this the hard way, learn from me.

4realguy
07-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Trust me, I have looked over Kiefs post many times (about 20). It looks different on the 750 than the 745.

Keif
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
More pictures? Which parts in particular are different? (I haven't pulled this apart on a 750 yet, so I don't know) You have an airbox over the wiper fluid reservoir, right? I forgot about that part. I'll see if I can find a 750 tonight to look at.

gman750
07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
lots of 750 issues lately

uamafioz
07-14-2010, 01:48 AM
i had same problem with mine, i took off the locks, then placed them back and the wire came off, so i had to take the handle there inside take that apart and pull the wire as far as it goes and it snapped open, (thank god) lol good luck!

armin171
07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
i had the same problem, i had to take out resvor for the windsheild fluid, its really easy stuff

4realguy
07-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Right now I am under an extended warranty, so I made an appointment. According to the paperwork, they cover hood latches, cables, springs. So I am hoping it is the cable or latch. Could it be anything else that may not be covered?

kelvin2014
07-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Trust me, I have looked over Kiefs post many times (about 20). It looks different on the 750 than the 745.

Hi, may I know how did you solve the problem, because im in the same situation as you, and of cour I read many times the other guy DIY for the 745 but as you said doent help, so how did you sove the problem thank you

4realguy
07-22-2014, 12:40 PM
I took it to an Independent repair shop for BMW's and other foreign cars. He ended up using some really long pliers (probably 16 to 24 inches) and going from under the car near the front by the wheel well (inside) and yanking the cable. At some point it was able to pop the hood at the front bonnets.

He siad that it wasnt an easy task (I left the car there). Then I drove the car home with the hood popped and replaced the cables.

For what was broken on mine, it was the plastic sleeve that slides back and forth inside the connector. That is why pulling from the inside would not work. It is worth a try to take apart at the hood latch inside the car per Kiefers posting and manually pulling on the cable just in case the problem is the sheathing of the cable. If the connector is in tact it will force the hood to pop from yanking the cable with pliers from inside the car.