PDA

View Full Version : Back from dealer

irokdastar383
07-13-2010, 09:34 AM
whats going on everyone. i just got my car back from the dealer they fixed the seat mat issue and now i am happy. after i got it back my cd player dont work and my amp craped out! i spoke to the dealership and they are saying well we only fixed the seat matt . can this be an issue of something they did . maybe from the programing?

mj745
07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
It's possible for it to have occured on its own and its also possible they screwed it up (and if they did, they'll never admit to it). I had a similar issue with my Lexus after picking it up from the dealer. They gave me an oil change only to find out they gave me a dent in the driver door as well. They denied all the way but I got really loud and made a huge stink about it...to which they fixed it. G'luck. It can be super frustrating.

gulfviewmassive
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Techs were probably messing with yur music while fixing ur car, I've seen that especially when they work at later hours

irokdastar383
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
here is the thing. i left it on wed and they told me it will be ready by thurssday. then on thursday they told me that they ordered the wrong part and it will be ready on fri. then fri again they told me they ordered the wrong one. i didnt end up getting it till monday. i never seen anyone who orders the same part 3 times. i mean there computers are upgraded . its not like there is a monkey in the back with pen and paper making these orders. i think they mest up my car and they delayed me to fix it. i will get loud with them i am not pay 2000 for a new stereo system

mj745
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I think you nailed it on the head. They fukced your system up and tried to buy time to fix it, and still failed (unless it was much worse and they fixed it to the point you see it now). Logically looking at it, if you've never had an issue with it before, and it was working perfectly well when you brough it in, and all of a sudden it was damaged upon picking it up.... they messed it up. The more you delay the less chance you have of them fixing it. Return it, park it there, demand to see the GENERAL MANAGER, and raise a big stink about why their monkeys were toying with your car and why they're not owning up to their responsibility. Just be sure their customers can hear you "loud and clear". Convince them you're not going to let this go. Big companies try to get away with things as far as they can, and usually the under dog walks away (sadly).

Keif
07-13-2010, 01:46 PM
You might be able to pull the mileage at which the faults happened and compare to the mileage from when your car went into the shop. At least that way you'd have a little ammunition.

irokdastar383
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
mj745 that what i am going to do. i am going to drop it by them tommorow and see what they say. i spoke to bmw over the phone and they told me take it there and if i have an issue to call them while i am at the dealer. so i hope i can get this worked out.

Seven11
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
i wouldnt have left the dealer if i foind out that my stereo doesnt work

i would have made a big stink right then and there

irokdastar383
07-15-2010, 09:43 AM
thats the thing it didnt start till i had left already and they were closed. well today i took it back. on the way there the cd player was working fine. still no bass from the right speakers. so i am like damn now there going to say weel its working now. a few blocks away it starts cutting out and it stopped working . i showed it to the service and rep and she said well i dont think it was anything to do with our programing. i looked at her and said you held my car from wed to monday i am sure something happened to it. it doesnt take that long to put in a seat sensor. right away she was like well take a look at it. i was like i dont know what u need to do but the car was fine before i gave it to you. she starts telling me that i have no warranty. i told her yes ure right but i leave your shop and my car stops working and doesnt turn on for 30 min after you keept for almost a week i start to wounder. so i am waiting to hear back from her today.if they try to bs me i am just going to go all out and see what happens. this is bs

irokdastar383
07-15-2010, 11:19 AM
ok so i just got the dumbest call every from a delaer/ mechanic. they tested it out and found it was nothing they did. so i asked them do you know what caused the problem and they stated that no we have to charge u too look at the components and see why they failed??? are they kidding me .how the hell did they get to the conclution that its nothing they did if they didnt test out any of the components? and then she goes well u need a new cd player amp and speakers. and ontop of the my car shut off on me for 40 min but its nothing they did . what bs is that. anyone know what i can do at this point?

mj745
07-25-2010, 09:47 AM
what happened with your situation?

rowel619
07-25-2010, 11:18 AM
what happened with your situation?

+1

dalekressin
07-25-2010, 11:32 AM
My bet is that they will take care of you!

irokdastar383
07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
actully no. they are the dumbest people i ever dealt with. they fixed the issue with my cd player and reprogramed the car its not cutting out anymore. but they would not fix my amp. here is what i got
1. we checked our work and we didnt mess anything up
2. it will be 165 to check out what went wrong
3. this is has over 40 computer and to be honest with you . this car has alot of problems ( this is a service manager telling me this)
4. its 1250 plus install for the amp.
bascily they wont do anything. so i asked the most obvious question. if this car got so many problems and your telling me its got all these things that can go wrong . why dont you checked what caused the problem in the first place. the service manager answered " we have to charge you to check out what caused it" . i flliped i was like how the f do you know you didnt do anything wrong if your not even checking the problem? and they kept on saying that they will have to charge to take a look and i still have to pay for it. so now i got there paper work and went to small claims i am not paying 3500 because of there mistake . do you guys have any better idea of what i can do?

Country
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Lawsuit?!

irokdastar383
07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
seriously all this money for these cars and you get the sh** end of the stick