PDA

View Full Version : Help! Pioneer XM Tuner/325i

Vince Cataldo
11-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Can someone please help me use a Pioneer GEX-P910XM Satellite Tuner in my 2003 BMW 325i? I've been told it can be done while using my existing BMW Business CD. Do I need a Blitzsafe in order to connect the existing BMW wiring in the trunk to the IP-BUS port on the tuner, and, if so, which one? Please help.

Pinecone
11-29-2003, 05:39 AM
SEARCH.

You need the one for the Pioneer, it has PIO in the model ID. If you want to also use a CD changer, you need the Dual or V2.

And it doesn't work with the stock BMW CD. But it does work with the Alpine changer that is the same one, but different bus than teh BMW one. So it uses the same brackets.

E46CollegePunk
12-01-2003, 08:58 AM
how are you guys using the Pioneer/Alpine XM tuners without the controller units? what are you using to control the stations and such?

Nick325xiT 5spd
12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
You want the Blitzsafe XM Direct unit.

I've got it, and it's fantastic. Full OEM integration through the Sirius facility.

E46CollegePunk
12-01-2003, 09:18 AM
You want the Blitzsafe XM Direct unit.

I've got it, and it's fantastic. Full OEM integration through the Sirius facility.

yes i know.. i have the pioneer unit in my car.. im in the process of tracking down an 2003 MY radio

Pinecone
12-02-2003, 05:17 PM
how are you guys using the Pioneer/Alpine XM tuners without the controller units? what are you using to control the stations and such?

You still have to use the associated controller. It is just that it plays digitally through the OEM head unit, instead of using an RF modulator.