PDA

View Full Version : 04 745li - Maintenance warranty

mbmsys
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi All, I am new on this side. I have 745li 2004 with low mileage when my car went out of company warranty so I bought extended maintenance warranty and i paid $2800. Every time I go to BMW they dont do anything except Bull S.. I have a break issue I have told by BMW that we can not change the break since it has some life left as well you have only extended maintenance warranty, they said you have 3mm break life left if it is less then 3mm we will change it, My extended warranty going to expire end of september. Also they are not doing maintenance service since my car has not many millage it been a year when I got the service and oil change. Guys I need your help to know what should they really do and how do I make them fix my break who's making whistle sound when i hit the break. Please what really extended warranty is!

Thanks

mbmsys
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
So no one here to answer !?

irokdastar383
07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
one thing u need to learn when dealing with the dealer. flip flip flip. go off on them thats when they do it. tell them i paid for the maintance and you have to do it. talk to the manager and get loud . trust me u will get ure way

mbmsys
07-17-2010, 02:27 PM
one thing u need to learn when dealing with the dealer. flip flip flip. go off on them thats when they do it. tell them i paid for the maintance and you have to do it. talk to the manager and get loud . trust me u will get ure way

Thanks for your reply. I will do as you mentioned! I am sick and tired with dealer.

thanks

diznik007
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
don';t sweat it. if your currently at 3mm, and the dealer is instructed to change it anytime under 3mm, you'll certainly get there by the end of september. might as well drive it another 1000+ miles and get fresh pads and rotors just as your warranty expires.:dunno:

mbmsys
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Thank you guys for your help. How much does really break cost if they dont do their job? any advice if I wanted to buy extended warranty or so where should I buy? because BMW dealer is very expensive?

thanks

ndabunka
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
You just need to "burn the brakes out quickly....Drive fast... slam on the brakes....drive fast... slam brakes...drive fast...

Oil changes are "recommended" based on mileage but some (correctly) argue successfully that oil needs to be changed "regularly" even if the mileage has not yet been reached. do a search on the internet for others making these kinds of claims, print it and show it to the Dealer. They DO get paid by BMW for warranty work so I am a bit confused as to why they wouldn't do some of these things and generate revenue for themselves. Are the over run right now and simply want to do the work in the fall when business slacks off?

Seven11
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
You just need to "burn the brakes out quickly....Drive fast... slam on the brakes....drive fast... slam brakes...drive fast...

or just let me drive it for a week :D

1bad540
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
The maint warr is bs, I found that if you buy the car from a dealer and bring it back to that dealer they will treat the car like gold, If you bought it from 1 and service it at another...not so much. I had almost new brakes changed when mine squeeled.:dunno:

diznik007
07-20-2010, 08:49 PM
The maint warr is bs, I found that if you buy the car from a dealer and bring it back to that dealer they will treat the car like gold, If you bought it from 1 and service it at another...not so much. I had almost new brakes changed when mine squeeled.:dunno:

it is for the OP..............he paid $2800.:eek:. 4 or so years ago when i purchased the maintenance warranty, it was only $1200. well worth it. i had both front and rear brakes/rotors changed a few times. not sure why, i didn't put much mileage on the car. dealer just said they needed to be changed. i didn't argue.