PDA

View Full Version : First time e65'er questions?

bimmerdriver4
07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
First I didnt know if this is the right area for this post but.....Im looking into buying a 2002 - 2004 745li, My first question is,
What years were Adapitvie Headlights offered?
Whats a sure way of knowing if it has adaptive headlights?
Are all 745li's offered with Dynamic Drive?
How rare is it to find a 745li with ACC?
If the car has a cold weather package does it have a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, or are those just seprate options?
Is there anyway I can type in the vin and get a list of options the car had from the factory?
:dunno:

Slick44
07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
ok,,, so im not sure about the aaptative head lights, but i know that at the very least 2004-2008 do have them.. you woudl easily be able to tell by looking into the headlight.. it will say adaptative xenon headlamp.
also if yo start the car at night you will see that the headlight beams boom and adjust.

dynamic drive.. im not sure what that is...
acc also not sure what that is
cold weather package means heated steering and rear heated seats.. they are not separate options.

the vin number can pull up every option the car has..

good luck

intsu
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Few answers, dont know if they help as I live in old land :)

What years were Adapitvie Headlights offered?

I believe it was right from the start, at least you can find adaptive headlight spare parts for cars from 2002 (2001 in eu).

Whats a sure way of knowing if it has adaptive headlights?

If you look at headlights you should be able to spot "BMW Dynamic Xenon" text on the xenon shoulder. At least mine have that text and all the models that i have seen.

Also in headlights with adaptive lighting you should see plastic lens over hi-beam.
Looking like this:

This one is w/o adaptive lighting:

Of course you can take the car on a test drive and see if they work :)

Are all 745li's offered with Dynamic Drive?

Offered yes, Not sure about Li`s if they had it as a standard feature. at least here in EU it was an option.

Is there anyway I can type in the vin and get a list of options the car had from the factory?
:dunno:
You can go to any dealer with the VIN and they will print out list of the factory installed options. Actually they probably want to have the key fob as a proof of ownership, but they just read the vin from the fob and lookup is the same.

bondheli
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM
cold weather package means heated steering and rear heated seats.. they are not separate options.

I have a heated rear seat without a heated steering wheel.

intsu
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
dynamic drive.. im not sure what that is...
acc also not sure what that is

Dynamic drive is a suspension component that basically eliminates body roll. It uses active stabilizers that control suspension hardness electronically.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/explore/bmw_magazine/02_2006/dynamic_drive.html

ACC is a adaptive cruise control. If you have one, you will a have plastic thumb wheel on the cruise control switch. Also you can spot a microwave radar on right side of the front bumper. Around 1,25" black plastic dome. Its not very common to find one here.

TechFreak
07-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I have a heated rear seat without a heated steering wheel.

me too ....:confused:

Seven11
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
me too ....:confused:

me three

Mr_Burger
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Me four :)

& as for ACC, you'd see the radar, which you can clearly see on my car (although it's probably on the other side for US models..)

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/buzzlightburger/IMG_0128.jpg

momo_oo[][]oo
07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Me four :)

& as for ACC, you'd see the radar, which you can clearly see on my car (although it's probably on the other side for US models..)

I always thought that this was the night vision camera

7_up
07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
me 5 :o)

intsu
07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
ACC radar is in the right side in us models too. if you have night vision that is on the left side. Its harder to spot as it doesn't have a dome.

btw. me six ;)

uamafioz
07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
id just go to your local dealer and test drive one, im sure they would tell you all it has and you can see it for your self.

rowel619
07-15-2010, 02:26 AM
me 6

bimmerdriver4
07-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. One more thing what was the first year they started doing dynamic adaptive headlights on the e65?

1bad540
07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
heated rear seats is a sep option, My 745 had heated fr seats but not rear or wheel, my 750 has heated front and back seats and wheel and ski pass through, so i believe its the cold weather package(on the 750i), I now have adaptive xenons on the 750 but the 745 didnt have them, like others have stated they may have Been offered in all of the yrs but you can easily spot the diff. lastly stay away from the 02-03's, if your budget allows you better off getting the facelifted 750.