PDA

View Full Version : Water pump?

MakaveliFaison
07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
ok so i park my car in the garage, no biggie, then when i come out 2 hrs later coolant everywhere. so i get more and put in to monitor, turn on the car....nothing leaking. turn it off and look under it, nothings leaking. come back 1.5 hrs later...coolant everywhere lol. so does this sound like water pump or what to you? if so, no biggie, will just grab another one. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

rustar
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
could be weep hole also
weep hole is behind the water pump, its a small drilled hole. hard to see, unless you take out pulleys. or maybe with the mirror

MakaveliFaison
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
i can see it by just removing the engine.covers. nothing coming out of there right now. but i wouldnt count it out yet myself. i think im just gonna buy all german auto kit and a water pump to be safe .:-/

Seven11
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
i can see it by just removing the engine.covers. nothing coming out of there right now. but i wouldnt count it out yet myself. i think im just gonna buy all german auto kit and a water pump to be safe .:-/

why not just buy the part u just need? :dunno:

if u havent changed a waterpump on that car yet then its probably is the waterpump.

MakaveliFaison
07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
yea, im just gonna get it checked out. isnt there a weep hole on the water pump also? should i remove belt to check water pump pulley. and would inpa tell me if water pump is done? because i do have the setup.

MakaveliFaison
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
well i took apart everything today and couldnt find any signs of water pump leaking but did see residue by the weep hole so obviously something has came out of there before, but also saw residue on coolant expansion tank. so it looks like aga tube is about to get ordered and a new coolant tank. i still havent seen an actual flow of coolant from anywhere tho. unless its coming from my alternator install?