PDA

View Full Version : Hiss/static/crackling noises in all speakers

pervenets
07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Please HELP. 2003 BMW E66 LOUD Hiss/Static/Crackling noises in both front door and rear panel speakers! Noise comes and goes, varies from really loud crackling to loud hiss and then silent. Noise migrates from one speaker to another or can be present in all. No matter if CD/Radio is on or off, if engine is running or not-the noise is there all the time and it sounds very much like the sound in between the radio stations when you tune the radio. Does not seem to interfere with neither radio nor cd (music just plays through the noise and seems otherwise sounding clean and clear with all frequencies present). Logic 7 seems to also work properly with balance/equalizer/fade controls all functioning properly but through the noise. The whole thing started from light hiss in the rear panel speakers and the next day migrated to the rest of them. Noise starts immediately when I open any of the doors or trunk and stops approx 2min after key is out everything is closed and all lights are off. Tried disconnecting the battery and and connecting pos and neg terminals with the jumper, removed and checked all the fuses, performed reset for the MOST-nothing worked. Any advise is appreciated.

irokdastar383
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM
am,p

pervenets
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
???

DFEL750I
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Ummm....logic 7 AMP....Search the Forum

pervenets
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Already went through the forum...Logic 7 only affects rear speakers and subs isn't it? If it's logic 7, then what's up with the front door speakers? When digital amp goes isn't it permanent??? In my case noise can completely disappear for like 5 minutes while driving and listening to cd or radio, why do you think that is? Thanks

pervenets
07-16-2010, 01:28 PM
By the way, I visually checked the logic 7, looks brand new. No signs of water damage, no burnt components, cleaned all contacts just in-case and placed it back.

DFEL750I
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
By the way, I visually checked the logic 7, looks brand new. No signs of water damage, no burnt components, cleaned all contacts just in-case and placed it back.

Didnt read the entire post was just responding to the amp question. If its coming from all speakers then most likely is your ASK (CD player) that as gone bad. The fact that it goes away once in a while would indicate that most likely its not a physical wiring problem but the unit itself

irokdastar383
07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
question is the cd player not working? is the radio and cd changer working?

pervenets
07-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Just realized, it is only midrange and tweeter speakers located in the front doors and in the back panel that produce the noise. All the rest play clean sound including center speaker all the subs and speakers located in rear doors! Is it the ASK unit? How can I check to make sure??? Thanks

pervenets
07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
All systems are working just fine, except for the noise !!! CD, CD Changer, Radio, Navigation, Voice command......ALL works but that Loud NOISE is killing me!!!

USALEXUSBMW750
07-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Did you see if cooling fan working inside?

pervenets
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Nope, I did not notice if it was working or not, I did not really look for it.

Seven11
07-16-2010, 04:58 PM
your SOS might be interfering with your sound system

same thing happened to me and the dealer turned off the SOS sytem and all was good (knock on wood)

pervenets
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Just noticed when MOST loop is disconnected whatever was playing goes off (Radio or CD), CD Changer starts flipping through disks but Hiss is still present!

pervenets
07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
That SOS thing sounds interesting, did they just reset the SOS module or did they shut it down completely? What this SOS module is responsible for, do you know?

Seven11
07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
its the button u press if u are "in trouble"

flyboy50dabo55
07-16-2010, 09:11 PM
How do they reset it?

pervenets
07-16-2010, 09:28 PM
looks like SOS is not a separate module as I could not find it with trouble code scanner, there is like 45 separate modules to diagnose and reset trouble codes, but no SOS. Does anyone know where to look for it either through the scanner or physically? Thanks

RON7165994
07-20-2010, 03:41 PM
DO YOU HAVE TO PROGRAM THE ASK WHEN IT IS REPLACED?????????:dunno:

Seven11
07-20-2010, 05:49 PM
DO YOU HAVE TO PROGRAM THE ASK WHEN IT IS REPLACED?????????:dunno:

some people got away without programming and others needed programming

same thing with a logic7 amp

sooky
07-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm having the same problem crackling noise in speakers ,lil bit of bass that goes in and out.not full bass.I just assumed its the amp for sure but was advised do not replace the logic 7 amp with a after market amp.
1)WILL THE dealership replace a amp if the car is under extended warranty with easy care?or is that considered wear and tear
2)I'm in the nyc tristate area anyone knows of a good shop to repair this issue and not the stealership?I tried looking for someone that does electric repair work to maybe repair the amp than replace it.
any help works.I really don't trust these low budget stero shops in bronx and queens.they don't cover anything if something wrong and I don't trust them picking around in my car like its a damn honda accord

diznik007
07-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm having the same problem crackling noise in speakers ,lil bit of bass that goes in and out.not full bass.I just assumed its the amp for sure but was advised do not replace the logic 7 amp with a after market amp.
1)WILL THE dealership replace a amp if the car is under extended warranty with easy care?or is that considered wear and tear

you need to check the fine print in your policy with easy care to see if your amp is even covered. with aftermarket warrantys, you generally have to pay a few hundred extra for a electronics/audio/speakers/nav coverage. the dealership will replace an amp whether your covered or not. as long as they get paid.

sooky
07-21-2010, 12:01 AM
i figured i pay the deductible and the after market company pics up rest of the bill

diznik007
07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
i figured i pay the deductible and the after market company pics up rest of the bill

let us know what happens. just looked at the special elctronics coverage that was offered with my policy (mercury) and it makes no mention of amplifier. it only covers GPS/Navigation System; Night Vision system; and Video components including TV/VCR/DVD/Video Game Player. you may be covered.

sooky
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
i read that a few people had there old logic 7 amp repaired at a electronic shop.anyone know of a shop in nyc or somewhere to mail it out to be fixed?

how much would the dealership charge to just find out the exact problem not fix it??