PDA

View Full Version : dere it is!!!

carter750li
07-18-2010, 03:59 PM
BMW 750LI 2008, white alpine with beige interior, shadowline black trim around windows, 3 spoke steering wheel. Has the $5000 accessory 20" BBS 3 Piece Forged wheels, comfort access, premium seat, premium sound package, sport package, rear entertainment, sunshades, Ipod integration, Iphone 3GS cradle, no tint (thinking bout it)... M Tec angel eyes version 2.1, LED license plate ( just order dem, cumin soon)...

suggestions r welcome...:p

Seven11
07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
car looks real clean

carter750li
07-18-2010, 04:04 PM
thx mate....u already no!!

BmW745On19's
07-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Not an M edition, its a sport (shadowline black trim around windows, 3 spoke steering wheel). Nice 750 it is though. Has the $5000 accessory 20" BBS 3 Piece Forged wheels (very very nice and light).

Keep it clean. No tints. Fish bowl it. :thumbup::thumbup:

Take that front tag off too and bracket, replace with straight strip from dealer.

Seven11
07-18-2010, 05:41 PM
those wheels are awesome

here is what i would do to that car:

1. Drop it with KW v3s
2. Spacers to flush those wheels out
3. and THAT'S IT!

ronw
07-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Price, miles? Love the wheels!

dorcentar7
07-18-2010, 07:48 PM

What was the list price? With CPO? Where did you buy it?

carter750li
07-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Not an M edition, its a sport (shadowline black trim around windows, 3 spoke steering wheel). Nice 750 it is though. Has the $5000 accessory 20" BBS 3 Piece Forged wheels (very very nice and light).

Keep it clean. No tints. Fish bowl it. :thumbup::thumbup:

Take that front tag off too and bracket, replace with straight strip from dealer.

thnks m8te .. i was thinking bout doing the tag i wasnt sure cuz i never seen them on a white 750 tho... and y not tint it? just wondering

csmeance
07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Looks nice! Do you have the BMW ipod integration? If yes, does it work with your rear entertainment system? I say go for tint! 20% on the back, 35% on the front!

1bad540
07-18-2010, 08:01 PM
i like your style...:thumbup:

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:02 PM
those wheels are awesome

1. Drop it with KW v3s
3. and THAT'S IT!

yea im thinking on doing that however buy them is 1 thing but have them install is another thing.. cuz i no the dealership will ask me for way too much.

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:08 PM

i got for $44k it has 29k miles on it.. i love them too they look hard :)

please dnt tell me datz a bad deal...it is CPO

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:11 PM
What was the list price? With CPO? Where did you buy it?

i bought at braman motor ... the tag price was 49k .. but i got for 44 .. good or bad deal? :dunno: honest opinion welcome

1bad540
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Good deal for the low miles options and color.:thumbup:

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Looks nice! Do you have the BMW ipod integration? If yes, does it work with your rear entertainment system? I say go for tint! 20% on the back, 35% on the front!

yes i do have it .. it works but not with video, musics only which kinda sucks:cry:

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
i like your style...:thumbup:

thnks .... :thumbup:

diznik007
07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone .. Im new to this forum ..i was just wondering ...can you guys give me any suggestions about the angel eyes .. I wanna upgrade my lights but i don't know what to get and where .. Nd how would i know they will feet in my car ... I have a 750li 07' also the license plate lights i want led.....
!!!!

Hey guys i need a lil bit of help here .. I have an 07 750li ..i dnt have no v12 engine but i would like to put the side emblem/mark that says v12 ..for some rason i cant find it .. Someone direct me please thnk you.. And also any mods list ..im new i just got my 7 and i wanna do some cool stuff

car looks nice:thumbup: but you've mentioned twice already that its an 07 model and now its an 08. a bit confused.:confused:

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:31 PM
yea my mistakes....it is a 2008

BmW745On19's
07-18-2010, 08:36 PM
thnks m8te .. i was thinking bout doing the tag i wasnt sure cuz i never seen them on a white 750 tho... and y not tint it? just wondering

I just don't like dark tint, especially on white cars.

diznik007
07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
i just don't like dark tint, especially on white cars.

+1.

carter750li
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
ok no problem!!! i guess no tint it is.... keep them ideas nd thoughts coming ...

OnlySkills
07-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Welcome, that's a nice car u got a great deal

dorcentar7
07-18-2010, 09:01 PM
i bought at braman motor ... the tag price was 49k .. but i got for 44 .. good or bad deal? :dunno: honest opinion welcome

The deal is just fine. I would put tint...

csmeance
07-18-2010, 09:13 PM
yes i do have it .. it works but not with video, musics only which kinda sucks:cry:

does it lag at all? I might bet it installed if it doesn't...

ronw
07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Very good deal on a loaded out car. I paid 46k 6 months ago for mine with 5k on it.

ronw
07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Also I put madico ceramic 40 and it looks very classy. On a bright day it's just a subtle tint. No worries about getting pulled over.

Wilassasin
07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Very nice bro congrats.....very clean!

carter750li
07-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Very good deal on a loaded out car. I paid 46k 6 months ago for mine with 5k on it.
thnks.. is urs fully loaded?

carter750li
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Very nice bro congrats.....very clean!

tnks bro ..u riding clean too man:thumbup:

Chitown-Irish
07-19-2010, 05:25 AM
An Li with the sport package, very hard to find and very nice looking. Good luck with it. I especially love the wheels but wait they are just like mine, you have good taste.

carter750li
07-19-2010, 07:40 AM
An Li with the sport package, very hard to find and very nice looking. Good luck with it. I especially love the wheels but wait they are just like mine, you have good taste.

thnks bro... the are really hard to find it takes me almost 2 moths to find it.

carter750li
07-19-2010, 08:17 AM
does it lag at all? I might bet it installed if it doesn't...

no it doesnt nd it actually help with the logic 7 .. i have the premium sound package as well

csmeance
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
no it doesnt nd it actually help with the logic 7 .. i have the premium sound package as well

time to call up my dealer and see what they can do!

GOUGHIE
07-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Better pics of wheels needed please! :thumbup:

samadkins29
07-19-2010, 09:31 AM
ok no problem!!! i guess no tint it is.... keep them ideas nd thoughts coming ...

You dont have to follow the "trend", personally I love black tint on white cars. You could get a 20% black, or like me a 20% reflective which looks black(ish) in the sun and like a mirror when its cloudy. I would also leave the front bmw plate. But thats just me. in the end its your car and you should do what you feel YOU would like on it.

carter750li
07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
You dont have to follow the "trend", personally I love black tint on white cars. You could get a 20% black, or like me a 20% reflective which looks black(ish) in the sun and like a mirror when its cloudy. I would also leave the front bmw plate. But thats just me. in the end its your car and you should do what you feel YOU would like on it.

sure thnks!!!:thumbup:

jaytwo3
07-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Very nice car, seems like a good deal if a 08. I say go for the tint but I like tint, if you do get tint go for the ceramic.
Post some more pics maybe in better light

patshah
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Lookin' sharp... Im not a fan of the wheels... 128's still look better to me! :thumbup:

ndabunka
07-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I think that some on here are saying NOT to get the DEEP black (15% or 20%) that some might call "Limo tint" on a white car but that the LEGAL 35% tint would still look good (and keep the car cooler in the summer). I agree with another on here who mentioned the ceramic tint (or whatever they now call it) might also be a good option but you should still "keep it legal" (35 or 40% MAX light blockage). The metallic tints do look good on white cars (IMHO).

The price sounds about right for a CPO'd '08 with the fairly low miles but $44K would be a bit pricey if it was an '07. You did good, enjoy it!

carter750li
07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I think that some on here are saying NOT to get the DEEP black (15% or 20%) that some might call "Limo tint" on a white car but that the LEGAL 35% tint would still look good (and keep the car cooler in the summer). I agree with another on here who mentioned the ceramic tint (or whatever they now call it) might also be a good option but you should still "keep it legal" (35 or 40% MAX light blockage). The metallic tints do look good on white cars (IMHO).

The price sounds about right for a CPO'd '08 with the fairly low miles but $44K would be a bit pricey if it was an '07. You did good, enjoy it!

yea i'm reconsidering the tint .. i probably ganna do 35% ceramic ... i really think the price is good so thanks ..:)

Boing745
07-19-2010, 08:24 PM
good looking car, like the color

Seven11
07-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Lookin' sharp... Im not a fan of the wheels... 128's still look better to me! :thumbup:

128s are heave as FACK they do look good thou.

but what he has are forged multi-piece wheels.

carter750li
07-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Better pics of wheels needed please! :thumbup:

there u go m8te ...

carter750li
07-20-2010, 05:56 AM
good looking car, like the color

tnnks m8te:thumbup:

samadkins29
07-20-2010, 09:45 AM
yea i'm reconsidering the tint .. i probably ganna do 35% ceramic ... i really think the price is good so thanks ..:)

I would still go with a 20% tint, ceramic if you can afford it, although its benefits are minimal over metallic. 20% will be fairly dark on cloudy days(almost pure black), but sunny days you will still be able to see through it(abit). Most cars that have the factory tint installed they use 20% or 35% depending on what the person requests. 5% is limo tint and you will get pulled over all the time.

The reason I would go with 20% or 35% as 35% is way to light(IMO), you can see through it all the time. You will also get better heat reduction and more privacy. I think uv protection is 99% percent no mater what tint % you put on. Also when you have it done, get a 50% tint for the front windshield.

Lastly, make sure you know what brand they are putting on, **** tint is **** tint, no matter if its ceramic or metallic. Some of the bigger names to look for would be Madico, Llumar, and Johnson. Remember as well that you dont have to get a black tint. Here is a pic of 20% reflective (on a cloudy day) mind you on a sunny day, its see through and looks like 35%.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs026.ash2/34667_410887129439_743059439_4511709_1617398_n.jpg

carter750li
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I would still go with a 20% tint, ceramic if you can afford it, although its benefits are minimal over metallic. 20% will be fairly dark on cloudy days(almost pure black), but sunny days you will still be able to see through it(abit). Most cars that have the factory tint installed they use 20% or 35% depending on what the person requests. 5% is limo tint and you will get pulled over all the time.

The reason I would go with 20% or 35% as 35% is way to light(IMO), you can see through it all the time. You will also get better heat reduction and more privacy. I think uv protection is 99% percent no mater what tint % you put on. Also when you have it done, get a 50% tint for the front windshield.

Lastly, make sure you know what brand they are putting on, **** tint is **** tint, no matter if its ceramic or metallic. Some of the bigger names to look for would be Madico, Llumar, and Johnson. Remember as well that you dont have to get a black tint. Here is a pic of 20% reflective (on a cloudy day) mind you on a sunny day, its see through and looks like 35%.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs026.ash2/34667_410887129439_743059439_4511709_1617398_n.jpg

great post buddy .. thnks for breaking it down for me specially the name .. also is it safe to tint the windshield i thought it has some kinda uv protection? .. hmm bit :confused: here

samadkins29
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
great post buddy .. thnks for breaking it down for me specially the name .. also is it safe to tint the windshield i thought it has some kinda uv protection? .. hmm bit :confused: here

Yes, it is safe to tint the front windshield. Just not too dark, as cops tend to pull u-turns when they cant see you through the front windshield. As far as I know the "infra-red" windshield package is tinted glass, something like 80%(dont quote me on this). In my case, I wish I had done a 35%, but it cost me $125 for the front so I dont plan to redo it. The benefits of front window tint is reduced headlight glare, protects your dash, and reduces (some) heat. My entire tint job cost $400. If you have anymore question I would be glad to answer them.

diznik007
07-20-2010, 12:02 PM
The benefits of front window tint is reduced headlight glare, protects your dash, and reduces (some) heat. .

the negatives would be all the pedestrians you kill cause your vision is virtually gone at night:rofl:

samadkins29
07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
the negatives would be all the pedestrians you kill cause your vision is virtually gone at night:rofl:

Hope that wasn't serious, lol

But in all honesty
50% is hardly anything, most of the time you will only notice it slightly when its sunny, or when you have lots of on-coming traffic(the headlights wont be as blinding)

On a side note, my eyes are rather light sensitive, so sometime I just put on my sun glasses at night...... only on the freeway ofcource.

diznik007
07-20-2010, 12:24 PM
50% windshield tint paired with 20% side windows will drastically reduce vision at night. Wearing sunglasses in addition to that!!!!! Death trap........ Your eyes aren't sensitive... you must have night vision built into your retinas

ndabunka
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I would still go with a 20% tint, ceramic if you can afford it...5% is limo tint and you will get pulled over all the time....Most cars that have the factory tint installed they use 20% or 35% depending on what the person requests.

Anything darker than 30% (light transmission/penetration) is illegal in almost ALL states (except Florida and Texas) and therefore no car manufacturer would PRODUCE a vehicle with FACTORY tint beyond 30% as doing so would eliminate distribution in most states. Mercedes and other DO have UV protection built into windshields but that protection is often afforded not by a darker glass but rather via other methods of UV disbursement (like the use of clear UV barrier plastics in the windshield production). Now, ANY dealer can have someone tint the glass any darkness after the sale but they often/usually have the new owner sign a piece of paper acknowledging that the tint is being applied darker than is legal.

The reason I would go with 20% or 35% as 35% is way to light(IMO), you can see through it all the time.

The 35% is lighter but can do a VERY good job at keeping prying eyes out. On dark interior cars, there is little need to go more than 35%

Also when you have it done, get a 50% tint for the front windshield

No tint company (that I am aware of) will actually tint the WINDSHIELD itself. 99.9% of the time when "tinting the front" is discussed on these forums, it is the front DRIVER and RIDER side windows ONLY, never the windshield itself. I am about 99.8% certain that it is in fact, illegal to tint the front windshield itself in 49 states (Indiana allows 30% see attached link below).

Just be aware that if you DO go as dark as what samadkins is recommending, that you will be running the risk of getting a ticket and have to "fix" it (remove it) before going to court. I had 20% tint on a prior car for about 1 day (until I realized that in order to back out at night, I would have needed to have rolled down my windows to see clearly out the mirror. Not doing that in the rain so I paid them another 50% of the original job to strip off the 20% and put 35% on.

Found a reference (don't know how solid it is as it was simply one on the internet) but it does show that the majority of states do not allow front tint lower than the top 4 or 5 inches...http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

samadkins29
07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Anything darker than 30% (light transmission/penetration) is illegal in almost ALL states (except Florida and Texas) and therefore no car manufacturer would PRODUCE a vehicle with FACTORY tint beyond 30% as doing so would eliminate distribution in most states. Mercedes and other DO have UV protection built into windshields but that protection is often afforded not by a darker glass but rather via other methods of UV disbursement (like the use of clear UV barrier plastics in the windshield production). Now, ANY dealer can have someone tint the glass any darkness after the sale but they often/usually have the new owner sign a piece of paper acknowledging that the tint is being applied darker than is legal.

The 35% is lighter but can do a VERY good job at keeping prying eyes out. On dark interior cars, there is little need to go more than 35%

No tint company (that I am aware of) will actually tint the WINDSHIELD itself. 99.9% of the time when "tinting the front" is discussed on these forums, it is the front DRIVER and RIDER side windows ONLY, never the windshield itself. I am about 99.8% certain that it is in fact, illegal to tint the front windshield itself in 49 states (Indiana allows 30% see attached link below).

Just be aware that if you DO go as dark as what samadkins is recommending, that you will be running the risk of getting a ticket and have to "fix" it (remove it) before going to court. I had 20% tint on a prior car for about 1 day (until I realized that in order to back out at night, I would have needed to have rolled down my windows to see clearly out the mirror. Not doing that in the rain so I paid them another 50% of the original job to strip off the 20% and put 35% on.

Found a reference (don't know how solid it is as it was simply one on the internet) but it does show that the majority of states do not allow front tint lower than the top 4 or 5 inches...http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

35% is the legal limit on all rear windows (WA), and any % of tint on any front windows is illegal including the front. As for factory tint, most of the time this is a additional feature that you must request and they will tell you (like any tint shop) that you are putting something on that is illegal. I guess I should clarify, not the factory, but dealership, sorry about that.

35% is see-through, no matter how dark the car interior is(lighting conditions vary)

Many shops do offer tinting of the front windshield at the clients request. All you have to do is ask. 50% is extremely light, and I have no issues with visibility. Also, to whoever said putting tint on the side effects your front visibility????? I havent found this to be true on any car ive had tinted.

Yes you do run the risk of a ticket, but pretty much anything you do to you car you can get a ticket for. Such as the front plate delete. Atleast here in WA we are required to have front plates. Either way Im not here to argue politics, in the end, go to the shop, have them hold different % up to your windows, and decide what YOU like best.......

jaytwo3
07-20-2010, 01:14 PM
ndabunka
in the State of New Mexico 20% is legal as well, although I have not checked into tinting the entire front window you can have a tint strip on top. I found the the dealer wanted to charge me over $200 more for the same job, 20% ceramic.

diznik007
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Many shops do offer tinting of the front windshield at the clients request. All you have to do is ask. 50% is extremely light, and I have no issues with visibility. Also, to whoever said putting tint on the side effects your front visibility????? I havent found this to be true on any car ive had tinted.

Either way Im not here to argue politics, in the end, go to the shop, have them hold different % up to your windows, and decide what YOU like best.......

i said having side window tint in conjunction with front windshield tint will make visibility even worse. it only makes sense that the darker it is in your cabin, the harder it will be to see. sunny day = see great, pitch dark night = tough to see :dunno:
anyway, i agree with you that the OP just needs to go to a shop and hold up the slides to the window to see what he's comftorable with.

samadkins29
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
i said having side window tint in conjunction with front windshield tint will make visibility even worse. it only makes sense that the darker it is in your cabin, the harder it will be to see. sunny day = see great, pitch dark night = tough to see :dunno:
anyway, i agree with you that the OP just needs to go to a shop and hold up the slides to the window to see what he's comftorable with.
Ah ok, I see what your saying. Ive never had any problems seeing out of 20% at night, unless maybe if I am in the middle of nowhere, but I dont go outside the city much. It could be different for others who drive around in the dark. As for the 50%, its so light that even if you got pulled over, most cops wouldn't even notice it. It doesn't really darken much, but it takes the edge of some lights. Which my eyes are grateful for.

quarterto8
07-20-2010, 05:34 PM
those wheels are awesome

1. Drop it with KW v3s
3. and THAT'S IT!

only 2 things i would add is tints on the windows and smoked tailights leaving the white as is. very clean car!

carter750li
07-20-2010, 06:54 PM
only 2 things i would add is tints on the windows and smoked tailights leaving the white as is. very clean car!

i feel you on that :thumbup:

sunny_j
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
car looks great but not a fan of 20s on a 7. if your going to tint it i would go with nothing darker then 50%

carter750li
07-20-2010, 08:01 PM
car looks great but not a fan of 20s on a 7. If your going to tint it i would go with nothing darker then 50%

thnks... You dnt think 20's look nice or mine doesnt? Just cucrious:d

diznik007
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM

must be talking about your 20's only..............cause the stock 20's on my ride are sick :rofl::rofl::rofl: truth be told, i'm not crazy about your 20's either. i love the mesh web design but don't like that they have lips. looks like alot of people like them and for those that do, you can pick up a set for $900
http://wheelsandcaps.com/catalog.asp?Make=BMW&Model=7_SERIES&year=2007

csmeance
07-20-2010, 09:08 PM
the lip makes those 20's look smaller, so they don't look as good as they should vs. 20's without the lip. IMO it looks fine!

sunny_j
07-20-2010, 10:46 PM

i ment 20s with a lip on a 7. reason being, the lip makes the rim look smaller then it actually is. the only way to make them look decent (but expensive) is with installing coilovers which kills the wheel gap.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/djsunny1/misc%20forum%20postings/p1310629.jpg

like diz said i like the design of the rim but the lip ruinsthem imo:)

diznik007
07-20-2010, 11:06 PM
wheels are probably the most important upgrade that compliments a car and if you like em', thats all that matters. you got one nice loaded vehicle :thumbup: we can get pretty picky around here.:D btw, they are the style 101 cross spoke wheels and are a 2 piece wheel (not 3pc like it says in your sig)

carter750li
07-21-2010, 11:03 AM
i ment 20s with a lip on a 7. Reason being, the lip makes the rim look smaller then it actually is. The only way to make them look decent (but expensive) is with installing coilovers which kills the wheel gap.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/djsunny1/misc%20forum%20postings/p1310629.jpg

like diz said i like the design of the rim but the lip ruinsthem imo:)

well thnks for yall honest opinion but i like them tho.. I think they really nice nd make the 7 look really hard nd stand apart:)

E92-Lighting
07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
i agree with the MTEC v2.1's

http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/products/mtec%20angel%20eye%20e6x_e53_e39_e87.jpg

carter750li
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
i agree with the MTEC v2.1's

http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/products/mtec%20angel%20eye%20e6x_e53_e39_e87.jpg

Yep...i just received my angel eyes (M Tec 2.1) n my LED license plate lights:)

javablack
07-22-2010, 02:40 PM
very nice love the color

carter750li
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
very nice love the color

thxx...