PDA

View Full Version : Looking for used coilovers

Steakzilla
07-19-2010, 07:18 PM
As the title says i'm looking for a set of used coilovers. If anyone has a set please let me know! My specific car is the 2002 BMW 745I (E65).

-Lee
transue.lee@gmail.com

Steakzilla
07-20-2010, 05:07 AM
I guess it was a long shot anyways. Is the KW Variant 3 coilovers the only ones available for this car?

ndabunka
07-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I think that overnight (9pm to 7am) is not a realistic duration to expect a response within. Have you tried looking in the classified section of this forum?

ALLBLACK7
07-20-2010, 10:19 AM
look for H&R lowering springs, they provide a good ride and stance, also i would recommend to buy new just for pieace of mind.

Steakzilla
07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I know i know. I lack the patience of a normal person. lol.

Anyways I do want coilovers for sure because I want to be able to adjust it from time to time. Mostly I want to drop it as far as I can. With the springs i don't think i could get it as low as i want. I'm also not woried about them being new or used. If I had the money to buy new I would have. =)

-Lee

Steakzilla
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh and sorry, guess i walked right by the classifieds. I'm new here.

sunny_j
07-20-2010, 08:06 PM
finding used 7series coilovers is going to be very hard.

ndabunka
07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
You can get new Coil overs for around $900 (Megan) and you can (normally) scrape the ground with those (People use them to VIP their cars). You are not likely to find a lot (any) used coil overs as most sell them still on the car's they get rid of rather than parting out their car and putting it back to OEM. In addition, most 7-series owners probably pay a premium for their coil overs so they probably paid over $2K for their setups so they are likely to want at LEAST $1K for a used set.

sanhonda22
07-21-2010, 01:08 PM
You can get new Coil overs for around $900 (Megan) and you can (normally) scrape the ground with those (People use them to VIP their cars). You are not likely to find a lot (any) used coil overs as most sell them still on the car's they get rid of rather than parting out their car and putting it back to OEM. In addition, most 7-series owners probably pay a premium for their coil overs so they probably paid over $2K for their setups so they are likely to want at LEAST $1K for a used set.

Megan does not have coilovers for our applications.:cry:

If they did, that would rock.:D

Slick44
07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
whats the point of coil covers

Slick44
07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
never mind, i misread it... coilovers not coilcovers lol

ndabunka
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Megan does not have coilovers for our applications.:cry:

If they did, that would rock.:D

I had a guy quote me a price on them...$895 (Same as the price for the TL I use to have). I haven't (yet) ordered them but it appears they do now have them...unless he made a mistake. I did make the request explicitly for a 2006 E66 and he gave me that price but now that you've pointed this out, I can't find anything to substantiate this so he probably misquoted a 5-series application. I will let you know what I am able to verify

sanhonda22
07-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I had a guy quote me a price on them...$895 (Same as the price for the TL I use to have). I haven't (yet) ordered them but it appears they do now have them...unless he made a mistake. I did make the request explicitly for a 2006 E66 and he gave me that price but now that you've pointed this out, I can't find anything to substantiate this so he probably misquoted a 5-series application. I will let you know what I am able to verify

Yeah. Let me know if you can confirm that the Megan's are available for our cars. I was looking on the Megan website, and could not find it.

Seven11
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
the only coilovers that are availbale for our cars are KW v3 and KW StreetComfort

i would go for the v3's as they offer more adjustability and have remote reservoirs

Dj Tantra
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
the only coilovers that are availbale for our cars are KW v3 and KW StreetComfort

i would go for the v3's as they offer more adjustability and have remote reservoirs

The SCs dont have the resevoirs? with a price tag that high, i thought both would come equipped :thumbdwn:

Keif
07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
The v3's don't have any visible remote reservoirs either...only in the KW pictures online.