PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 won't sync

wilk187
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
:thumbdwn:Anyone else having problems syncing the new iphone to thier 7's BT? The sync times out before i can enter my BT passcode. 06' 750, btw. TIA

Kiddkynetik
07-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Mine syncs fine. It worked just like all my other iphones before. What I usually do is take the BTUM out to reset everything if it is not working correctly and remount it and resync. I did notice something different on the iphone 4 (not sure if it is an iOS4 BT stack or just the hardware in the new iphone) but when it rings, it used to just have a annoying old school ringer. Now on my iphone 4, it actually plays the ring tone through the speakers.

Anyone noticed this??

Thanks,

Chitown-Irish
07-20-2010, 05:31 AM
I was able to sync mine on the first try and I can't confirm the ringtone (haven't paid attention).

gman750
07-20-2010, 06:42 AM
mine synced

Joe-BMW
07-20-2010, 07:10 AM
I am running OS4 on a 3GS and it syncs fine, but I have noticed it loses the bluetooth connection every now and then and the only way to get it to pair is to shut down the car for a while and take the phone out of the car for a while. I have not noticed the ring tone but I will keep an ear out next time I get a call.

Still have not pulled the trigger on the iphone 4. Went to buy one in person and of course the only one's they have are already reserved. Was going to get one online, but too much of a hassle. I want to use my son's 3G iphone upgrade for my phone and then give my son my 3GS to replace his 3G. Too much of a hassle to do online.

Judd944
07-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I have BT in my Porsche and the ringtone plays through the speaker. I have not tried it on the 7 yet.

wilk187
07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
problem solved. powered my iPhone down a couple times. good to go.

Seven11
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
glad everything worked out

mine synced just fine

TXSTYLE
07-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Did you try duct tape? :eeps:

sooky
07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
the iphone 4 is having plenty of signal problems (cell signal and bluetooth) any bluetooth device will have issues.apple recommends to delete the bt device from ur iphone 4.and go to settings and click resest "network settings". power down phone and power back up.add device again and should clear up the issue.
I did but the problem comes back days later. the bluetooth signal and phone signal are interfering with each other.its not your car its the damn iphone 4.

Seven11
07-20-2010, 10:47 PM
the iphone 4 is having plenty of signal problems (cell signal and bluetooth) any bluetooth device will have issues.apple recommends to delete the bt device from ur iphone 4.and go to settings and click resest "network settings". power down phone and power back up.add device again and should clear up the issue.
I did but the problem comes back days later. the bluetooth signal and phone signal are interfering with each other.its not your car its the damn iphone 4.

mine has no issues whatsoever but i did get it a week or so ago

maybe you should exchange your phone

sooky
07-20-2010, 11:02 PM
i don't even think apple even have replacement phones in stock.i got mines the first day it was released the bad batch i guess

Seven11
07-21-2010, 02:50 AM
i don't even think apple even have replacement phones in stock.i got mines the first day it was released the bad batch i guess

the fisrt model of anything is usually full of problems

and you got the first batch of the new model, so double whammy

http://www.32red.com/images/double_whammy_1.jpg

wilk187
07-21-2010, 09:57 AM
lol at the 2x whammy

swaynesworld
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I had way too many issues for two weeks with my iPhone 4 so I returned it. It had more to do with the superiority of the 3GS though than anything else! You can touch a 7 I mean perfection! All else pales in comparison

corian25
07-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Ive had no luck what so ever syncing my iphone 4 to my car..i looked for the code in the trunk supposedly
on the navigation box but what number am i lookin for?? A year and a half and ive never been able to use it..
What am i doin wrong

wilk187
07-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Ive had no luck what so ever syncing my iphone 4 to my car..i looked for the code in the trunk supposedly
on the navigation box but what number am i lookin for?? A year and a half and ive never been able to use it..
What am i doin wrong

There should be a little card that came with your manuals that has the code on it. If you can't locate it, take your car to the dealer and they can pull the code for you (free if you have a decent relationship).

combatmedic4u
08-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I have a 3GS iphone and sync, downloaded numbers and all etc,.... the issue is that I cant hear it in my car, all works except that.
Anyone have the same issues or ideas to fix it.

Thanks
AL