PDA

View Full Version : Quote: Your Car is Sooooo Cute

AlisaKay
12-02-2003, 12:23 PM
I swear, I hear this at least once a week from other women and I cringe every time! In my opinion, a 330Ci with manual tranny & SP is not a CUTE car -- one look at those low profile tires and the stick shift should tell anyone that this is a sports car. My car is electric red, so perhaps that adds to the "cuteness" factor. Whatever. It's annoying just the same.

End of rant. Thanks for listening. ;)

PABS
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Although I agree it's not cute (Mini's are cute) it is by no means a sports car either. It is a GT cruiser in my opinion.

bluer1
12-02-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm paraphrasing, but Adrian van Hooydonk said something along the lines of:
'It's better to elicit a negative emotion than no emotion at all.'
:confused:

AB
12-02-2003, 12:37 PM
I have heard the "cute" comment twice with my car.

Bobby 325i
12-02-2003, 12:44 PM
I heard the "cute" word one time from another person. It kinda pissed me off but the 3 series is in no way shape or form a sports car.

Brashland
12-02-2003, 01:06 PM
...a 330Ci with manual tranny & SP is not a CUTE car -- one look at those low profile tires and the stick shift should tell anyone that this is a sports car. My car is electric red...

1. Gotta love any woman who can make this sort of statement.

2. To the others: maybe in the strictist form of 'sports car', no it is not. But to get down to it, I consider ANY BMW a sports luxury vehicle. When I tracked my 323i convertible I was amazed at how well it handled as were a few others who drove it.

3. 'A PT cruiser', dem's fighting words! :confused: Don't be so condescending. If you really think that PABS, why didn't you buy a PT instead of your 330ci?

PropellerHead
12-02-2003, 01:13 PM
I swear, I hear this at least once a week from other women and I cringe every time! In my opinion, a 330Ci with manual tranny & SP is not a CUTE car -- one look at those low profile tires and the stick shift should tell anyone that this is a sports car. My car is electric red, so perhaps that adds to the "cuteness" factor. Whatever. It's annoying just the same.

End of rant. Thanks for listening. ;)My wife gets "cute" from her female friends and 'nice car' from the males. Hers is also a sedan, and steel blue, not red.

I don't think anyone has called the 5 'cute.' I get a lot of 'nice car,' or 'nice wheels,' or 'cool.' Which is not to say that it is or isn't more or less sporty than the 3- It's just my experience.

Perhaps women are more prone to offer a 'cute' than a 'cool.' But I think it means the same thing.

Plaz
12-02-2003, 01:35 PM
1. Gotta love any woman who can make this sort of statement.

2. To the others: maybe in the strictist form of 'sports car', no it is not. But to get down to it, I consider ANY BMW a sports luxury vehicle. When I tracked my 323i convertible I was amazed at how well it handled as were a few others who drove it.

3. 'A PT cruiser', dem's fighting words! :confused: Don't be so condescending. If you really think that PABS, why didn't you buy a PT instead of your 330ci?

GT, not PT.

philippek
12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
I've gotten the "cute" comment once on my car, but it was coming from a gay man, so I took it as high praise.

PABS
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Brashland

"GT" as in Grand Tourer...A common connotation for modern cars that are very good cruisers but not all out sports cars...

If I wanted to drive a sports car every day I'd take out my Lotus Seven (nee Chaterham)

Brashland
12-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Brashland

"GT" as in Grand Tourer...A common connotation for modern cars that are very good cruisers but not all out sports cars...

If I wanted to drive a sports car every day I'd take out my Lotus Seven (nee Chaterham)

Ah, my apologies. I thought you mistyped. Whenever I see 'GT' I think of the historical GT circuit which (as every production stock car with 'GT' in their name) has nothing to do with GT type performance.

Lotus 7? PICS PICS PICS!!!

Melissa
12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
My wife gets "cute" from her female friends and 'nice car' from the males. Hers is also a sedan, and steel blue, not red.

Perhaps women are more prone to offer a 'cute' than a 'cool.' But I think it means the same thing.

I get that, too. But my Bernhard is Red, too!!

Agree.

HW
12-02-2003, 05:23 PM
the term gt came from the old days where when a young man reaches a certain age (early 20's) would set off to learn the ways of the world, sow his wild oats whatever. he would pack his buggy/horse whatever and travel the land on his grand tour. when cars came about, they weren't reliable enough to do the task of a grand tour. it was until later that cars becames more reliable and had a roof/top that these young men started using cars for their grand tours. not sure how the cars became performance cars. i guess the guys also wanted to get to their destinations fast. :dunno: or perhaps they were doing mostly highways. :dunno:

oh, i do think cute sport coupe/sedan does apply to the 3er since it is a relatively small car proportionally (by north american standards).

AlisaKay
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Okay, okay... so it's technically not a sports car. My point is that I feel that my car is more about performance than being "cute"... it's a fabulous blend of comfort and performance and I love it.

I'm glad to know that others don't like the "cute" description either. I feel validated.... :D

ayn
12-02-2003, 05:59 PM
I've got that only once or twice with my orient blue with SSR Comp anthracite rims... i thought it was pretty funny...

--Andrew

MMME30W
12-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Agree, any lady who drives a Red bimmer gets my vote :thumbup: but no, definitely not "cute".

Agree with PABS (anyone who drives a Caterham also gets my vote :thumbup: ) Mini's are cute. You should see the looks/comments I get (always, seemingly, from 40-ish women) driving Magnus around -- My wife says if we ever divorce I'll need the Mini as a pick up tool...

cheers...rich

The RedShift
12-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Hmmm. My car is exactly the same (on the outside anyway) as yours and I haven't had it called cute before. Maybe because I'm a 45 yr old guy.
:D

2003 330Ci. Electric Red w sand interior,5 speed, PP, SP, NAV and Xenons. Red....The ONLY color. :thumbup:

The Roadstergal
12-03-2003, 04:03 AM
What do you expect, driving such a cute car?

;)

fatmanz3
12-03-2003, 06:11 AM
When the wife drives the Z3 she gets the 'cute car' comment alot. She also gets 'Barbie car'. Actually 'Barbie doll in a barbie car' three separate times.

:tsk:

PABS
12-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Hey Wingspan..I also have a 67 Mini Cooper :thumbup:

JetBlack330i
12-03-2003, 07:19 AM
I don't get it... what's wrong with being cute?

Melissa
12-03-2003, 07:56 AM
I don't get it... what's wrong with being cute?

Doesn't bother me. :)

Elwood
12-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Doesn't bother me. :)

Doesn't bother us either :AF330i:

I have gotten...
Nice
Beautifull Man Beautifull
Niiiice
Woow
Is THAT your car? :wow:
Mr Money Man :rolleyes:
Nice
That's my favorite BMW and Color :bigpimp:

But no "cute"

hockeynut
12-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Doesn't bother us either :AF330i:

I have gotten...
Nice
Beautifull Man Beautifull
Niiiice
Woow
Is THAT your car? :wow:
Mr Money Man :rolleyes:
Nice
That's my favorite BMW and Color :bigpimp:

But no "cute"

Add to that list:

- what bank did you rob?
- you must be overpaid
- please tell my husband to buy me one of these
- gimme the keys, fool
- hey mister, is that a limosine
- license and registration, please :)

No "cute" except for my kids.

bmw325
12-03-2003, 11:53 AM
My girlfriend thinks my 325i is "cute" too. She thinksthe e60 looks "mean" and "ugly", for comparison. She thinks the facelifted e46 is not as "cute", btw.

In general, I think women (more often than men) use the term "cute" to mean something they like-- not necessarily to mean "cuddly" or all of the usual connotations of cute in a literal sesne of the word.

HW
12-03-2003, 12:17 PM
In general, I think women (more often than men) use the term "cute" to mean something they like-- not necessarily to mean "cuddly" or all of the usual connotations of cute in a literal sesne of the word.

similarly don't some women even call big'o burly dudes "cute" :dunno:

LeucX3
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
I've gotten the "cute" comment once on my car, but it was coming from a gay man, so I took it as high praise.

Haha...maybe that was his pick up line. :rofl:

FireFly
12-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Only time I get a cute comment is out of my friends who drive E65's and M5's. They think the 3 series is such a cute line up. I fire back at the E65 owners by saying " that time of the month again for your bimmer- looks to be retaining a bit of water"

Have not figured out any jabs for the M5 owners. It's a tough car to knock down.

Salvator
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM

End of rant. Thanks for listening. ;)

You need to talk to my wife... She thinks her 525iT wagon, 5-speed, sport, premium and cold weather packages, in titanium silver with black interior is "too sporty"... I think it looks "bad" (as in "good") and want to throw some tint on it to complete the "Silver Bullet" look, but she won't let me touch it... She'd probably love to hear that it is "cute"...

MMME30W
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey Wingspan..I also have a 67 Mini Cooper :thumbup:

PABS - You da man :thumbup:

Unfortunately, Magnus is off the road at the moment. I just had the fuel pump rebuilt and haven't had time to reinstall it.

Mag is a Right Hand drive UK import, PPL157E, standard S engine (although a later BL Gold Seal unit). We bought him in '93 when I was working in the UK.

Most days he can be found reclining in the garage here in Central Fl, but occasionally can be seen stirring about to annoy SUV drivers and scare the daylights out of people in the left hand lane of I-4 (Great fun to blast by at XXX MPH in a Mini - usually get the "what the f....?" look :) He also has this habit of honking his horn at females of the opposite persuasion...the rascal.

See you around the 'fest PABS...rich

rte6six
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
My secretary refers to my car as a "panty dropper."

Route 66

JetBlack330i
12-03-2003, 08:38 PM
I wish I had a cute secretary.

rte6six
12-03-2003, 09:45 PM
My secretary is married and is in her late forties or early fifties. Though, I have to admit that she has some of funnies comments from time to time.

BlackChrome
12-04-2003, 12:02 AM

Route 66
Well, you have a M3 and it is a "panty drooper"! :rofl:

Elwood
12-04-2003, 06:26 AM
I wish I had a cute secretary.

I had a cute secretary...

then she moved to Brazil.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Melissa
12-04-2003, 07:46 AM

Route 66

:lmao: My boss would be absolutely horrified if I said something like that!! That is really funny!!

PABS
12-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Wingspan

Mine is in pieces....a long term restoration project :) mine is a LHD with the full 1275 S motor...the project has gone on so long that I think I'll try and finish it fro when my son can drive (that's another 6 years)

On another note...it sure would be nice if I could just drive my 33o up to some girl and have "drop her panties" ;)