PDA

View Full Version : 2006 750Li My passenger side subwoofer is blown, help

Wiu-Bimmer
07-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Seems like I'm facing the dreaded curse of the Logic 7. A couple of days ago my passenger side subwoofer started making some weird cracking/garbled noises. I've done my work and searched in the forum, so according to other threads it is either the amplifier or the subwoofer. I will take the car to the dealership in the next few days, the car is out of warranty but I know, from service records, that they have replaced the speakers while the car was under warranty. The warranty expired back on January this year :(
Hopefully they tell me that since this is a recurring issue, they will fix it on goodwill, otherwise I will need to start thinking about my options here. I do have a question, do the earthquake 8" subwoofer (SWS-8) fit under the seat? Anybody that has installed these, please chime in. Also, what impedance are the OEM Subs? 8-Ohms??

diznik007
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
iirc, any part the dealer replaces comes with an automatic 2yr warranty so you should check when the speakers were replaced the first time around. not sure that warranty applies to speakers though.

Wiu-Bimmer
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
The speaker(s) were replaced back in Oct. last year, not sure which ones were replaced though. Just made the appointment, hopefully they pick it up as goodwill, I really cannot afford a 2K+ speaker/amp replacement right now.

Dj Tantra
07-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Seems like I'm facing the dreaded curse of the Logic 7. A couple of days ago my passenger side subwoofer started making some weird cracking/garbled noises. I've done my work and searched in the forum, so according to other threads it is either the amplifier or the subwoofer. I will take the car to the dealership in the next few days, the car is out of warranty but I know, from service records, that they have replaced the speakers while the car was under warranty. The warranty expired back on January this year :(
Hopefully they tell me that since this is a recurring issue, they will fix it on goodwill, otherwise I will need to start thinking about my options here. I do have a question, do the earthquake 8" subwoofer (SWS-8) fit under the seat? Anybody that has installed these, please chime in. Also, what impedance are the OEM Subs? 8-Ohms??

I believe it's 2ohms you would want to get the xi (as opposed to just the x) if you're using the factory amp...don't quote me though.

Wiu-Bimmer
08-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I finally had the time to take my car to the dealer today to have the sound system checked. They set me up with a sweet Z4 loaner, nice.
Unfortunately my SA just called and told me I have a bad Amp and the cost to replace would be 1.8K Ooouuuchhh, no way I'm fixing it.

ndabunka
08-06-2010, 04:45 PM

It depends. Were you the owner when it was replaced? If not, I doubt they would replace anything for the subsequent owner. However, have faith. Another guy on here was going to start a business repairing the AMPs for between $200 and $300. However, I don't know if he is still going to follow through with that business as he found one out of a junk yard for $225 just today (I think). Short point is, don't pay the stealer $1,800 for a repair you can get for about 1/4th that pricetag... you just have to have patience