PDA

View Full Version : 745Li Door panel removal

mohare7
07-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Need to remove my rear door panels to re-glue the trim. My sunshades won't retract because the door panel material is coming un-glued, and the shades are getting hung up on it. Does anyone know the procedure to remove them?

BMW won't fix it under warranty, they say trim is not covered. Apparently, BMW considers the door panels falling apart on a 5 year old car "normal wear and tear".

7_up
07-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Use a hook needle (long) pull the trim up & fold over. Then get some Goop or Industrial glue put on the fabric fold back over and put something to hold the fabric against the door so the fabric stick to the inside of the door. I would do it with the shade down so no glue gets on the shade, plus when it securing to athe panel its more sturdy surface without press on the shade itsself.

Keif
07-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Steps and pictures/video --> here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425591).

mohare7
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow, great info, I'll try it this weekend.

Keif
07-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I used some kind of super strong double-sided trim molding tape to hold stuff in place, and piled some stuff on top of it overnight to help everything set. It's held since, even in the Texas heat and humidity. Good luck!