PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about the new 7 yet

gman750
07-22-2010, 08:33 AM
What's up fellas....was at the dealership yesterday looking at the new 7 and I just don't know..I used to want one but now I think I'm back in love with the silver surfer. It's something about the way ours looks..i think ours has more cues to previous 7 modles than the new ones...but when I see the new 750 it looks like a morphed 750....i'm not feeling the exhaust pipes at all.....it doesn't really have any cues from the old school beamers that I like. DON'T GET ME WRONG..the new 7 is a beast and a very nice automobile.but it doesn't justify trading in a 750 for it...a 745...not even that either honestly..but this is all my opinion....I like to see the previous vehicle in the newer vehicle or at least some cues..and i don't see that in the newer 7...did I overlook something? anybody planning on keeping their 7 for the longhaul;? and this post has nothing to do with money at all..it's about enthusiasm of the 7 series BMW.

dorcentar7
07-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I know about the new 7...

It's much more aggressive, which is what I like. If I could afford it, I would buy it today.

gman750
07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I hear ya...do you own a 7 right now?

dorcentar7
07-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Not right now. Looking for a 750 2008 for few months now. Sold my e38 few weeks ago. e65 is not exactly what I like, but will do for the next 3-4 years, then I'll buy the F01.

1bad540
07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I have mixed feelings on it, I feel the car is wayyyy bigger than our e65's and this is about as big as i like to drive, Im not a huge fan of the no front bumper, living in Ny thats not cool. Butt when the e65 was intrpduced i hated it and now Im on my 2nd...sooooo I do like the body but it does need to grow on me a bit more, with that being said when the warr is up on my 750 in 2yrs.. iwill prob get one.

a_ban
07-22-2010, 09:55 AM
i though i was the only one who didn't like the new 7 series!

i mean i'm sure it's a great car and all and even if i'd like it i can't afford it at the moment but in my opinion it just doesn't look like how a 7 series should look like... if that makes any sense?!

hotrod2448
07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm not crazy about the exterior of the F01. I love the interior, engine and new technology (camera system and updated Idrive especially) but, something about the exterior is a bit off putting to me. I really and truly hate that weird little trim piece that goes from the fender to the door. It looks like a complete after thought. The rest just looks kind of soft and boring to me.

iR3K
07-22-2010, 11:47 AM
my fav 7 is the 98-01 740... i have an 06... i like it alike but i wish it had the headlights of the 02-05 models.
hopefully my 06 will last forever, but in the event that it doesnt i wouldnt have any problem upgrading to this new model i like the agressive look that it have (and i kinda prefer the shifter to be in the floor)

tight_white745
07-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I like it and see myself owning one but the only thing that kills me is that when its coming down the road you don't know if its the new 7 or 5 series and on our model it doesn't matter what angle your looking you can tell the difference..which is one reason why I never purchased a S class Benz due to the E and even the C class looking like it from the front you have to look at it from the side or back to tell...just my thoughts

pass427
07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
When i first saw the new 7, I did not like it either and the same thing was said about the
E65. However the E65 has grown on me and I now think its one of the hottest car on the road and I think the new 7 will grow on me also. I was thinking just last night and given a choice I would take an 08 Alpina B7 over a new 750.

Dj Tantra
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
my fav 7 is the 98-01 740... i have an 06... i like it alike but i wish it had the headlights of the 02-05 models.
hopefully my 06 will last forever, but in the event that it doesnt i wouldnt have any problem upgrading to this new model i like the agressive look that it have (and i kinda prefer the shifter to be in the floor)

Yeah, the shifter is a HUGE plus for me.
My next car would either be the Merc S or the Lex LS ... just so I can get a feel for all the flagships after thorough ownership and then go with the best. After owning Japanease cars though I think overall they are the better buys (:eeps: Don't flame me- just my personal opinion) so far.... (better buy= best bang for buck and reliability)

Expo BMW
07-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I like everything except the front end. That look will never grow on me. The facelift should be better.
http://burnyourfuel.com/My_Files/BMW/7-Series/Hamann/hamann-f01-bmw-7-series-front.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/3882260767_4913d240d0.jpg

BobSC
07-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I have mixed feelings on it, I feel the car is wayyyy bigger than our e65's and this is about as big as i like to drive, Im not a huge fan of the no front bumper, living in Ny thats not cool. Butt when the e65 was intrpduced i hated it and now Im on my 2nd...sooooo I do like the body but it does need to grow on me a bit more, with that being said when the warr is up on my 750 in 2yrs.. iwill prob get one.

Interesting....I thought the exact opposite. I think the new 7 looks smaller. More like a 5 series from a distance.

I think it could grow on me, however it isn't calling my name just yet.

7_up
07-23-2010, 12:42 AM
i really dont like the center console and the big gear shift. I dont think i can get used to the front end either because alll BMW'S had the grill come up with the hood. I think they kind of made the taillights look like some other cars but its still a great car.

sunny_j
07-23-2010, 01:37 AM
I hate the fact the 5 & 7 almost look alike now. If looking at the interior I don't think you can tell them apart. I think BMW has made 5 series customers happy and pissed off the 7 series customers by making the cars almost look thr same.

Joe-BMW
07-23-2010, 06:19 AM
I am getting one very soon. I'll surprise you guys one day. They got the technology right this time and added a bunch of cool stuff to it. The twin turbo does not hurt either.

1bad540
07-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Joe you have one in the works?? :) sell me your ipod adapter...:rofl:, I sat in one and all i saw was hood for 2 miles.:yikes:

Joe-BMW
07-23-2010, 07:40 AM
If I can make that happen I definitely will. Looking to trade for ease of transaction. If I can make that happen, I'll pull it and give it to you if you tell me how to take it out! If I go private sale, I would use the ipod integration as a selling point.

Slick44
07-23-2010, 10:04 AM
the new 750 looks and feels smaller as opposed to the e65.. driving is alot tighter even thought the e65 has always been amazing. both have somewhat different personalities. i love both... i like the shifter on the e65 better. ,, interior on the e65 seems alot more real... im in a rush now but if ur interested i can post a complete comparison with pics later.

amg142
07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
new 7 series is legit. id trade for one all day

gman750
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
slick44 is ballin!

BobSC
07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
the new 750 looks and feels smaller as opposed to the e65.. driving is alot tighter even thought the e65 has always been amazing. both have somewhat different personalities. i love both... i like the shifter on the e65 better. ,, interior on the e65 seems alot more real... im in a rush now but if ur interested i can post a complete comparison with pics later.

I definitely would like to hear more of your comparison!

Thanks Slick...

BobSC
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
OK....so today I'm on my way back from Lowe's and while I'm at a stop light....there is a black 750Li in front of me....then a new 7 series (750i) pulls up and is beside me on the left. As the light changed, I got a great side by side comparison of the two cars. The new 7 appears to be significantly smaller in stature and definitely looks more like a beefy 5 series. Also, take a hard look at the back end. It kind of resembles a lexus or a camry from the back.

Just my opinion here, and I haven't been inside of one yet. The back end of the new 7 makes the bangle butt look awsome.

Wilassasin
07-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Well let me add my .02, The new 7 is a sweet car but not all models if ur talking about the M-Sport edition then you are talking about a sweet ride! IMO the regular 7 just looks blah blah blah, but the M-Sport looks Me, mee , mee :)