PDA

View Full Version : Does CPO cover rattles, noises, break sqealing?

Slick44
07-22-2010, 10:26 AM
just curious....

Also, the guys here who had their cars front brakes sqeal or squeak when pressing the dow the brake pedal harder or over 60%.... what did you do to mitigate this situation?

was that an indicator to get new brakes?
What about the guys whos brakes still had alot more life in them?

ndabunka
07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Somewhat covered - My SA is pretty thorough and I had a squeak in the rear deck. He said that they would look at it and see what they could do. He did tell me that they may have to charge me the $50 deductible or whatever that is. I said fine. 2.5 hours latter they still could not isolate it. I said... That's enough I've got to go. The SA then spent some time driving while I rode in the back trying to figure it out before giving up altogether. In the end, we "thought" we found the problem but they did not have a few minor plastic screws so I said... nevermind, I'll figure it out later. Needless to say, they could not remedy it (in 3 hours) so they did not charge me anything. The car was there getting inspection originally.

wilk187
07-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Somewhat covered - My SA is pretty thorough and I had a squeak in the rear deck. He said that they would look at it and see what they could do. He did tell me that they may have to charge me the $50 deductible or whatever that is. I said fine. 2.5 hours latter they still could not isolate it. I said... That's enough I've got to go. The SA then spent some time driving while I rode in the back trying to figure it out before giving up altogether. In the end, we "thought" we found the problem but they did not have a few minor plastic screws so I said... nevermind, I'll figure it out later. Needless to say, they could not remedy it (in 3 hours) so they did not charge me anything. The car was there getting inspection originally.

ummm..i think you misunderstood the post. He was asking specifically about brakes being covered. There's a sensor in both the front and rear of your car that's connected to the brake pads to detect thier thickness. When they reach a minimum level, your "check brake lining" or "check brake" light will come on. That doesn't mean that they can't wear and be less responsive before the light comes on. As a matter of fact, i always change my brakes when they become too spongy, regardless of pad life remaining. As far as the CPO covering it, honestly i can't remember :) My 7 is under the original warranty for a couple more months so everything is covered.

Joe-BMW
07-23-2010, 05:16 AM
depends. I had front end creaking on I think my 2002 and they had to replace the rubber damn that sits under the front end. The thing that hits the ground first when you bottom out. They deemed it wear and tear and I had to pay.

hotrod2448
07-23-2010, 06:30 AM
ummm..i think you misunderstood the post. He was asking specifically about brakes being covered. There's a sensor in both the front and rear of your car that's connected to the brake pads to detect thier thickness. When they reach a minimum level, your "check brake lining" or "check brake" light will come on. That doesn't mean that they can't wear and be less responsive before the light comes on. As a matter of fact, i always change my brakes when they become too spongy, regardless of pad life remaining. As far as the CPO covering it, honestly i can't remember :) My 7 is under the original warranty for a couple more months so everything is covered.

Actually the title says nothing about brakes. It mentions "rattles, noises, breaks".:rofl:

I took it as him asking about annoyances in general including brake squeal.

Joe-BMW
07-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Actually the title says nothing about brakes. It mentions "rattles, noises, breaks".:rofl:

I took it as him asking about annoyances in general including brake squeal.

Me too.

Slick44
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
well....... i thought i was out of my original manufacture warranty... but it turns out i wasnt. i have till september.. anyhow i had a small rattle near the gas pedal and my brake was squealing lightly...

they told me that because of the faulty material they use in the brake pads that they were goign to start make noise and that it would only get worse so they told me to come back on monday and they would replace all of the pads and rotors under my warranty before i hit cpo.

not bad.. im impressed! im not sure if this is the way things worked for everyone.. i just took delivery of my 2011 7 series from them so i guess im still pretty fresh in their head and wanted to keep me happy..

who knows..

however.. i did ask them about the rattle and noise situation when ido hit cpo with this 750 and they said,,,, id pay the 50$ deductable to have it checked out and if its not brakes or suspension, they would fix it and it would be covered under warranty.. if its a noise from rbakes or suspension, it would be my responsibility to pay for it.

Joe-BMW
07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Good deal Slick!

kobac
07-23-2010, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=Slick44;5344795]well....... i thought i was out of my original manufacture warranty... but it turns out i wasnt. i have till september.. anyhow i had a small rattle near the gas pedal and my brake was squealing lightly...

they told me that because of the faulty material they use in the brake pads that they were goign to start make noise and that it would only get worse so they told me to come back on monday and they would replace all of the pads and rotors under my warranty before i hit cpo.

not bad.. im impressed! im not sure if this is the way things worked for everyone.. i just took delivery of my 2011 7 series from them so i guess im still pretty fresh in their head and wanted to keep me happy..

who knows..

however.. i did ask them about the rattle and noise situation when ido hit cpo with this 750 and they said,,,, id pay the 50$ deductable to have it checked out and if its not brakes or suspension, they would fix it and it would be covered under warranty.. if its a noise from rbakes or suspension, it would be my responsibility to pay for it.[/QUO

You must realy love the 7er :thumbup: