PDA

View Full Version : Product News / Reviews Individualize your BMW with Custom Euro Plates!

pix335i
07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
239293 Custom European plates are nothing new for BMW enthusiasts, especially for those lucky few that have a chance to go to Germany and pick up their car via European Delivery. I am one of the lucky ones that had a chance to pick up my 2007 335i Coupe in Munich and have had my tourist plate on since I took delivery in the US back in December 2006. I had been thinking of replacing the front plate on my car for some time and Ashley from customeuropeanplates.com (http://www.customeuropeanplates.com) was kind enough to send me a set to check out the quality of their plates.

The first thing I noticed when I placed the order was that the plates were shipping out of Berlin, Germany. Being a bit conerned about the quality of products, this was a welcomed suprise to see that it was coming from the same country the car was built! The plates arrived via Fedex and I quickly jumped at the chance to open up the box and see what was inside!

In quickly comparing the new plates to my tourist plates that were on the car from European Delivery, it seemed like the new plates were easily on par with what was coming off of the car. Next up was installation of the plates on the car which was made extremely easy given the universal mounting frame that is included with your order. As you can see in the pictures below, the mounting frame has just about every possible option for mounting it to your car; it is virtually assured that you can use existing holes to mount up your new plate. I used the same holes that my tourist plate (front) and state license plaet (rear) used and things the plates fit like a glove.

Now with the plates mounted and looking great, the only thing left to do was take the car for a drive on the highway to make sure they didn't fall off at high speeds :)

At the end of the day, there isn't a whole lot to review on a license plate since it doesn't do anything other than sit on your car and look good but this plate certainly lives up to that. I have zero worries about the plate's long term viability on the car since it seems to be made of high quality materials.

If you have been thinking about getting a vanity European plate, take some time and go play around with your options at http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/european-plates-c-1.html

Oh and if you ever see a Montego Blue 335i with BIMFEST German plates on the front, you'll know who it is! Enjoy the pics below.

Read more Bimmerfest product reviews (http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/Product-Review)

Gadget
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Got a ticket in California for using a european plate. I had a tourist delivery plate on the front of my car. The police said that since it wasn't the plate registered to the vehicle, and since it did not match the rear plate, it was like not having a front plate (required in California and many other states). FYI

Scrib
09-19-2010, 01:26 PM
The Carabinieri, Polizia and Guarda di Finanza are sticklers for proper plates assigned to the vehicle and it's against Italian law to have anything other than the plate assigned. You'll see folks hang things from their plates as in decorations which can guarantee you a ticket from an individual waking up on the wrong side of the bed! Ciao tutti!;)

dalekressin
09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The Carabinieri, Polizia and Guarda di Finanza are sticklers for proper plates assigned to the vehicle and it's against Italian law to have anything other than the plate assigned. You'll see folks hang things from their plates as in decorations which can guarantee you a ticket from an individual waking up on the wrong side of the bed! Ciao tutti!;)

Definitely not legal in my state.:mad:

dalekressin
09-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I have both of my European Delivery plates and wish I could display them. Fine here is Wisconsin.

mymainwheels
11-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I just ordered a black lettering on black europlate from http://www.europlates.com/_custom/euro/euro_72317.html It is going to read BAD AZZ lol. I created online before I purchased:bigpimp:

Patrick
11-08-2010, 08:59 AM
If I put license plates from Germany on my E61 and the police stopped me here, I would get arrested.

And the car tax bill from the tax office (Finnish IRS) would be an interesting thing to deal with. :eek:

A vehicle's license plate is the same as a personal passport. Not smart to get caught with a fake one belonging to someone else. :eeps: