PDA

View Full Version : Navigation radio problems

rroque
07-23-2010, 06:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I am a new BMW owner and new to this site so please be patient with me.....
I recently purchased a 2006, 745I, button on center console was cracked, BMW dealership replaced center console.... Within an hour of driving the car starting having problems, Navigation, Radio went out, squealing through the speakers. They stated this is common in the 7 series, that is was not related to the replacement of the console and are charging us over $2000. to fix. Has anyone heard of this? There was no problems prior to the replacement of the console. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

GeorgeT
07-23-2010, 10:58 AM
While this problem is not unknown, it is not common - if it were "common" then BMW would have changed audio systems. Depending on the original delivery date for you car and the mileage, it may still be covered by the 4 years/ 50,000 mile warantee. If they still will not fix it, I would appeal this all the way to BMW NA or demand your money back and, in a loud voice while in the show room, tell the sales manager that his dealership does not stand behind there products and neither you nor your friends will ever darken their doors again.

That said, good luck.

kobac
07-23-2010, 12:53 PM
If you dont have rear seat tv mounted on the the center console,maybe they are right about the part,that center console doesn"t have nothing to do with your NAV-RADIO System(if they didn't touch anything else).
So if you still got the warranty,that is the way to go,and if you do not,maybe you should PM Keif with the questions that you have,good luck.

rroque
07-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the input, I have 80,000 miles so warrantee is done, will try complaining at BMW and see if that helps. Really appreciate the feedback.

bghubr
07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Try a most bust reset.

There is a fibre optic junction in the glove box.

Turn key on remove jumpber for 30 seconds

Turn key off.

Reinstall jumper and see if this helps.