PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to my dealer

johnnykuz@zoomi
07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I have a 2005 X3 with 65K miles on it that I bought as CPO from a private owner last year. Last month, the AC stopped blowing cold so I made an appt with the dealer to get it fixed and have a state inspection done since it was due by the end of this month.

Well, they looked at the AC and told me that the low pressure side hose needed to be replaced and that the repair estimate was $795. I reminded them of the CPO warranty and asked them to check the hose. Fortunately it was covered by the CPO warranty, so I told them to order the part and made a future appt to get the repair done.

The car failed the state inspection however because it had a broken left rear coil spring, you know, the little tail that breaks off where it seats at the bottom of the spring. This they told me would be $349 to repair and it was not covered by the CPO warranty. Same thing, order the part and I'll bring it back in.

So I took it in yesterday expecting a bill for between $4-500 with the coil spring repair, the $50 CPO deductible, plus the cost of the state inspection. To my surprise, they presented me with a bill for $96.20!! I had complained that the broken spring was a common issue on X3's and that BMW should do something about it. He told me they checked for CPO coverage on it and lo & behold, BMW agreed to cover it under the CPO warranty.

Many thanks to them for going the extra mile and going to bat for me on this. I ended up with over $1100 in repairs for just my $50 deductible plus the cost of the state inspection and sales tax.

This was Sewickley BMW in the Pittsburgh area and they definitely did right by me.

johnnykuz
2008 335Xi coupe
2005 X3

Supercourse
07-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Always great to hear dealer stories with a happy ending!

LvdB
07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Always great to hear dealer stories with a happy ending!

+1 :thumbup:

It's dealer choices (aka after sales service) like this that ensures customers satisfaction and future business.

enamoured
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Don't want to throw cold water on your praises to dealer; but coil spring IS covered under CPO warranty as is almost every part related to suspension. Your dealer just fed you misinformation first and later tried to cover it up by saying BMW is covering it since it is a common problem while in fact he found out that coil springs are indeed covered by CPO warranty. I have had both my coil springs replaced under CPO warranty for $50 + tax deductible.

I have attached the CPO document for you, coil spring is clearly there. This is from BMW Canada; looking at US website it's not different there either.