PDA

View Full Version : Anybody make good car seat protectors?

ilwill77
07-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Well I'm expecting twins in the next few months and wondering if anyone knows of any good car seat protectors.

I'm concerned that the babies' car seats will create indentations, wear marks, possibly tears, etc. in the leather seats.

I have a friend that has made custom seats/interiors for some other projects for me, but wondering if there are any quality off the shelf products I should investigate before I make a big project out of this and have him make a custom cover.

The ones I've seen in the popular retail stores don't look too promising. Some of my friends say they suck as well.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Will the $12 protectors from Babies'R'Us suffice?

:dunno:

rowel619
07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
congratz on the twins...:thumbup:

1bad540
07-25-2010, 08:27 PM
congrats on the twins bro, Im also a recent dad so my temp solution is a heavy towel under the car seat, But i was planning on doing the 12 protector.?? test it out.

Tinkham22
07-25-2010, 11:17 PM
congrads. my mother in law nows how picky I am about my car so when she herd we were having our first kid she bought me a thick heavy duty seat mat. it is nice. no marks on my seat and it looks clean. She found it at a yard sale. It is a munchkin mat.

ilwill77
07-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Thx to all, Babies'R'Us had a car seat cover for $27 that appeares to be twice as thick as the rest. Guess I'll give it a try and report back in a few months.

Maybe I should shuttle the kids in my F350 instead, bigger = safer, right :D

carter750li
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Thx to all, Babies'R'Us had a car seat cover for $27 that appeares to be twice as thick as the rest. Guess I'll give it a try and report back in a few months.

Maybe I should shuttle the kids in my F350 instead, bigger = safer, right :D

maybe you should ..:rofl: CONGRATULATION YOUR HAND GANNA B REAL FULL .. TWINS, BMW, WIFE/GF...GOOD LUCK:thumbup: