PDA

View Full Version : I got jacked...

robohopar
07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
hey guys,

my roof and trunk spoiler got jacked over the weekend...please keep an eye out for anyone selling a used Alpina trunk spoiler or a ACS roof spoiler, in Monaco Blue.

Thanks in advance.

- Rob

wilk187
07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
awww snap..that's not cool.

Seven11
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
not cool at all

sunny_j
07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
that sucks. did you use 3m double sided tape?

Country
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Gyyaaalleee Robo.....I hope you find you stuff man. Prayers go out to you.

DLF750
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Uh, I happen to have a monaco blue 7, so if anyone out there is selling these stolen parts, PM me!!!!!

Kidding, sorta, but that does suck. No way to secure these parts other than drilling into the trunk for the spoiler. I am about to order an ACS spoiler and now you made me nervous as they are not cheap

OnlySkills
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
ouch, getting robbed really stinks

patshah
07-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Please glue them on with JB weld next time... Sorry to hear that bro...

wilk187
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Uh, I happen to have a monaco blue 7, so if anyone out there is selling these stolen parts, PM me!!!!!

Kidding, sorta, but that does suck. No way to secure these parts other than drilling into the trunk for the spoiler. I am about to order an ACS spoiler and now you made me nervous as they are not cheap

Which one are you ordering???

aznwhip
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear. I'll put a word out to the local socal shops I work with as well.

pelonx1st
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
That sucks gorilla nuts

1bad540
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Sorry to hear..

ALLBLACK7
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Damn that sucks bro!!!! I remember someone hit your car just recently
Did you park your car outside again ?

robohopar
07-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the support...greatly appreciated.

i had the 3M tape and also had JB weld on there...

I was in Vegas and when i got back it was late and i was pissed...so i didn't check the damages to my car. Immediately after i posted this up i called to get a police report and to check the damages out myself and i noticed that the dumb effing thief couldn't pry the alpina trunk spoiler off because of the glue! he left about 4 inches of the spoiler on my trunk! Moron broke it so it basically useless to him now. I'm glad i used the glue.

He did damage my quarter panels and my roof. I'm going in to a drive in appraisal shop tomorrow to show it to a insurance adjuster. ill let you guys know how it goes...

i hate dealing with problems with my car man...makes me want to go buy a Toyota Camry and just drive it comfortably.

gman750
07-27-2010, 04:41 AM
sorry that happened to ya..glad ur getting it handled and getting ready to get a new one on there.

carter750li
07-27-2010, 04:58 AM

I was in Vegas and when i got back it was late and i was pissed...so i didn't check the damages to my car. Immediately after i posted this up i called to get a police report and to check the damages out myself and i noticed that the dumb effing thief couldn't pry the alpina trunk spoiler off because of the glue! he left about 4 inches of the spoiler on my trunk! Moron broke it so it basically useless to him now. I'm glad i used the glue.

He did damage my quarter panels and my roof. I'm going in to a drive in appraisal shop tomorrow to show it to a insurance adjuster. ill let you guys know how it goes...

i hate dealing with problems with my car man...makes me want to go buy a Toyota Camry and just drive it comfortably.

im sorry to hear that man.. i hate deallin my car too sometimes i realy feel like drivin a toyota:bawling:

dalekressin
07-27-2010, 04:59 AM

The drive in the Toyota won't be as comfortable as you think.
When cornering you will always think bank and be sad or mad.

robohopar
07-27-2010, 09:59 AM
The drive in the Toyota won't be as comfortable as you think.
When cornering you will always think bank and be sad or mad.

I meant mentally comfortable. lol

not worrying about giving my car to the valet, car wash, friends, family parking it anywhere without wondering about getting jacked, door sings, egged....etc

1bad540
07-27-2010, 10:18 AM
But when ur leaving in a toyotoa ur leaving in a toyota..Jokes on you.:rofl:

diznik007
07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
sorry to hear that :thumbdwn: for those that want a toyota and still feel like your in a bimmer, pick up an F01, looks just like a camry :(

robohopar
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
sorry to hear that :thumbdwn: for those that want a toyota and still feel like your in a bimmer, pick up an F01, looks just like a camry :(

Lmaooooo....that was harsh diz

on a brighter note, I took the risk and went by a drive in all state location for a quote. I was lucky the adjusted was a cool guy. he's going to be reinbursing me for both my spoilers, re finishing my trunk painting the quarter panels and refinishing my roof cause there were scratches on there.

the roof is scary to re paint cause the shark fin is attached from the inside and in order to remove it we have to remove the head liner.

ill have to fax in some invoices so he knows how much I paid for the spoilers...this should he fun :)

dzle
07-27-2010, 02:27 PM

Don't do it! I was just in Vegas all of last week and had a Toyota Camry rental car. It's like going from a private jet to a moped.

irokdastar383
07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
dont be upset its what happens with these cars. at least you can get mad. my wife today decided to park to close to the curve and scratched the lip on my wheels. i just paid 300 to refinish them on saturday mind you. so yea it is what it is. ill take theifs prying stuff off my car than to have the gas pedal stuck or no brakes in a toyota lol!

GOUGHIE
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
OP sorry to hear this - sucks.

It does make me wonder about attitudes to our cars. Over here in the UK people are generally jealous as hell of success and will do this sort of crap out of spite "if I can't have it why should you?" Douches. But in the US peeps are generally accepting and admiring of success, no? Obviously you'll have muppets wherever you live, but would you say this is about right? :dunno:

Expo BMW
07-27-2010, 05:14 PM
That suks Robo.. You just can't have anything nice these days.

robohopar
07-27-2010, 05:40 PM
i park in my driveway...i dont have room in my garage cause i have a classic and a motorcycle...so outside is my only option :(

i'm going to get a well needed security system around my entire house. Big visible cameras...should do the trick.

Expo BMW
07-27-2010, 05:49 PM
You should get a cheap car cover to hide the car. Although they might end up stealing the cheap car cover too. I have an outdoor night vision camera and VHS recorder if you need one.

robohopar
07-27-2010, 05:52 PM
You should get a cheap car cover to hide the car. Although they might end up stealing the cheap car cover too. I have an outdoor night vision camera and VHS recorder if you need one.

ya, if i had to cover my car every time i parked it at my own home...i rather not drive at all...lol

thanks buddy...but i have been wanting to get a nice security system setup at my house anyway.