PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow installed finally...

rawdog805
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I finally got an exhaust on my 7.. Bought the Magnaflow 14445 from amazon for $70 plus tax, went to get the thing installed at Cole muffler/brake and they put it on the lift I told em what I wanted done and he was like I dont think that can be done because the mufflers are too close together... LOL wtf.. So I said OK I will take my money elsewhere.. Stopped at my local MufflerMan shop and they lifted her up and said oh yeah we can do that for ya for $75...

I had them reuse the tip from the stock muffler with the bypass valve, but I disconnected it sounds pretty darn good.. Could stand too be a little louder, but its good enough for now..

Just wanted to post my story and say thanks to the couple of guys that actually helped me out with the part numbers and the pics of their installs..

Has anone replaced the other stock muffler with one of these magnaflows? Wonder how loud that would be..??

irokdastar383
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
any pics of the install?

pelonx1st
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Good stuff did you take out the resenators?

rawdog805
07-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Good stuff did you take out the resenators?

Awwww SHHUX.. thats what I forgot.. nop did not take out any resonators.. I didnt take any pics either but will try to take one with my phone..

Where are the resonators located??

pelonx1st
07-29-2010, 12:59 AM
its in the middle and front

rawdog805
07-29-2010, 01:41 AM
nah I didnt have them touch anything else but the muffler..ah well.. I do remember someone saying that they had them removed later and they didnt seem to make much of a difference in sound..

gman750
07-29-2010, 04:23 AM
can someone please tell me what exactly/how exactly the 75$ muffler works..75$...seriously?

does it throw any codes inside the car?

i wanna do this ASAP if that's hte price..does it void CPO warranty/

1bad540
07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Why would you want the 7 louder>??

rawdog805
07-29-2010, 06:48 AM
can someone please tell me what exactly/how exactly the 75$ muffler works..75$...seriously?

No there are no codes that I have gotten because of this muffler.. You just order the muffler and go to a muffler shop and tell them you want to replace the muffler that is closet to the passenger side of the car, they will cut the stock muffler off and put the new magnaflow on. I had them reuse the tip with bypass valve for my magnaflow.

At first I had the bypass valve connected, but that way you can only hear it when you really stomp on the gas.. So I unplugged it and plugged it with a golf tee, and now it sounds good but If it were a little bit louder it would sound even better.

Because a car this powerful should sound just as powerful. The stock exhaust is way too quiet..

diznik007
07-29-2010, 10:09 AM

it works perfect. much deeper growl (as opposed to raspy) than the rest of the exhausts i've been hearing. does not throw any codes. your CPO warranty doesn't even cover your factory exhaust as it is considered an upkeep item.

patshah
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear it's done bro!

greco2000
08-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I just did mine on Friday. Sounds awesome! Magnaflow exhaust # 14445. The guys at the shop were all skeptical that it would make a difference & they were all crowded around when we started it up. It sounded crazy! Everyone was real surprised. When you give it gas it sounds mean. You really hear it when your driving around 2000 RPM. Almost too loud, I couldnt picture going any louder without it sounding like a punk!

I got rid of the exhaust valve. It was seized shut, so I just had them toss it. Funny thing is, the old muffler was full of water! All the condensation from the CC was trapped and coulsdt escape! I was running on one damn muffler for months... possibly longer! My emmissions related error code went away as well! Yay!

whytry
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
You tube video's of your cars done, so I can hear the sound files....

:)

jgriffith007
08-24-2010, 11:14 PM
I love it, and would not want it any louder!

whytry
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
videos or sound clips?

also have you noticed any difference in MPG?

07 650i
09-10-2010, 12:36 AM
I just did mine on Friday. Sounds awesome! Magnaflow exhaust # 14445. The guys at the shop were all skeptical that it would make a difference & they were all crowded around when we started it up. It sounded crazy! Everyone was real surprised. When you give it gas it sounds mean. You really hear it when your driving around 2000 RPM. Almost too loud, I couldnt picture going any louder without it sounding like a punk!

I got rid of the exhaust valve. It was seized shut, so I just had them toss it. Funny thing is, the old muffler was full of water! All the condensation from the CC was trapped and coulsdt escape! I was running on one damn muffler for months... possibly longer! My emmissions related error code went away as well! Yay!

Did you do just the muffler or did you also have the resonators removed?

samadkins29
09-10-2010, 11:02 AM

+1, the point of the 7 is its quite and sleek. Its not a race car. Im all for moding the exhaust, but you just put on magnaflow race (glasspacks). But hey, if you love the sound then you love the sound, it will get alot louder with age.

Wilassasin
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM

+2, I agree with this I mean if ur car is modded ok thats one thing u can get away with it but on a bone stock car with a loud muffler:dunno:

sunny_j
09-10-2010, 02:05 PM

+2, I agree with this I mean if ur car is modded ok thats one thing u can get away with it but on a bone stock car with a loud muffler:dunno:

its the best of both worlds. quite under regular driving and loud when you WOT. i wish i had done it on the 760.

Wilassasin
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
whats good Sunny!! Ur Car looks great in the pics....I see the mods u did yet ur car looks far from being overdone very classy and sexy looking! As far as the 7 goes I was surprised to see how many people mod 7's, but im feeling its time to move on and move into a (f-02) 750 M-Sport or the concept car thats been showing up on sites..So im trying 2b patient....