PDA

View Full Version : My 7 has been in shop for 6 days now

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Well I took my car in for its 1st service since I bought the car on last Friday morning for scheduled maintenance (oil change) and to replace wipers and the mirror in backseat (fold down) it was broken when I got the car. I also did as was recommended on other posts and mentioned to check sun roof and stereo system.
I was told that would be completed end of day. Went to pic up and SA said need to complete programing, and that they were getting new updated program on Monday so will keep car till then. Come Monday said still programming. Then yesterday called at end of day and told me that they are having problems with programming (on their end not with my car) but that SM figured it out and will be ready this morning. Still nothing yet from them.
I have read some of the recant posts about problems with dealership jacking up cars and am hoping nothing else wrong that they are not telling me about.
Has anyone had this problem before, what is the "normal" time to do this service including programming?? Comments please!!!

samadkins29
07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
You need to ask them what programming needs to be done, nothing you brought it in for should need programming. The only part computer related would be maybe resetting the OIL mileage count. But thats something you can do yourself.

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I will ask them that when I pick it up, whenever that is. I asked them on Monday and all they said was wanted to put latest program in but will get better answer then that.

USALEXUSBMW750
07-29-2010, 11:15 AM
If this your first visit to dealer since you got the car new from 2006, then i hope.... it will be reliable after that visit

irokdastar383
07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
i had the same issue they held it for 5 days keept on telling me that they ordered the wrong part 3 times then when i got it back i had many problems and ofcorse they said the blame was the car. call up bitch and make sure they give you in writing if something goes wrong after u pick it up that there responsible..

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
i had the same issue they held it for 5 days keept on telling me that they ordered the wrong part 3 times then when i got it back i had many problems and ofcorse they said the blame was the car. call up bitch and make sure they give you in writing if something goes wrong after u pick it up that there responsible..

ya I read about your problems that you had. I am going to take your advice and get in on paper exactly what and why they did and if problems later. At least still under warranty so not too worried.
As for fist visit, I bought car about 3 months ago.

Blackcix
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Check all the paint and look for any new clear coat. That don't even sound right.

ndabunka
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
i had ... keept ...ofcorse...THERE responsible..

To the original poster. Did you get a loaner car while they perform the work? If it were me I might even ask them to sign a statement saying that the car has not been "damaged" while under their care. If anything AT ALL is wrong upon delivery, do NOT accept the work as "completed".

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
PLEASE PLEASE use the word "THEIR" not THERE when referring to people. It's like reading the text of a five year old...:mad:

But do you have any input on the thread??

Blackcix

thanks for the tip, I will do that for sure, you never know what theses dealerships do with our cars when we drop them off.

irokdastar383
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
why is everyone so worried about spelling and gramer? if you understand what i am saying then it doesnt matter how it is spelled. dont be a loser

ndabunka
07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
why is everyone so worried about spelling and gramer? if you understand what i am saying then it doesnt matter how it is spelled. dont be a loser

aye, y boder wit spillN tings rit? i dotn metter one bit... loser's r t ones' woh cna't sepll

BmW745On19's
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
big deal. my car has been in the shop for a month at a time.

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
big deal. my car has been in the shop for a month at a time.

What, don't tell me that, even though they gave me a 2010 3 series don't want to be without 7 for that long. And did you have any extra problems when you got it back??

irokdastar383
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
ndabunka u know you always have to step one someones foot. seriously grow up. wtf do u care? if were all dumb and ure the smart one then go start your own fourm!!!

amg142
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
aye, y boder wit spillN tings rit? i dotn metter one bit... loser's r t ones' woh cna't sepll

dude your a cancer to this forum. get a life and a new avatar, no one wants to see your ugly kid.

ndabunka u know you always have to step one someones foot. seriously grow up. wtf do u care? if were all dumb and ure the smart one then go start your own fourm!!!

exactly. all he does is ruin other peoples' threads by distracting from the thread subject. very annoying

diznik007
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
typical for the 7 to stay extended periods of time. consider yourself lucky if you get the car back and some other error doesn't pop up. many times the car went in only to get it back with 3 new issues. best of luck.

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Wow now I'm starting to worry, when I took it in I had no errors at all. I still have not heard back from SA, hope not a bad sign..

irokdastar383
07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
just wait dont worry right now. but keep us updated

diznik007
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
just wait dont worry right now. but keep us updated

:rofl::rofl::rofl: says the guy who just got his car back from the dealer all jacked up and is ready to take them to court. might as well make it a class action :rofl: in all seriousness, i agree, don't sweat it, i'm sure it will be OK :eeps:

jaytwo3
07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks to all, I get off of work in a few minutes and will go by and hope its complete and no problems, will post in morning and update...

BobSC
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks to all, I get off of work in a few minutes and will go by and hope its complete and no problems, will post in morning and update...

Based on the items you had originally requested, the re-programing seems a little odd to me. I guess your commenting to them about checking the stereo system might have prompted this....but that is just a guess.

Don't let the guys scare you about the service. While our cars have a lot of things on them that can go wrong, many of us have very reasonable service experiences. Ask lots of questions and let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

BmW745On19's
07-29-2010, 06:41 PM
What, don't tell me that, even though they gave me a 2010 3 series don't want to be without 7 for that long. And did you have any extra problems when you got it back??

No. They fixed everything. Had to order a part from Germany.

jaytwo3
07-30-2010, 08:41 AM
UPDATE:
Well yesterday after work went by to check on car. SA said was done and they are cleaning it very good for me. So I asked tons of questions and turns out seems everything is ok. The mirror in backseat was replaced and the button to open arm rest in front was replaced (was pealing coating) SA said both of these Items were not supposed to be covered under warranty but he talked to boss and they went ahead and replaced for free since SA told me would be covered.
As for programing said that since they had new program wanted to give car update since had not had program in quite a while that way I would not have to bring in at a later time.
So I told SA wanted to go see car, I had mentioned to SA early in week that had brake dust build up on wheels was bad and if could clean for me. So when looked at car, detail guy was working on wheels, they gave me a can of cleaner that they use on wheels for free, I was talking to detail guy about wheel locks if think I need some, he went to his tool box and gave me a set that he had, said he had them for quite a while and I could have them if wanted that they had come off a 7.
As for not signing paperwork till I happy all work completed, SA had not completed yet so have to go pick up today after work, this way I have all day to verify work is done correctly and no problems.
As for the wheel locks they don't fit, checked into them and for a X5 or X3.

Country
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Glad to see that everything looks ok.

irokdastar383
07-30-2010, 10:18 AM
i should of taken my car to your dealership lolol

magastos2
07-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Going through the tread here, some people advice are just freaking out of wack.