PDA

View Full Version : JL Stealthbox Question

Fritz
12-05-2003, 04:34 PM
I am looking to get some ICE for my new 325i. The H/K system has been a bit of a disappointment (especially on the Bass) and I'm looking at JLs Stealthbox.

For those of you that have this, or have heard it, how does it compare? I would like to keep my trunk space and do not plan on redesigning my car for a massive Audiophile upgrade, but I like my music and miss the fuller, clean bass from my old car (had a 10" sub).

Also, being that it is a free air sub...
1) what exactly does this mean
2) will the fact that I have fold down rear seats and the Ski bag (Winter package) noticably effect the sound?

Lostboy7500
12-07-2003, 11:53 AM
A free air sub simply means they are not necessarily meant to be in a sealed box. If you go to JLs website you can see pictures and it will make more sense.
Also the stealthboxes REPLACE the rear speakers in the rear deck. They are not an addition. They dont take up any more room than the stock speakers, anymore room of note anyway.

jaisonline
12-23-2003, 08:55 AM
hi,

the jl stealthboxes are great. do a search on this web site for all my posts over the last 6 months. i go into detail about the stealth boxes in a few of them.