PDA

View Full Version : Anybody test drove the X3 in snow or icy road conditions?

DvdGene
12-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Just curious if anybody has tried driving the X3 in severe driving conditions, such as the one we have now here in the northeast. Would the dealers actually allow us to test drive it in a snowstorm such as this. Curious to find out how it drives and how XDrive performs.

SARAFIL
12-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Just curious if anybody has tried driving the X3 in severe driving conditions, such as the one we have now here in the northeast. Would the dealers actually allow us to test drive it in a snowstorm such as this. Curious to find out how it drives and how XDrive performs.
We've got one sitting on our showroom nice and clean right now. I'm tempted to take it out and go play, but I don't think my boss will be happy when he comes in and sees it filthy. :(

:angel:

TedW
12-06-2003, 10:53 AM

I've been driving an X3 for a demo since we got it and since I'm in upstate NY I've had the privilege to drive the vehicle on at least two bad days, today being one of them. The X drive is great. I drove out of my driveway with 6 to 8" of snow this morning with no problem. Our dealership is right on the edge of a major snow belt and I live 15 miles directly north which would put me right in the snow belt. A few nights ago it took me 45 minutes to get home due to bad visibility. I passed many cars, trucks, and suv's along my commute. Many vehicles were stranded in the ditch, but I felt very confident in the X3. There was at least 3 to 4 inches of snow on the road and ice beneath and I never felt out of control. In my opinion the X drive gets a :thumbup: .

Ted

beware_phog
12-07-2003, 05:48 AM
We've got one sitting on our showroom nice and clean right now. I'm tempted to take it out and go play, but I don't think my boss will be happy when he comes in and sees it filthy. :(

:angel:

How are you supposed to sell it if you haven't taken through all its paces? Do you really want to be like all the other salesman who claim things about cars that they've never driven? It is your duty and honor to take it out. Please let us know how it goes.

suzer
12-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Ted - (or SARAFIL if you broke down and drove it, risking life, limb and future employment)

Have you driven a pre x-drive X5 in the snow as well?

I'm interested in how they compare.

I'm still waiting for some decent snow to test my 2003 X5 here.

TedW
12-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Ted - (or SARAFIL if you broke down and drove it, risking life, limb and future employment)

Have you driven a pre x-drive X5 in the snow as well?

I'm interested in how they compare.

I'm still waiting for some decent snow to test my 2003 X5 here.

I had an X5 demo last winter and I prefer the new X drive system in the snow. Much better control and traction. The old AWD system was fine, but there is a noticeable improvement in the new system.

Ted