PDA

View Full Version : Roundel magazine

flashinthepan
12-05-2003, 09:10 PM
As a rookie BMW CCA member, I have to say I was impressed reading my 1st Roundel today !

in short:
Tons of negative Bangle letters, a LOT of great tips and reviews, much more stuff than I expected.

My current:

Car & driver
Roundel
Autoweek (great weekly)
Bimmer
Road & track

Crazy car lovers ! :D

MMME30W
12-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Agree, it is a really impressive club magazine.

My current set are:

R&T
C&D
Roundel
Mini Cooper Register

I have a copy of Bimmer, but only the Nov 03 (the one with the ZHP arcticle.) Good read.

Last time I traveled to Europe on business I also got a copy of "BMW Car" and "Total BMW" magazines. These are UK based I believe but also pretty good reads.

stsmytherie
12-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Roundel is OK. But could it possibly have more columnists? I'd rather have them drop half the columns (which are barely on topic anyway) and add another feature each month. And I'd also like to see something on the history of BMW or BMW racing each month.

flashinthepan
12-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Agree, it is a really impressive club magazine.

Wingspan,

That is a cool Cooper man !!! :thumbup:

Dont sell it without talkin ta me !!

MMME30W
12-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Wingspan,

That is a cool Cooper man !!! :thumbup:

Dont sell it without talkin ta me !!

Thanks, we've had it since '93. Bought it from the person responsible for the re-introduction of the Mini Cooper into Rover Group in the UK - he did the external restoration over 2 years then we've been finishing up the internal the past while...

ws

beware_phog
12-07-2003, 06:04 PM
As a rookie BMW CCA member, I have to say I was impressed reading my 1st Roundel today !

in short:
Tons of negative Bangle letters, a LOT of great tips and reviews, much more stuff than I expected.

My current:

Car & driver
Roundel
Autoweek (great weekly)
Bimmer
Road & track

Crazy car lovers ! :D

Yeah, it's ok. The letters are the worst part. You could create a form letter for everyone of them.

"The new XXX is horrible. XXXX is an idiot. I can't believe they changed the XXX like they did. I'm glad I bought my XXXX when I did because I'll never buy a new one. BMW obviously doesn't have a clue how to build a car and all those increasing car sales numbers are clearly false."

Tips are great. Columnist are horrible. Some decent pictures of coming attractions.

Love autoweek.

The Roadstergal
12-07-2003, 06:51 PM
The Roundel is a traditionalist magazine. Not a bad thing that it is, but the general ethos is "They got it right with the 2002, why did they ever change anything..."