PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster

gfd1989
07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
I saw this in a recent Roundel ad...Has anyone tried it? Seems to be a good idea...

www.turnermotorsport.com/sprintbooster

wilk187
07-31-2010, 05:18 PM
You should test it out for us ;)

Kiddkynetik
07-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Definitely a cool little tool. Anyone wanna try and write a review?

samadkins29
08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
You gas MPG will go down. Also if anything, order from the sprint booster official site, since they will have the most up-to-date version. I was thinking about getting one.

Mr_Burger
08-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I just can't imagine this will do much on my 760Li when in sport mode. It already leaves your false teeth behind when it accelerates hard :)

ALLBLACK7
08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
yeah i wonder how it will improve(?) the sport or manuel shift modes

stlbmw
08-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I dont know if you guys get this delay in your 7series accelerator pedal off the line, but i feel as if there is this delay
when throttling the engine in terms of pedal feel. off the line or just stabbing the gas pedal there seems to be a
...lag.

maybe some of us have ssen this vid..this item may help the above mentioned.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422256

stlbmw

samadkins29
08-01-2010, 06:23 PM
To clear some stuff up, the 'LAG" you feel is the same thing you get in any "drive by wire" car. All new cars have electronic gas pedals. All sprint booster does is increase the signal. Remember, most cars dont have "sport" mode and thus people are stuck in "economy" mode with the huge lag. It will still work in sport mode. Think of it like this, normally you press the gas pedal 25% down, you get 25% signal strength. W/ sprint booster you press it down 25% it gonna give you 45% signal strength and no lag. Anyone familiar with throttle wires(before electric) sprint booster does the same thing as shortening the cable to get faster response.

QUOTE "Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street."

stlbmw
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
makes sense to me. Probably would help.
Althoughm too many other things to fix right now(front brakes and rotors) on the 7 where 300 could be better spent

samadkins29
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
get the brakes and rotors from FCP groton, they have a performance pack for $500 (front and rear rotors - cross drilled(Zimmermann) and front and rear pads - semi mettalic (akibono))