PDA

View Full Version : DVD/back up camera

qtr-til-8
07-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Has anyone ever purchased a "BMW 7 ser NAV Video Converter Add DVD,TV Back Up Camera." There is one on........you guessed it, eBay that is supposed to allow you two additional video input sources. One is dedicated to dvd input, and the second to a back up camera. So whenever you put your 7 in reverse, the rearview camera (provided you have one connected) will display on screen. I am wondering, before I toss a couple hundred bucks into this, if it will through any errors? And most importanly if it will work as easily as claimed. (instructions state: "Simply cut 3 wires and connect supplied video harness into the location where the vehicles navigation harness is. Then connect 12V power, ground, and backup camera wire if installing back-up camera. The installation is really that simple.")

http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-7-ser-NAV-***************-Add-DVD-TV-Back-Up-Camera-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem58855978bcQQitemZ38019 4355388QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0

montehall
07-31-2010, 06:48 PM
...Simply cut 3 wires ...

:yikes:

csmeance
07-31-2010, 07:15 PM
DON'T CUT ANYTHING!!! Dom at TVandNav2GO has a plug and play module for the 7 series. On my old TL it was 225 shipped for the unit and pretty straight forward to wire up!

Power, ground, Input Switch 1, reverse trigger and then the wire harnesses that plugged in!

qtr-til-8
07-31-2010, 07:36 PM
DON'T CUT ANYTHING!!! Dom at TVandNav2GO has a plug and play module for the 7 series. On my old TL it was 225 shipped for the unit and pretty straight forward to wire up!

Power, ground, Input Switch 1, reverse trigger and then the wire harnesses that plugged in!

Sounds like the same set up. The wires that you are suppose to cut w/this one, are the ones to the add on unit, not anything on the 7. And it connects into the nav system. Pricing is the same as well. $225

wilk187
07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Cut = Tap...you're not necessarily snipping random wires in the car! It's no different than any other audio / video install...That being said, if there's a plug and play module, go that route! :) Just remember, you still need another adapter or rf modulator for sound.

Edit: I just sent Dom an email to see if they make a plug/play for the 2006 e65. I think i'm going to go with a digital tuner for now as far as video goes. Only thing i ever really watched in my Avalanche (which had tv/dvd) was football on saturday or sunday. I've looked at FloTV a couple of times, but the coverage just isn't good enough while traveling through the midwest.

qtr-til-8
08-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Cut = Tap...you're not necessarily snipping random wires in the car! It's no different than any other audio / video install...That being said, if there's a plug and play module, go that route! :) Just remember, you still need another adapter or rf modulator for sound.

Edit: I just sent Dom an email to see if they make a plug/play for the 2006 e65. I think i'm going to go with a digital tuner for now as far as video goes. Only thing i ever really watched in my Avalanche (which had tv/dvd) was football on saturday or sunday. I've looked at FloTV a couple of times, but the coverage just isn't good enough while traveling through the midwest.

I know that "cut" isn't meant in a literally manner. Lol. And I had planned on getting an rf modulator for the sound. I was attempting to find a plug and play converter, however I could not find one.

snoopkhan
11-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Is this the plug and play one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-7-ser-NAV-***************-Add-DVD-TV-Back-Up-Camera-/380194355388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58855978bc