PDA

View Full Version : DIY - Replacing window regulator - 2002 735i

fearor
08-01-2010, 03:56 AM
I'm trying to make an extended DIY on replacing window regulator. But I need some help determining the exact problem

I attached some pictures.

It started when it was freezing and the window wouldn't close entirely. Now in the summer it got worse. It openend with a lot of noise it stopped if you pushed again it went further but then it stopped again. Last day i had to help push it up and it would only close until about half an inch from the top. Now it is stuck at the bottom and it is stuck. I can't move it AT all.

My question is could it be the

sliding mechanism
or
drive for window lifter

Which parts do i need to order...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GL41&mospid=47773&btnr=51_4459&hg=51&fg=10&lang=enUS

I took some pictures which show at a first look something wrong it look like a plug which is torn up but i can't say from whick part it is.

Any help is welcome!!

TechFreak
08-01-2010, 05:32 AM
You can buy Window regulator either with or without the Drive Motor fitted.

If it were me i'd buy it with the drive motor just to make sure everything is good or you could be doing the job twice or even break the new regualator assembly using the old drive motor.

Items 1 ,4 & 6.

Also here's the DIY to Re-Initialise the power windows when the jobs done :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394423

You'll also need to Reset the Airbag light in the dash as it will flag an error when you disconnect the airbag connector on the door.........unless you can change the Regulator without disconnecting it.

You'll need a reset tool for the OBC to do this or get it reset at the Stealer's.

fearor
08-08-2010, 02:20 AM
I got the new regulator, but I should normally get the window up 14 mm . And it is really REALLY stuck in the lower position. Is there some safety that holds the window down? Because even with severe force i can't move it an inch!! To get to the lower bolts.

Any ideas?

TechFreak
08-08-2010, 04:32 AM
I got the new regulator, but I should normally get the window up 14 mm . And it is really REALLY stuck in the lower position. Is there some safety that holds the window down? Because even with severe force i can't move it an inch!! To get to the lower bolts.

Any ideas?

If your still trying to get the old regulator out you may have to cut the cables on it to get the glass out. :dunno:

fearor
08-08-2010, 02:12 PM
hmm okay tomorrow i will get a torx and maybe i can get to the bolt. Otherwise cutting it will be never tought that windows were that tough made :)

fearor
08-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Repair done! Worked out just great, window works like a charm. If you follow the pages from the DIY topic posted it is easy as hell. Thx TECH FREAK for the great help and advice!!!

m50b25
08-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

i also just repaced the regulator! Nothing complicated, but!!! never buy chinese cr%$$%p for 99$ with shipping, its really bad :(

yes its working but makes such a horrible squejking noise so it would be better not to have this regulator instead...

very poor quality :((

did anyone have this issue? its making this noise even without window attached :((

now i have to redo it again with OEM one....

the job is really not that much fun...

fearor
08-09-2010, 02:40 PM
No no sound at all it was an OEM BMW window regulator @ 250 Euro Tax included and shipping. But i guess once you done it it will be easy done again.

m50b25
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
because you are in belgium :))

here in us we have it for 260$ without motor OEM or 99$ chinese piece of crp, but some ppl say its not bad though...

KevinHE65
09-25-2010, 11:37 AM
:thumbdwn:
Well I bought one off of eBay for $99 USD. It worked about a dozen times. Now it would appear that I have to replace it again with OEM. :mad: