PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Drive Inactive

whiteandblk745
08-01-2010, 11:06 PM
i have a 2005 745li as soon as i start the car tat pops up , can anyone tell me where are the sensors that would cause that tanks ,

Seven11
08-01-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12867542

whiteandblk745
08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
the link is not working

Seven11
08-02-2010, 01:51 AM
just use search

there are a TONS of threads on this

TONS!

the links was a search for "dynamic drive inactive" in the e65 subforum

Mr_Burger
08-02-2010, 06:02 AM
the link is not working

That's because it uses a searchid (created when Seven11 ran the search) which doesn't last much beyond the original session and is of no use to anyone else.

If you want to post links to search keywords, you need to use the keywords in the link :)

Here's a proper link which will create a searchid for your session ;)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?do=process&query=dynamic+drive+inactive&exactname=1&starteronly=0&forumchoice[]=126&prefixchoice[]=&childforums=1&titleonly=0&showposts=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&replyless=0&replylimit=0&searchthreadid=0&saveprefs=1&quicksearch=0&searchtype=0&nocache=0&ajax=0&userid=0]

:thumbup:

whiteandblk745
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
yea i did a search but everybody seems to blame it on the alternator , but i changed that already

Seven11
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
its probably your wheels

whiteandblk745
08-03-2010, 05:01 AM
its probably your wheels

i had my wheels for about 7 months and that berly came up :dunno:

ndabunka
08-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I'd agree with Seven11. The dynamic drive system is electronically tied to the suspension system. 26-inch wheels really do NOT belong on your car as they simply weigh, way too much to allow the dynamic drive system to function properly. Well, it's either that or the fact that you haven't yet replaced/tested the battery (as directed in nearly EVERY ONE of the search recommendations). If the battery tests out OK, you simply MUST sell those plates to someone with an SUV

So you basically have a decision between 1) Dynamic Drive or 2) Keep a set of impractical 26 inch rims that make you look like a 16 year old drug dealer trying to impress the friends of your 14 year old's baby momma.

poon1
08-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I think you may be referring to American English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English) when you write regarding spelling issues in posts.

For instance creme should be cream if using English and there should be spaces before and after an ampersand-nobody is perfect and you have shown your lack of tolerance and respect by choosing to attack someone who may not have been given the opportunity to be educated to a literary standard similar to yours which you appear see as the de facto standard all others should be expected to reach before being allowed to ask for help.

(2006 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black|Convenience Package|19" sport Wheels|Logic 7|Rear Entertainment|SAT/HD|Cold Weather|Luxury Seats|Rear Power Sunshades|35% Tint)

Mr_Burger
08-03-2010, 09:06 AM
For instance creme should be cream if using English and there should be spaces before and after an ampersand-nobody is perfect and you have shown your lack of tolerance and respect by choosing to attack someone who may not have been given the opportunity to be educated to a literary standard similar to yours which you appear to see as the de facto standard all others should be expected to reach before being allowed to ask for help.

:D Sorry, couldn't resist...

You should know that only the English can speak and spell correctly. Everyone else is merely trying ;)

poon1
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
DOH! :rofl:

t_clealy
08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
WOW....Or should I say Wow...!!! That's all I can shay. Oh wait, I meant say....LOL J/K
Now let's get back to the original topic, please!
Thank you.

PS. It takes all kinds to ruin this wonderful World/Earth.

t_clealy
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Oh...BTW, before I even have my 22" on, I have occasionally noticed that light pops on even with factory 19" sports wheels. Sometimes, it comes on after I started up not even moving yet and other times just rolling not even like driving. It doesn't seem like a loose connections or anything like that. So I'm just wondering what and why and where this thing is located.

ndabunka
08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Hello,

I think you may be referring to American English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English) when you write regarding spelling issues in posts.

For instance creme should be cream if using English and there should be spaces before and after an ampersand-nobody is perfect and you have shown your lack of tolerance and respect by choosing to attack someone who may not have been given the opportunity to be educated to a literary standard similar to yours which you appear see as the de facto standard all others should be expected to reach before being allowed to ask for help.

(2006 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black|Convenience Package|19" sport Wheels|Logic 7|Rear Entertainment|SAT/HD|Cold Weather|Luxury Seats|Rear Power Sunshades|35% Tint)

touche but even in "proper" English, there is not interchangeable, is it?

ndabunka
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh...BTW, before I even have my 22" on, I have occasionally noticed that light pops on even with factory 19" sports wheels. Sometimes, it comes on after I started up not even moving yet and other times just rolling not even like driving. It doesn't seem like a loose connections or anything like that. So I'm just wondering what and why and where this thing is located.

T - Your issues and the original posters are not likely from the same cause. Intermittent errors when turning (even with OEM wheels) may simply be due to the fluids as pointed out in the other links. The OP's thread seems to indicate a more persistent threat.

Keif
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
To the OP, there are quite a few inputs into the dynamic drive system, as I'm sure you've gathered. Examples are the steering angle sensor (actually built into the steering wheel assembly), power steering fluid level, wheel speed sensors (at every wheel), lateral acceleration sensor, various directional and pressure sensors in the valve block (behind the passenger front wheel), etc. Since you stated that the dynamic drive warning pops when you first start the car - and, I assume, are not yet moving - you can probably eliminate some of obvious items like wheel speed sensors. To be honest, though, the easiest way to find out is just to have someone pull the faults. Check your power steering fluid beforehand though. =]

Have you had any recent work done -- near the same time this began?

t_clealy
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks, guys. Appreciated the time effort. No, no works done. Hehehe after seeing so many possibilities, now that light doesn't bother me anymore...LMAO...
Now I didn't realize that has something to do with fluid as well. Will have to see that first. Now what kind of fluid can be used on these cars ? You know ? I was working ( Well used to ) on Ford Products. But quit about 11 years ago. Turn into this line of cars...4get about it and never mind what I knew...lol Now I am just a complete...whatever you say it...lol

Keif
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Power steering fluid = CHF 11S

t_clealy
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Power steering fluid = CHF 11S

Is that something you can get at auto parts or it has to be dealer ?

WOW...$21 on ebay. Just found it. Amagine at the dealer