PDA

View Full Version : 03' 745 Fridge not working

snoopkhan
08-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Guys,

Are there any additional settings that activate the front fridge (besides the scroll inside)? It used to work, but i noticed a few days ago that i dont get any cooling/air coming out of the vents :dunno:

irokdastar383
08-02-2010, 09:55 AM
how long are you in ure car that u need a friedge lol. jk did u check any fuses?

OnlySkills
08-02-2010, 09:59 AM
you gotta have the a/c on. is it on? if it really doesn't work, then it's a electrical problem. is ANY air coming out, or is it just no air at all?

snoopkhan
08-02-2010, 10:03 AM
The A/C is on... No Air comes out. and the dial inside makes no difference. It's only when i turn the ventillation on my seat that i feel a very light flow of air coming out.

I haven't checked the fuses, but if that were to be the case, wouldn't the on-board computer indicate a fuse needs to be replaced?

irokdastar383
08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
not realy

ndabunka
08-02-2010, 11:54 AM
FRONT Fridge? Do you mean the center console's cooling? If so, then it's simply the rear air vents closed off. It's been discussed in other threads that the REAR center console vents MUST be open in order for the air to flow through the center console. If the rear vents are closed, no air circulates in the center console either. Makes logical sense but it would be nice if you could close them if the kiddos didn't want A/C

OnlySkills
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
FRONT Fridge? Do you mean the center console's cooling? If so, then it's simply the rear air vents closed off. It's been discussed in other threads that the REAR center console vents MUST be open in order for the air to flow through the center console. If the rear vents are closed, no air circulates in the center console either. Makes logical sense but it would be nice if you could close them if the kiddos didn't want A/C

+1, im sure your rear vents are closed then.

Mr_Burger
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM
+ the temp of the rear vents determines the temp of the console...

I always leave my rear vents on max cooling and open (both sides).

If that doesn't help, your A/C is not cooling correctly..

The only thing I used to worry about was triggering the moisture sensors on my iPhone when it was removed from there into a warmer environment, but it's been fine for a year now...