PDA

View Full Version : my experience with new century bmw

JL
12-07-2003, 02:10 AM
A very long rant, so here's my summary: avoid New Century BMW at all costs. They have shown a complete lack of respect and concern for their customers, and I would never ever go back there for any reason. Now here's my story. I apologize for the length of it, but it was just one thing after another with these clowns...

My car was due for Service Inspection I, so I called New Century BMW last Tuesday at 9am to make an appointment. All the service advisors were busy, so the receptionist took down my name and number and promised a callback within 2 hours...24hours later, I called back and I was again told that I'd get a callback within 2 hours. I figured they were really busy, so I explained to her that I never received a callback in the first place. She was really nice and apologetic, and she made my appointment for Saturday at 8:15am. I even got a phone call Friday afternoon to remind me of my appointment.

Saturday morning, I bring my car in, and arrive at 8am. The service inspector I'm supposed to meet is with a customer so I check in with the cashier. She tells me to have a seat and she'll let my service advisor know that I'm here for my 815am appointment. I'm watching TV and 45 minutes later, I still haven't been help. One of the guys did come in and ask me for my keys at around 820, so I figured that the ball was rolling. I was wrong. I went back to the cashier, and she looked and spoke to me as if she had never met me, and she seemed so confused when I reminded her that I had spoken to her 45 minutes earlier. She had the gall of telling me to stand outside the service advisor's office and simply wait for him to finish with the customer who was sitting in his office....a guy who arrived at the dealership a good 40 minutes after I did.

The guy I dealt with seemed pretty nice and, again, very apologetic for not getting to me, and told me that the service inspection was a pretty quick process, and he promised that my car would be ready by lunchtime. They didn't provide me a loaner car, because according to them, my car would only be in their hands for 3 or 4 hours. They had a shuttle take me home, and they promised that they would call me as soon as my car ready....

Fast forward to 315pm. I have yet to receive a call from them. I left them both my home and cell phone number, and I was home all day, and I was getting a bit impatient so I called New Century. Spoke to the receptionist that I needed to know the status of my car, and she told me that my service advisor was with a customer and would call me right back....

430 rolls around, and I still haven't received a call back...BIG SURPRISE...so i call them again. I would really like to pick up my car before the dealership closes, and again, the receptionist attempts to take my name and number so that nobody can call me back. I explain to her what happened, and voila, my car is just coming out. She arranges for the shuttle to pick me up, and when I arrive, I sign the receipt, and I'm off...or so I think. They failed to reset my countdown meter. Looking at the work order, all they did was perform an oil change, change my wipers, and topped off all my fluids. Now, I question whether they even did a thorough inspection of my vehicle.

Yes, they performed service inspection I, and some people may feel that I shouldn't be so demanding because the service is free, but I'm upset with the way that they handled me. I can understand that Saturdays are extremely busy for the service department, which is why I asked for the earliest possible appointment on Saturday. When I arrived at New Century at 8am, there were only 2 other cars in their service driveway, and I simply do not appreciate the lack of service that I received from New Century.

I've never had such a problem with BMW of San Diego, where I had taken my car when I lived in San Diego. When I was shopping for my car, New Century was one of the places I visited, and the salespeople completely ignored me because I was, at that time, 21 and fresh out of college. Then they tried to convince me that they couldn't sell me the car for anything less than MSRP. In fact, they wanted a mark-up on a new 325i, because it was "facelifted." I walked out of that dealership and called up Franco at Cutter Motors in Santa Barbara, where I ended up buying my car.

As i looked through New Century's showroom, they had a 2003 M5 marked up an additional $10,000 over MSRP. I guess after seeing that, I should have known better than to associate myself with those clowns.

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-07-2003, 03:17 AM
You had ONE bad experience and everyone else has to avoid that dealership? What's the deal?

If you may, I'd like to offer my side of the story. I have had my car serviced at NC BMW since the day I took delivery there. I have very satisfactory customer service since then. Ask Doeboy, Kaz, MDK330i whom I have referred to NC as well. John Verlade, my fav service advisor, even activated their alarm for free. I have a supercharger installed and not even once did John give me a hard time for that. In fact, when I was working on the paddle-shift retrofit, my entire dash, steering column trims, steptronic shift trims were ripped apart with wires dangling everywhere. Still, I brought the car in for an oil service and the master tech Tom took care of the job. Only question Tom asked was "You need help with your project?".

On two separate occasions, I dropped by car off at NC and I had to attend conferences at CalTech. The shuttle dropped me off and picked me up RIGHT on time without any delays.

NC is also where I met Imad (who now opens his own shop in Arcadia). I blew a DSC control unit and brought my car to John. I never had to wait for more than 10mins in the driveway. Imad was the tech who handled my car. During the 3-hr diagnosis waiting period, Imad and John attended to me THREE times, just to update me on the job. They replaced the control unit under warranty despite:

1. They know I track my car heavily.
2. I have tons of modifications on the car.
3. I have an E46 Bentley manual lying in the rear seat.

There were obviously enough evidence to void my warranty. But they didn't. Imad and I became friends as well, since he races with TCRA and has been offering valuable experiences on track driving. Til this day, I still maintain a friendship with Imad. Hack, Kaz, doeboy, Scottnretro, MDK330i and many others can verify that as well.

Just before my Laguna Seca school couple of weekends ago, I brought the car in for an oil change and John, knowing that I was going to attend the school, had the car carefully inspected and the tech even installed my frozen rotors. No questions asked.

I have been to Long Beach, Santa Monica, Assael, Beverly Hills and none of the dealerships can match that. If you'd like to know, I have the worst experiences ever with the sales people at BMW San Diego. They required me to place a credit card deposit for test driving an E46 330i. And yes, I was WELL over the youthful "21" fyi.

If you want to be treated like a king on a red carpet with champagne, a line of smiling receptionists and service advisors at your disposal, and a loaner BMW always standing-by for you, go to BMW Death Valley or something. Every service advisor is THAT busy at NC. Work as a service advisor for a day, and I think you will appreciate them a little more. Of the many times I visited NC, John did not even break for lunch. Every single minute, like other service advisors, he is flooded with calls, customers who turn up in the drive-up impromptu etc.

Also, the loaner BMW at NC is not at any customer's conveniences. They only have so many loaners at one time. Those customers who made appts well ahead of you have the priority to those loaners. Oh, that includes customers like me who make an appt a month before just so I make sure the tech I want to work on my car is free and available, the loaner is available and of course, John is working there as well. You made your appt just 4 days earlier. Something to think about.

So back to your story again, you had ONE bad encounter with ONE service advisor and ONE receptionist, both of whom didn't call/cater to you ON TIME. And you waited and waited, cos life is getting shorter for you. Then while waiting, you recalled the $10000 markup on the M5 and that got you boiling mad. Take your boohoos elsewhere then. I think NC should try to avoid you in the future instead. In fact, I'd like to avoid you the next time I visit NC. :tsk:

And your attempt to generalize the entire dealership as incompetent and disrepectful is uncalled for. How do you like non-BMW drivers to generalize us as aggressive, rude, reckless yuppies who like to show-off on the highway by swerving in and out of the traffic? I don't think you like that either.

anon
12-07-2003, 03:24 PM
errr... not to add anything to the fire that's brewing here...

i did ED at New Century, dealt with Eddie Yeh, and he's been very polite and courteous to me.

i haven't taken re-delivery yet... so we'll see...

JL
12-07-2003, 03:33 PM
And you waited and waited, cos life is getting shorter for you. Then while waiting, you recalled the $10000 markup on the M5 and that got you boiling mad. Take your boohoos elsewhere then. I think NC should try to avoid you in the future instead. In fact, I'd like to avoid you the next time I visit NC. :tsk:

And your attempt to generalize the entire dealership as incompetent and disrepectful is uncalled for. How do you like non-BMW drivers to generalize us as aggressive, rude, reckless yuppies who like to show-off on the highway by swerving in and out of the traffic? I don't think you like that either.

Vince,
Although I may have over-reacted yesterday and though you may be right that my one experience may have been the exception rather than the rule at New Century, I was simply venting my own frustrations and sharing my personal experience with them with all of you.

Maybe I should not have generalized the entire dealership because you and others on this board have had good experienes with them. In fact, reading the reviews on this very board is the reason that I went there in the first place. When I dealt with the people at New Century, not once did I yell at them or was I rude to them. I tried to understand that they were extremely busy, but I do believe that when you do conduct your business, you should do as you promise, or at least do your best to fulfill the promises that you made the customer. On several ocasions, they failed to do that. I do not know you, and I do not know what line of business you are in, but in my line of business, it is important to make sure that our clients' needs are taken care of, as long as they are well within reason. If we tell someone that our proposals will be ready by Wednesday, they are ready by Wednesday. If we know that it's not going to be ready by then, we call them to tell them before Wednesday.

It was not just one thing that led me to vent my frustrations on this board. as you can read, it was a series of things, all of which happened on the same visit. It is obvious that i do not have the same knowledge of cars that you have, and perhaps my one visit was an anomaly. I obviously do not go to dealerships that often, and you're most likely right that New Century is ALWAYS busy. It did seem that way when I picked up my car yesterday evening. However, I do believe that the average customer would have expected a little bit more from their end.

I was not upset about not receiving a loaner car (and I never expected a BMW loaner car) and nowhere did I say that I expected to be treated like "a king on a red carpet with champagne." I simply wanted to be treated like an individual customer. When I spoke with my service advisor, I told him that I needed to go into the office to take care of a few things, and he assured me that my car would be ready by lunchtime. Never did I demand anything of him or anyone else, and that includes a loaner car. I asked politely, he gave me his reasons why they couldn't, and that was it. I did my best to be understanding of their situation, and like I said, I was simply disappointed in the series of things that happened.

I may be offline here, but I would compare this experience like going to the mall to buy yourself a shirt, walking into the store just to be given the run-around by a number of sales clerks, being told that a size was available when it wasn't, or being told that they'd be right back with the shirt you wanted then never see them again. It's just a bit frustrating, and that is what led me to make the comments that I made.

I apologize to you and anyone else whom I offended with my post. It was not my intention to get anyone mad, but I did believe that it was my duty as an owner to inform others of my bad experience. You have refuted my bad experience with your own good ones, so perhaps all we have here is bad luck on my end. Perhaps I should see John the next time I'm in for service, since he's done a good job for you...

This comment about the $10,000 markup is off-base.
you recalled the $10000 markup on the M5 and that got you boiling mad.
It did not raise my blood. It simply raised an eyebrow of curiousity as to why they'd have markups and it reminded me of my experiences with Irvine BMW, where they marked up M3s for $15,000. Without going into it, my experiences with Irvine BMW was less than stellar. Speaking with Franco at Cutter, I was told that the reason most places had a markup was because the waiting list for these cars were so long, but that Cutter would not do that.

Take your boohoos elsewhere then. I think NC should try to avoid you in the future instead. In fact, I'd like to avoid you the next time I visit NC. :tsk:

Like I said, I was never rude to the people at New Century. I was professional about the entire situation, and I never gave my service advisors a hard time about anything that happened. In fact, I believe that I gave them ample opportunity to make it right. Haven't you ever had experiences in the past, whether at an auto dealership or at the bank, where the customer service representatives didn't tend to your requests, and were you never a bit frustrated by their lack of customer service?

That's all my post was: a venting of my frustrations and to share my experience with this dealerhip. I apologize again for generalizing everyone there, as I'm sure that they work extremely hard and most of them are very good at what they do. However, I never attacked any of you in my post, but I do feel as if you're attacking me, and that is simply unnecessary. I'm not trying to make this some kind of attack on you or anyone else who goes to New Century, so let's please end it right here. In fact, I wanted to tell you that I've followed a lot of your posts since before I purchased my car, and I respect you for all the innovations that you've provided the community, including your Alpina conversion and paddle-shift retrofit. I know that you've helped a ton of people on the boards, including bimmerfest, bimmer.org, and e46fanatics, and most people, myself included, think very highly of you and everything that you've done for the BMW community.

I hope that everyone here had a good weekend. Sorry for the long post.

JL
12-07-2003, 03:36 PM
errr... not to add anything to the fire that's brewing here...

i did ED at New Century, dealt with Eddie Yeh, and he's been very polite and courteous to me.

Anon, I hope that you do have a better experience than I did. Like I said, and I'll say it again, I hope that my experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Congratulations on your new car, and enjoy it!

John

doeboy
12-07-2003, 03:58 PM
The reason why so many dealers add markup is generally a supply vs. demand type of situation. Certain cars such as ///M models carry a premium because so many people want it, but they never seem to have as many available to sell.

Also, NC and Irvine (and several other dealers) are in areas where the local community tends to have the money to pay the extra premium to get what they want. The dealers know that. I just happen to be one of those that won't pay the extra premium (nor do I have an extra 10K or 15K to pay that markup), but many of the people in my area probably do.

Something I've also learned is you should try to get in on a weekday... the people that work on weekends generally aren't the same people as well.

I will vouch for John V. at NCBMW... he is a great SA and a great guy as well... he made the alarm activation so painless it was quite pleasing even though I had to take time away from work to drive an hour or so there and another hour and a half or some back home. I felt so good about it that I wanted to show my support for him and the dealership afterwards so I went straight to the parts dept and picked up a little something to show my support.

I also have met and spoke to Imad. He's a great guy as well and if I ever need things taken care of that aren't part of full-maintenance or warranty work, chances are, I'll be making another hour drive to get to his shop.

GSR13
12-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey JL, don't worry about it. You had a bad experience and posted your honest thoughts on this board. I thought you did so in a well thought out manner and were very civil about it.

What both you, and Vince, have to remember is no dealership is perfect on every visit. One bad visit does not necessarily mean the dealership is awful, nor does one good visit. That said, when your visit is bad, it does tend to put a bad taste in your mouth.

I had a similar experience with an Acura Dealership in North Carolina. I visited and phoned them a number of times and all the visits were awful, so I found an independent shop to do my work.

In fact, I had phoned a Service Advisor at Global Imports in Atlanta, where I bought my car, and never even got a return phone call. After numerous attempts, I found a different SA and that made all the difference.

**** luck on future visits.

GSR13
12-07-2003, 04:38 PM
So back to your story again, you had ONE bad encounter with ONE service advisor and ONE receptionist, both of whom didn't call/cater to you ON TIME. And you waited and waited, cos life is getting shorter for you. Then while waiting, you recalled the $10000 markup on the M5 and that got you boiling mad. Take your boohoos elsewhere then. I think NC should try to avoid you in the future instead. In fact, I'd like to avoid you the next time I visit NC. :tsk:

Vince, don't you think this was out of line? I thought the point of forums like these was for people to post their experiences.

You read one post from this guy and have decided he is someone you would like to avoid. Nice. :tsk:

JL
12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Doeboy,
Thank you for your advice. I will ask for John V. or Imad the next time I need any work done at New Century. Also, I think that you are right when you suggested that I bring my car in on the weekdays. That's definitely something I will do in the future.

GSR13,
Thanks for your support. I do not intend this to be some sort of debate between who is right and wrong. I voiced my opinion about a dealership, and Vince made his rebuttal. The tone of my original entry may have been a bit harsh, and for that I apologize.

Everyone has made a good point here: Generalizations shouldn't be made based on one experience. It is obvious that many of you do take your cars to NC BMW, and most of you have had great experiences, so it appears like my experience is the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks everyone!

The HACK
12-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Something I've also learned is you should try to get in on a weekday... the people that work on weekends generally aren't the same people as well.

Something I've learned as well. Never, EVER take your car to a BMW dealership for service on a weekend. That's when EVERYONE take their cars in, because they have to work during the week. You will never get prompt response and the entire shop is stretched to the limit to accomodate everyone, so it's more likely some work will get over looked.

I can not stress this enough, if you don't plan on servicing your cars, learn to develope a good working relationship with a service advisor. Treat them as your friend and they'll treat you with respect in return.

I'm sure a big part of this frustration probably comes from the fact that you brought your car in on a Saturday. I've learned to avoid that.

GSR13
12-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Something I've learned as well. Never, EVER take your car to a BMW dealership for service on a weekend. That's when EVERYONE take their cars in, because they have to work during the week. You will never get prompt response and the entire shop is stretched to the limit to accomodate everyone, so it's more likely some work will get over looked.

I can not stress this enough, if you don't plan on servicing your cars, learn to develope a good working relationship with a service advisor. Treat them as your friend and they'll treat you with respect in return.

I'm sure a big part of this frustration probably comes from the fact that you brought your car in on a Saturday. I've learned to avoid that.

I have been to Global Imports once on a Saturday. It was the slowest I had ever seen them. They run on a very small crew on Saturdays and even told me it rarely gets busy.

The worst for them is Monday morning right at 07:30:00 when they open. An absolute madhouse. A lot of car dealerships in my area do not even open Parts and Service on Saturday.

Artslinger
12-08-2003, 07:33 AM
IMO you received very poor service from New Century and there is no excuse for the poor way you were treated.

And you being anyway responsible for bring the car in a Saturday is BS, it is the dealers responsibility not take on new appointments if the schedule is full.

When you receive your follow-up BMW service survey give the dealer all ones and twos, and you should receive better service on your next visit. I would give New Century another chance and if you are treated that way again find another BMW service department.

vern
12-08-2003, 08:24 AM
IMO you received very poor service from New Century and there is no excuse for the poor way you were treated.

And you being anyway responsible for bring the car in a Saturday is BS, it is the dealers responsibility not take on new appointments if the schedule is full.

When you receive your follow-up BMW service survey give the dealer all ones and twos, and you should receive better service on your next visit. I would give New Century another chance and if you are treated that way again find another BMW service department.
Put your dealer experiences good or bad on dealerrater.com so every one can benefit from them.
Good luck
vern
PS don't let the boys ruffle your feathers.I do agree don't take your car in for service work to any dealer on a Saturday, they are just to damm busy,( even if you do have an appointment).

sky
12-08-2003, 11:59 AM
I just had my vehicle serviced there last Friday. It took about 1 1/2 hours
to get the SES and 15,000 mile oil change done. New Century was
recommended by some of the So. Cal. festers. I couldn't arrange to get
John V. as the SA but I got John S. instead. He was very helpful and
polite. Like some of the other posters stated, it probably was because
your appointment was on a Saturday that you got that kind of service.
My experience went pretty smooth other than that they had misplaced
my key...No big deal, it was found within a few minutes. Overall, I'd say
New Century is pretty good. Just schedule your next appointments during
the middle of the week. JL...hope you have better luck the next time.

bbkat
12-08-2003, 01:34 PM

Me too. No complaints at all!

e46shift
12-08-2003, 02:26 PM
www.dealerrater.com

jgrgnt
12-09-2003, 12:56 AM
JL,

Sounds like a very frustrating experience. Now, I haven't personally paid NC a visit, but if I were to be treated the way in which you described, I'd certainly consider taking my future business elsewhere. Bringing the car in on a Saturday gives the dealer no right to provide you with sub-standard service.

Anyhow, your post reminded me that I, too, need to make an appointment for Inspection I soon. Only 1400 miles to go.

Michael

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-09-2003, 01:54 AM
IMO, people who complain about dealer's services are a bunch of whiners. Especially, it's about having to wait 8.756mins longer, or so and so didn't call back within +/- ε seconds. So you waited a little longer. So what. Don't like NC? Go somewhere. No need to bash and pound the entire dealership into minced meat. There are other dealerships who treat you better, but their techs might take your car out for a joyride you never realized. FYI, NC service has strict routes for the techs to test the car. Once I questioned a 3-mile drive, spoke to John, then spoke to the tech. Turned out that the tech realized my b-pillar was rattling and he fixed it. That was a work order I never requested. If this is not good service, then I don't know what is. Hence your assumption the tech inspection I wasn't performed is preposterous

JL, reflect on your tone towards the receptionist, SA too. So far all we hear if your side of the story. It's not like we hear anything from the receptionist or SA. It's always easier to bash a dealership who doesn't spend time reading this forum. I wonder if Cutter had treated you the same, would you have posted here? Often customers think they have the right of way about being treated like a king at the service bay. I have seen tons of outrageous demands that John had to handle. Buying a pair of panties for the customer's wife is just about the last time he didn't do. With that kind of attitude as a customer, one will be treated like crap at any dealerships. Which reminds me, why don't you just drive up to Cutter and get it serviced there instead. I am sure they will give the the royal treatment. :rolleyes:

Artslinger
12-09-2003, 06:56 AM
IMO, people who complain about dealer's services are a bunch of whiners. Especially, it's about having to wait 8.756mins longer, or so and so didn't call back within +/- ε seconds. So you waited a little longer. So what. Don't like NC? Go somewhere. No need to bash and pound the entire dealership into minced meat. There are other dealerships who treat you better, but their techs might take your car out for a joyride you never realized. FYI, NC service has strict routes for the techs to test the car. Once I questioned a 3-mile drive, spoke to John, then spoke to the tech. Turned out that the tech realized my b-pillar was rattling and he fixed it. That was a work order I never requested. If this is not good service, then I don't know what is. Hence your assumption the tech inspection I wasn't performed is preposterous

JL, reflect on your tone towards the receptionist, SA too. So far all we hear if your side of the story. It's not like we hear anything from the receptionist or SA. It's always easier to bash a dealership who doesn't spend time reading this forum. I wonder if Cutter had treated you the same, would you have posted here? Often customers think they have the right of way about being treated like a king at the service bay. I have seen tons of outrageous demands that John had to handle. Buying a pair of panties for the customer's wife is just about the last time he didn't do. With that kind of attitude as a customer, one will be treated like crap at any dealerships. Which reminds me, why don't you just drive up to Cutter and get it serviced there instead. I am sure they will give the the royal treatment. :rolleyes:

Wow, what are you on their payroll or have friends that work at NC BMW? I really don't understand your attitude, the dealer should provide the customer with good service end of story. Service departments are in the bussiness of taking care of the customer.

vern
12-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Wow, what are you on their payroll or have friends that work at NC BMW? I really don't understand your attitude, the dealer should provide the customer with good service end of story. Service departments are in the bussiness of taking care of the customer.
I'll second that!!!!!!!!! Get off your soap box and lighten up on JL he is also entitle to his opinion about New Century.
vern

jgrgnt
12-09-2003, 10:22 AM
...No need to bash and pound the entire dealership into minced meat...

That was not the impression I got with JL's original post. Maybe you need to step back, take a deep breath and realize that your comments have been far too harsh.

Michael

JL
12-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Vince,
From your response to my posts, you would have read from my conciliatory remarks that I apologized for making such generalizations about the dealership and its people because it seems like everyone else has had good experiences with them and it does appear like my service was a bit out of their norm. Perhaps some of my initial comments (such as questioning whether they did the tech inspection) were a bit extreme, given my frustration, but you'll realize that I did apologize for some of the things I said. However, I will have to disagree with some of the insinuations that you made about me and my attitude.

At no time during this whole situation was I ever rude to the receptionist or the service advisors. Had you been there with me, I believe that you would have agreed. I never raised my voice to them or demanded anything of them other than to find out the status of my car. I never insisted on speaking to my service advisor because I realized that he was probably extremely busy. The two times that I spoke with a receptionist, it was only to find out if and when my car would be ready. Is that unreasonable?

At no time did I demand anything outrageous from anybody there. I did not demand a loaner car, let alone a BMW (I asked if they offered loaner cars, and I expected to pay for it if they did) and I did not demand that my car be done by lunchtime (This is what they told me. My work order said that the car would be done by 12pm). I did realize that it was busy on the weekends, but like I said, it is not ONE thing that resulted in me writing my original post; it was a combination of things which just happened to all occur on the same visit.

I'm sorry that I upset you with my posts, but I was simply sharing my bad experience at the dealership. Had my experience with Cutter been similar, trust me, I would have said something. I've spoken to Jon Shafer in the past, and I believe that he left Cutter to pursue other interests, but a dealership's presence on this or any other board does not influence whether or not I write about it. I do appreciate you and everyone else stepping up for New Century and letting me know that they have done a great job in the past, but I think that you're taking a bit far with your comments, which I do feel are a personal attack on me. Yes, I do know that I have other options in which dealership I bring my car into, and I chose New Century because a) it was closest to me, b) it had received the best reviews out of all the dealerships in my area, and c) because people on this board vouched for them.

If I haven't said this before, I'll say it again: I'm sorry I offended you with my comments, but at no time did I question or attack your character as I feel you have done to me. This whole issue is not really a matter of who is right and who is wrong; rather, this was me sharing my experience with everyone on the board. Telling me that New Century should avoid me in the future, that you'd like to avoid me the next time you visit NC, or that I should go to Cutter to receive what you call "royal treatment," is really unnecessary and goes against what is supposed to be a community that helps one another out.

Rather than attack my character, it would have been easier for you to simply tell me that my experience was out of the norm and that NC has been nothing but stellar to you and other members (as Anon, doeboy, sky, and bbkat have done). Or you could have made the suggestion, as doeboy and Hack did, that I not bring my car in on the weekend. That way, it would have helped me out rather than turn this entire post into a he said-she said event. I'm not as experienced or as knowledgable about cars as many of you on this board, so please pardon me.

yamato
12-09-2003, 11:05 AM
I think every dealer may potentially do the same a few customers once in a while on some bad days. It is a matter of how unlucky a customer is. I would probably still go back to the same dealer if I get treated like this for one time. But if a dealer *scratch* my car even ONCE!!! I would definitely not go back.

MR325iT
12-09-2003, 02:16 PM
I think every dealer may potentially do the same a few customers once in a while on some bad days. It is a matter of how unlucky a customer is. I would probably still go back to the same dealer if I get treated like this for one time. But if a dealer *scratch* my car even ONCE!!! I would definitely not go back.

Good point - I don't think one bad episode should kill the relationship with a given dealer.

I've had such a wide range of experiences at different dealers - from one who bailed me out and got me some out-of-warranty repairs for free, to one who damaged my car. Honestly, my expectations aren't that high: do the work I ask you to do, and don't damage the car while you have it. Very simple. You need the car an entire day? No problem - just do the work right and we're fine.

There's probably a deeper message in here somewhere about poor dealer service resulting in lowered customer expectations, but that's just my $.02. If the service is that bad, I go elsewhere, and if it gets really bad, well...that's why there's more than one carmaker out there to choose from.

Brashland
12-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Damn, sounds like we have several NC employees sounding off on this board.

The original post was not at all bashing the dealer. Apparently some people have had good service there, and JL did not.

There is NO EXCUSE for not calling people back. They did not return his call (several times), they did not return his car to him when promised, they did not honor his appointment time (that's why you make an appointment, correct?, so they can schedule your meeting?).

There are many reasons why they did not handle him in a timely manner, but for whatever reason (short staffed, overbooked, more work than expected) a very SIMPLE 'sorry for the delay, we will get to you as soon as possible' is not too much to ask.

JL, I'd :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: too!