PDA

View Full Version : Electrodyne: Read this.

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-08-2003, 02:43 AM
I received this in my mailbox:

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:04:34 -0800
X-Authentication-Warning: server064.cybrhost.com: nobody set sender to maillist@electrodyne.cc using -f
To: (removed by me)
Subject: December Newsletter; adv
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-mid: dnB3c2VhaEBuZXR0YXhpLmNvbQ==
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------=_1070609035-4429-399"
Message-ID: <hpdlvm.epvyv6@www.electrodyne.cc>
X-Spam-Score: 8.115 (********) ADVERT_CODE2,CLICK_BELOW,EXCUSE_3,EXCUSE_REMOVE,HT ML_80_90,HTML_FONTCOLOR_BLUE,HTML_FONTCOLOR_GREEN, HTML_FONTCOLOR_RED,HTML_FONT_BIG,HTML_LINK_CLICK_H ERE,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TAG_EXISTS_TBODY,HTML_WEB_BU GS,MIME_HTML_MOSTLY,RECEIVE_OFFER
X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.38

--------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe, please click here:
http://www.electrodyne*****12all/box.php?funcml=unsub2&nlbox[1]=14&email=(removed)
Content-Type: text/plain; name="SpamAssassinReport.txt"
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="SpamAssassinReport.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.411 (Entity 5.404)

Spam detection software, running on the system "mailrecv38.bigmailbox.com", has
identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
similar future email. If you have any questions, see
root for details.

Content preview: To Unsubscribe, please click here:
http://www.electrodyne*****12all/box.php?funcml=unsub2&nlbox[1]&email=(removed)
URI:http://www.electrodyne*****12all/lt/t_go.php?iw&e=dnB3c2VhaEBuZXR0YXhpLmNvbQ==&l=http://www.racdyn-usa.com/
Racing Dynamics
URI:http://www.racdyn-usa.com/images/Email_Images/RD_Header1.gif
URI:http://www.electrodyne*****12all/lt/t_go.php?iw&e=dnB3c2VhaEBuZXR0YXhpLmNvbQ==&l=http://www.racdyn-usa.com/
Racing Dynamics
URI:http://www.racdyn-usa.com/images/Email_Images/RD_Header2.gif [...]

Content analysis details: (8.1 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
2.3 ADVERT_CODE2 Subject: contains advertising tag
1.1 RECEIVE_OFFER BODY: Receive a special offer
0.1 EXCUSE_3 BODY: Claims you can be removed from the list
0.9 EXCUSE_REMOVE BODY: Talks about how to be removed from mailings
1.1 HTML_WEB_BUGS BODY: Image tag intended to identify you
0.0 HTML_80_90 BODY: Message is 80% to 90% HTML
0.1 HTML_TAG_EXISTS_TBODY BODY: HTML has "tbody" tag
0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_RED BODY: HTML font color is red
0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_BLUE BODY: HTML font color is blue
0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_GREEN BODY: HTML font color is green
1.6 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
0.2 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.3 HTML_FONT_BIG BODY: HTML has a big font
0.1 HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE BODY: HTML link text says "click here"
0.1 CLICK_BELOW Asks you to click below

Rob, we have already corresponded about this before. I have unsubscribed a million times from your newsletter. Yet I still receive this junk from you. Quite frankly, I am getting extremely annoyed and irritated. The least you can do is be considerate. Respect my decision to unsubcribe. If you continue to do this, I will not hesistate to take legal actions.

racingdynamics
12-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I received this in my mailbox:

Rob, we have already corresponded about this before. I have unsubscribe a million times from your newsletter. Yet I still receive this junk from you. Quite frankly, I am getting extremely annoyed and irritated. The least you can do is be considerate. Respect my decision to unsubscribe. If you continue to do this, I will not hesitate to take legal actions.

Mr. "Paddle.Shift",

It is honestly in our best intentions to remove anyone that doesn't want to receive emails. This is why we have many removed links. We have found with people in the past that haven't used a remove link, and ask us to remove them, sometimes provide us with incorrect email address.
(last person stated their email was total.bmw@xxx and finally we found that it was set up in our system as totalbmw@xxx yet they still received emails because somehow their server was forwarding them.)
This may or may not be the case with you. You may send me an email personally to (rob@electroydne.cc) with your email address that you are getting the email to, and any other email address that you may have. First, I do a search to try to find and remove the name manually from the email data base, then I add all the emails to the "blocked" email. This is supposed to block all emails going to that email address, even if you were to again sign up on the list. I will then tell you the next approximate date of an email listing, so you know that if you don't receive it, you are completely removed from the list.
We have had problems in the past before with having emails removed, and with knowing this, we try to take ever step forward into making it easier to be removed from the listings, and stay off the listings.
To any others that have recieved an email from us, and would like to be removed but haven't been yet, please feel free to send me an email (rob@electrodyne.cc) and the same will be done.

Sincerely,

Rob
rob@electrodyne.cc
Electrodyne, Inc

Emission
12-12-2003, 01:49 PM
I just got off the phone with Electrodyne.

They don't farm e-mail addresses from this forum, and they don't collect addresses from "click-throughs" on banners.

If you are on their mailing list, it is because you purchased something from them, sent them electronic correspondence, or were on another mailing list they bought (third party).

They do direct mail (e-mail) sales. They buy large e-mail lists. They have no way to determine if the person who they have "purchased" wants to be on the list.

As a result, they will gladly remove you from the list if you wish. E-mail them per the instructions above.

- Mike

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Rob,

You didn't add me through this forum. This issue that I brought up dates back to as far as early this year. I have an email from you even assuring me that I will be removed. Apparently not. Everytime I unsubscribe through the link, the newsletter keeps coming back. So what gives?Rob, I just signed off again. If I receive any newsletter, what should I do?

Mike, I NEVER EVER purchase anything from Electrodyne. I NEVER EVER sign up for any Electrodyne newsletters either. I have signed off probably 15 times and still the newsletters come in.

Emission
12-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Rob,

You didn't add me through this forum. This issue that I brought up dates back to as far as early this year. I have an email from you even assuring me that I will be removed. Apparently not. Everytime I unsubscribe through the link, the newsletter keeps coming back. So what gives?Rob, I just signed off again. If I receive any newsletter, what should I do?

Mike, I NEVER EVER purchase anything from Electrodyne. I NEVER EVER sign up for any Electrodyne newsletters either. I have signed off probably 15 times and still the newsletters come in.

They sent a newsletter out today (12/12). Did you get it?

Plaz
12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
I've given up getting angry about individual pieces of spam.

I get so many hundreds per day, that if I paid attention to each one, or tried to follow up on individual pieces, I'd never get anything else done, and would probably stroke out from the stress and angst.

Set up a filter that moves any piece of mail from someone who is not in your address book to a spam folder. That's what I've done now.

Of course, that might be problematic for you if you follow up on sales inquiries from strangers. But it's a start.

:dunno:

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Here's the email:
======================dated May 2003==============
To: "Vincent" ****
Subject: RE: You've Been Removed!
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:26:21 -0400
Message-ID: <LPEMIKDLNLNCPFIICIPOEELEDNAA.rob@racdyn-usa.com>
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0)
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <5.2.0.9.2.20030520120508.02833460@mail.attbi.com>
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000

Vincent,

I am sorry that you have not been removed. It is not in our interest to send
an email to people that don't wish to receive. I have checked all of are
list manually and I don't see your email address (****)
listed in any of them now.
If you do receive another email from us after this one, please let us know.
Again, we are sorry the removal not working for you in the past, but now at
this teim, it seems as if you are REALLY GONE FROM THE LISTING. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
800/296-8850 ext 211 & 222
703/823-0202 ext 211 & 222
================================================== ===

Then the June newsletter arrived, in which I sent an email to Rob.

Rob,

I thought we have talked about this kind of spamming before. I have already requested a removal before yet I still received such emails from your company. Please respect my decision and remove me from the list: ****. I hate to say this, but one more spam email, I am going to take the necessary measures.

Regards,
Vincent

At 09:54 PM 6/16/2003, you wrote:

[][]

If you have received this email by mistake, please use the self-remove link here. REMOVE ME
This link will remove you from our site's email database and is not intended to be a capture process for future emails. If you have any troubles with the remove link, please email us at sales@racdyn-usa.com

[] []
Mini Cooper Exhaust
[]
Mini Cooper 2002 on (non S); stainless steel with a single Sport 90 mm diameter round tips embossed with "RACING DYNAMICS" logos, special internal construction for improved performance and sound.
$295.00- Sale price
coupon code 50EXH

BMW Z3 6 cyl Spring kit
[]
These springs are 100% German made on CNC precision winding machines from chrome silicone and chrome
vanadium wire (world's best spring steel). The springs are then shot peened in & out, phosphate coated, powder coated RACING DYNAMICS blue.German TUV certified, in the highest standard ISO9002 production facility.

BMW Z3 6 cyl
$149.00-
Sale price
coupon code Z3SPR
Mini Cooper
$159.00-
Sale price
coupon code MNSPR

Mini Cooper "S"
$159.00-
Sale price
coupon code MNSPR

Door sill plates
[]
BMW 525/535/540 E34
sold as a pair with
Racing Dynamics logo.

$750.00 list
$250.00-
Sale price

Short shift kit
BMW 3 & 5 series
E36 including ti & M3, E46 323/325/330 &M3,
E39 528, 540 & M5

Reduces the throw of the shift from 20-35% depending on your application. Engineered to keep the angles of the shifter closer to stock and others on the market for a less "notchy" feel and keeping the smooth factory feel of a shift.
[]
$212.50-Sale price
coupon code 015shift

E46 Cold Air Intake

[]

Cold air intake, BMW 323i/325i/328i E46 1999 on with intregal heat shield. Heat shield is manufactured from low thermal conductivity composite to keep the hot air of the engine out of the intake air. Special fabrication allows heat shield to conduct cold air directly from the OE high pressure intake system; Kit comes complete with special RACING DYNAMICS high performance air filter, composite heat shield to insulate engine heat from cold air intake charge for increased performance and mounting hardware to mount to existing chassis locations. Instructions included.

$227.53 -E46 non 330/M3

E39 530 Cold Air Intake

[]

Cold air intake, BMW 530 e39 2001on Kit comes complete with special RACING DYNAMICS high performance air filter, polished aluminum intake tube, mounting brackets and mounting hardware to mount to existing chassis locations. Instructions included.

$189.53 -E39 530

[]
Come visit our fully stocked showroom!
We are open Monday - Friday;
9am-5pm to serve you.

Installation is available by appointment; check out our
competitive rates.

[]

Racing Dynamics
4750 Eisenhower Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304

www.racdyn-usa.com
sales@racdyn-usa.com
800-296-8881 ext 211 & 222
703-823-5788 ext 211 & 222

Dealer, Import, Export Inquiries
are Welcome

[]

Pricing subject to change without notice. For online purchases only until 07/10/03 unless otherwise noted, and while quantities last. Some savings are valid only if coupon codes are entered.

If you have received this email by mistake, please use the self-remove link here. REMOVE ME
This link will remove you from our site's email database and is not intended to be a capture process for future emails. If you have any troubles with the remove link, please email us at sales@racdyn-usa.com

================================================== ================================================== ======

And here's the Oct 2003 newsletter:

October Newsletter Update; ADV

[]

E39 M5 Sport Exhaust
[]
[]

BMW E39 M5 1999+ stainless steel sport exhaust w/dual rear mufflers, twin 90mm tips embossed with
"RACING DYNAMICS" logos.

$795.00 sale price
coupon code E39M5

E46 M3 Swaybar kit
[]
[]
$349.00
Adjustable swaybar kit; 30mm front bar with 3 adjustment points & 25.5mm rear bar with 2 adjustment points. Kit includes adjustable heim joint drop endlinks and urethane bushings.
Coupon code M3SWAY

Rear lip spoiler
[]
[]
$125.00
E36 BMW 318ti Compact 95 on. This RACING DYNAMICS design will accent the fluid lines of the ti rear hatch.
Coupon code E36LIP

RGS Road Wheel
[]
[]
BMW E24/34/31/38/39
17x8"
$595.00/set
Coupon code RGS17x8

[]

E30 Front Spoiler
Back into production
E30 318/325 1988-91 coupe/sedan
(cabrio only 91-93)
[]
[]
Reserve yours today.

E39 Cold Air Intake
(e39 528 shown below)
[]
BMW 528I 97 on and BMW 530 2000 on
CAI with intregal heat shield. Heat shield is manufactured from low thermal conductivity composite to keep the hot air of the engine out of the intake air. Special fabrication allows heat shield to conduct cold air directly from the OE high pressure intake system, and will still allow room to retain factory HIDs.
E39 528
[]
$227.53
E39 530
[]
E39 540
coming soon!
[]
E30 Foglamp covers
[]
$26.06
[]

RGP Chrome Wheels
BMW E24/34/38/31/39
$475/set
[]
[]
E34 Aero Kit

Includes:

Front Spoiler
Side Skirts
Rear Apron
[]
List price
$1335
Coupon code E34AERO
$595.00 sale price
[]

Racing Dynamics
4750 Eisenhower Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304
[]
www.racdyn-usa.com
sales@racdyn-usa.com
800-296-8881 ext 211 & 222
703-823-5788 ext 211 & 222

Dealer, Distributor, Export Inquiries are Welcome
Inside sales representative wanted!!!
Showroom open; installation by appointment.
Pricing subject to change without notice. For online purchases only until 11/15/03 unless otherwise noted, and while quantities last. Some savings are valid only if coupon codes are entered.
Click the link below to be REMOVED from future mailings.

--------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe, please click here.
[]

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Plaz, I have a cheeky, adorable little hamster as a pet. Getting angry is not my forte.

Thing is Electrodyne's email is full of graphic files. Sure, I can set Eudora to delete those emails. But at the same time it clogs up my server, and worst people who needs to send me conference papers in PDF couldn't get through to me. Sure, filtering will solve the problem but it does not address the issue. If they provide a link to unsubscribe, then respect that decision from us.

electrodyne
12-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Thing is Electrodyne's email is full of graphic files. Sure, I can set Eudora to delete those emails. But at the same time it clogs up my server, and worst people who needs to send me conference papers in PDF couldn't get through to me. Sure, filtering will solve the problem but it does not address the issue. If they provide a link to unsubscribe, then respect that decision from us.[/QUOTE]

You have still yet to send me your email address as I requested in the forum. The email address in which you are getting the emails sent to. This has only happen so far with one other email address which I talked about earlier. After many attempts of trying to remove the address which he said was the one he was receiving them at, we found the mistake. I was REBUILDING the complete list manually. Re-inputting each name and looking over the list, when I found the email address that was to be used, but with a " . " in the middle of it. This was the address that it was being sent to, and his server had downloaded it as a catch all email.

Mike and many others I am sure, have put there email address into our remove section, and have been removed. The receive a final email, stating and confirming their removal. IT WORKS. But it only works when you put in the correct email address of what you are receiving the emails to.

We don't wish to have anyone on the listing that doesn't wish to receive our emails. We try our hardest remove everyone. Every email has a self remove link at the very bottom which will certainly remove the name from the listing, even if you don't know the email address which it is going to. It will self-remove it and you will see a confirmation!

So again, I ask for your email address which you receive it. If you are not certain, send any email addresses that you could have received it as, and I will do a search from the data base to have it removed manually rather than from the email link.

-For the record. The graphic files are only a source to our website. Thus being, it should not clog up any space on your server and have nothing to do with you not receiving your other .pdf files. The emails are only a code to source you back to information on our server which uses the space and bandwidth on our servers.

Thank you

electrodyne
01-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Still have recieved no emails from Mr Paddleshift or anyone else requesting to be removed. So, I guess problem/s solved.

If you are getting an email from us, and would like to be removed, and if the remove link doesn't work, please simply send us an email to

sales@electrodyne.cc
subject: Removed.

Thank you,

Customer Service

operknockity
01-09-2004, 05:35 PM
They don't farm e-mail addresses from this forum, and they don't collect addresses from "click-throughs" on banners.

If you are on their mailing list, it is because you purchased something from them, sent them electronic correspondence, or were on another mailing list they bought (third party).

They do direct mail (e-mail) sales. They buy large e-mail lists. They have no way to determine if the person who they have "purchased" wants to be on the list.
I'm sorry, but the fact that they indiscriminately spam folks from purchased lists of e-mail addresses make them lower than slime in my book. (The folks who sold them the address lists are also slime!). And that they do this only encourage the lying bastard scumsuckers that make/sell those lists to go out and indiscriminately harvest addresses from newsgroups, message boards, and web sites.

And, how do you explain that having used those "remove me" links got me off the racing dynamics lists only to suddenly start getting the exact same newsletters to the exact same addresses a couple of months later, but this time from electrodyne?

If I wanted to be on their mailing lists, I would have requested to be on the list. Instead, out of the blue I started to get their newsletters.

And what makes it worse is that I got 5 of them each month, some to e-mail addresses which were never used in any way other than having been posted on the LA club's web site for requests to be added to our mailing lists.

The bastages should be buried under print-outs of their newsletters and left to rot!

(I feel just a wee bit better now)