PDA

View Full Version : busted wheels/hubcaps

swchang
12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I heard that many cities will pay to replace your wheels/hubcaps if you bend/bust them up by driving into a pothole. Has anyone else heard of this? How would you get them to pay? Do you have to pull over and call the police to have them file a report as soon as it happens?

Thanks. :)

3seriesbimmer
12-12-2003, 06:41 PM
I heard that many cities will pay to replace your wheels/hubcaps if you bend/bust them up by driving into a pothole. Has anyone else heard of this? How would you get them to pay? Do you have to pull over and call the police to have them file a report as soon as it happens?

Thanks. :)

Sure will... If you file a claim with the City..... and If it is found that it is the Cities fault (claim usually stops here) ....and If you have the utter patience for them to "investigate" and get back to you on the subject...don't hold your breath it can take over a year. :mad: Can you tell I've had a run in with this experience??? :rolleyes:

3seriesbimmer
12-12-2003, 06:42 PM
A police report may speed things up a little but once it's in the Cities hands it seems to get lost.

swchang
12-12-2003, 07:50 PM
A police report may speed things up a little but once it's in the Cities hands it seems to get lost.

This experience is with Syracuse?

·clyde·
12-12-2003, 08:42 PM
City, county, state...whichever is responsible for maintaining that section of road.

Some are better than others.