PDA

View Full Version : anyone with for sale experience?

akbmw81
12-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Don't know where to post this so admin can move it to wherever...anyways...I found a used ECIS intake for $150 used about 10,000 miles and the guy wants to deal with personal checks...this is my first time ever buying from for sale forum and I don't want to be ripped off. So, how does it work so that I actually get the product and he gets the money and everybody is happy...What if he gets my check and never sends the product? Is there something you can do with personal checks that doesn't allow him to deposit until I get the product? TIA

pixA4
12-10-2003, 08:26 AM
The for sale section of the site is kind of a buy at your own risk kind of deal. Although I have never purchased anything from this particular site I have purchased items from other sites in the past that have similar set-ups. In reality, you are just as safe buying it from this site as you would be buying it from ebay. In either case the seller will most likely want verified payment before sending the product. Most of the time I have paid through a service such as paypal but personal checks/money orders are pretty common as well. If it is by check, most of the time a person will not send the item until the check clears the bank but it depends on the seller.

In any case, the only time I usually get worried about a possible purchase is if the deal seems too good to be true...like a brand new M3 for 30k or something like that.

Hope that helps.

Kaz
12-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Prepayment is standard practice. I've been buying a d selling on the 'Net for many years (before the advent of eBay) and, knock on wood, have never had a problem in the hundreds of transactions I've done.

vern
12-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Don't know where to post this so admin can move it to wherever...anyways...I found a used ECIS intake for $150 used about 10,000 miles and the guy wants to deal with personal checks...this is my first time ever buying from for sale forum and I don't want to be ripped off. So, how does it work so that I actually get the product and he gets the money and everybody is happy...What if he gets my check and never sends the product? Is there something you can do with personal checks that doesn't allow him to deposit until I get the product? TIA
PAYPAL is the way to go .Its quick and easy.
Good luck
vern

akbmw81
12-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Prepayment is standard practice. I've been buying a d selling on the 'Net for many years (before the advent of eBay) and, knock on wood, have never had a problem in the hundreds of transactions I've done.

Good to hear...thanks for all the reply's...

akbmw81
12-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Just curious...does ECIS even make a non-cold air intake?