PDA

View Full Version : First Snow!

suzer
12-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Finally! First real messy snow storm since I bought Mr. Silverfish.

I've been worried, because I love everything about my X5 so much, that if it let me down in the snow I'd be crushed.

I live on a street that doesn't get plowed, and I used to back out of my driveway in my old 4Runner in regular 2WD, then shift to High-4WD or else my tires would spin. This morning, after an evening of rain turning to sleet turning to snow, I backed out, put it in drive and stepped on the gas and and, drumroll please - no wheel spin!

On my uneventful drive to the dealer for an oil change (a compromise on the how many miles should you really go before getting an oil change discussion - husband wanted 3500, I wanted 7500 so we went with 5000), I drove around plenty of people spinning their wheels in the slushy stuff at the stoplights. I'm not a good driver, but the X5 didn't even act like the road was wet, just nice handling and easy braking.

After the oil change (should it scare me that everyone at the dealership knows my husband by name, and wants an update on his to-M3 or not-to-M3 quandry?) we drove around in a snow-covered parking lot, then took a very dirty X5 home.

Bought myself a new prize at the dealership also - a long handled snow scraper/brush!

What a great snow day!

FireFly
12-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Glad to hear you are enjoying the AWD. My XI shares the same AWD system as your X5- pretty good IMHO. Would be cool to see what the X-Drive can do- bet it rocks!

Tominizer
12-11-2003, 12:27 PM
That only means your husband is likely waundering in there every second day to have a snort around................... the M3's. No worries though. It's not a known deadly disease physically. But can be a pocketbook killer.